Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigbazz View Post
    You started a conversation by quoting me and laughing at my avatar which is by its very nature a personal dig, then you get upset when I return the favour? Get a grip of yourself, if you didn't care you wouldn't have asked and if you weren't projecting you wouldn't be so worked up over nothing. Did you have anything on topic to say about my comment or are you going to continue this petty tantrum?
    No, I didn't. Way to demonstrate your ability to read and comprehend what you just read. What I said was, and I quote,

You cannot imagine how funny it is to me that you said that and have a Formula 1 racecar as your avatar.
    Because what you said is exactly how I feel about any kind of motorsport. See, that's why I said it 'is funny to me'. I'm not laughing at your avatar, and I'm not laughing at you for chosing said avatar or what it represents, either. You are free to enjoy whatever you like.

Also, you are apperantly not familiar with the concept of condescending sarcasm. If someone asks "Also, who?" he usually wants to indicate a complete lack of interest.

"I recently met your exgirlfriend, Jessica." "Who?"

If I was to bore you with the identitiy of my 'furry anime' avatar, you might have the same reaction.

And how, exactly, did I get 'worked up' over you demonstrating a lack of knowledge of anime characters? Would you mind quoting where I seemed upset? Because your opinion of my avatar and/or how you percieve it matters very little to me.

As for me being on topic: I was from the very beginning. My initial comment was supposed to provide you with some fresh perspective that, just because you think that something is dumb, you maybe shouldn't state it as fact, but as your personal opinion, and just because you cannot see how this can be good doesn't necessarily mean that goes for everyone. I also did it to show you that there is a very high chance that someone has the same opinion about something you might enjoy.

But you immediatly interpreted it as a personal attack, so I come to the sad realization that my point was lost on you.

Quote Originally Posted by Skulltaker View Post
    No, I didn't. Way to demonstrate your ability to read and comprehend what you just read. What I said was, and I quote
    Also, you are apperantly not familiar with the concept of condescending sarcasm. If someone asks "Also, who?" he usually wants to indicate a complete lack of interest.

"I recently met your exgirlfriend, Jessica." "Who?"
    Oh I'm familiar with it, It's just that rather than play into your highschool teenager level of "condescending" and rudeness I'd rather you learn about Ayrton Senna. You could have googled faster than the time you took to make that distasteful "who?"

If I was to bore you with the identitiy of my 'furry anime' avatar, you might have the same reaction.
    And how, exactly, did I get 'worked up' over you demonstrating a lack of knowledge of anime characters? Would you mind quoting where I seemed upset? Because your opinion of my avatar and/or how you percieve it matters very little to me.
    Lack of knowledge of fictional animated characters? Let me guess you have a deep story or connection to this furry animal (from one piece) that you feel is profound and I've upset you? I'm not at the level where I'm gonna use an anime character as my avatar because I find it a bit cringeworthy, even so I've seen plenty of anime in my life.

I'm a fan of the Pokemon games, I think the movie and trailer looks dumb as shit and is gonna be terrible. You thinking motorsport is dumb/stupid is very likely based on ignorance, as you don't realise how far automotive safety and development has progressed purely due to motorsport.

I await your next rivetting response.
    Last edited by Bigbazz; 2018-11-14 at 05:03 PM.
    Probably running on a Pentium 4

Quote Originally Posted by Bigbazz View Post
    Oh I'm familiar with it, It's just that rather than play into your highschool teenager level of "condescending" and rudeness I'd rather you learn about Ayrton Senna. You could have googled faster than the time you took to make that distasteful "who?"

Lack of knowledge of fictional animated characters? Let me guess you have a deep story or connection to this furry animal (from one piece) that you feel is profound and I've upset you? I'm not at the level where I'm gonna use an anime character as my avatar because I find it a bit cringeworthy, even so I've seen plenty of anime in my life.

I'm a fan of the Pokemon games, I think the movie and trailer looks dumb as shit and is gonna be terrible. You thinking motorsport is dumb/stupid is very likely based on ignorance, as you don't realise how far automotive safety and development has progressed purely due to motorsport.
    Edit: There we go.

Yeah, sorry, but now you're reaching. First of all, you're getting personal again - never a good sign. And you're the one that started with the rudeness. And, since I already was typing here, no, googleing some dude would have taken me longer. I'd probably lose interest somewhere inbetween ctrl-c and opening a new tab, too.

And, no, I don't have a deep story or relation to that character. And, again, you haven't upset me in the slightest. You also couldn't. But what I find rather interesting is that you apperantly know more about the character that you initially were willing to let on. So, why the deliberate attempt to be insulting?

If you think the trailer looks dumb, why didn't you say so in the beginning, and not state your opinion as fact? And why not elaborate on it? And, yes, motorsport has indeed advanced technology. So what? I still think it's dumb and boring, and I fail to see how anyone can enjoy watching grown men driving in circles for six hours. The people who actually advance the sport and tech aren't in the sport, it's the engineers at the respective companies. They'd probably do the same work if motorsport wasn't a thing. It is, like all organized sport, a means to make cash, because there are plenty of people willing to fork out 100€ for a ticket to see cars drive by every 6 minutes, and take home a 20€ scarf and a 30€ shirt.

And if the engeneering advancement had actually anything to do with you picking that avatar, you'd have tried to refer me to the car, where the advancements have been made, and not the pilot, who contributed exactly nothing to said advancements.
    Last edited by Skulltaker; 2018-11-14 at 05:23 PM.

Deleted
    I'm not sure I like this at all - who is it actually aimed at?
    It's sure not for Pokémon fans, its like an April Fools day joke come true.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pvt Hudson View Post
    Does not look as bad as i thought it would be.

It seems like it actually might be good. A solid comedy.

Quote Originally Posted by Skulltaker View Post
    Stuff about anime, pokemon and motorsport.
    Yeah, sorry, but now you're reaching. First of all, you're getting personal again - never a good sign. And you're the one that started with the rudeness. And, since I already was typing here, no, googleing some dude would have taken me longer. I'd probably lose interest somewhere inbetween ctrl-c and opening a new tab, too.
    We're in an argument, you're making digs in every post and I'm responding in turn. Your first post was rude, you can't expect people to be able to pull intent and context from a vaguely written off topic attack, it simply comes across as a random act of ad-hominem. If you didn't like my opinion you should have asked me why I thought it was stupid, not laugh at my avatar because you don't like motorsport.

And, no, I don't have a deep story or relation to that character. And, again, you haven't upset me in the slightest. You also couldn't. But what I find rather interesting is that you apperantly know more about the character that you initially were willing to let on. So, why the deliberate attempt to be insulting?
    Regardless of which anime it comes from It is a furry animal anime character, how is that insulting? Given your opening quote to me I find it a bit amusing that you're finding it insulting that I called it what it was. Having a furry anime character (or any anime character) as your avatar is your own choice and I wouldn't ever bring it up in conversation if not for the fact that you brought up mine.

Even so, a stereotype brews in my mind when I see posters who do use anime avatars and it's not a positive one.

If you think the trailer looks dumb, why didn't you say so in the beginning, and not state your opinion as fact? And why not elaborate on it?
    I did, I said it looks so stupid, (stupid and dumb, same difference). Where am I stating my opinion as fact, it's very clearly an opinion by its very nature.. You're getting triggered here and it's leading you to some irrational misguided conclusions. I thought the trailer was dumb, stupid and I think the movie is gonna be a terrible cliche filled cringe fest cash cow.

It wasn't written to hurt your feelings or to take away from the fact that you liked the trailer, you're entitled to like whatever you want (even furry anime characters), I saw the trailer as a result of the thread title, watched it and thought "damn this looks so stupid" and posted that direct opinion in the thread.

And, yes, motorsport has indeed advanced technology. So what? I still think it's dumb and boring, and I fail to see how anyone can enjoy watching grown men driving in circles for six hours
    It's a sport and an engineering industry, F1 races last a maximum of 2 hours. Why is this in any way comparable for you to a movie in a fictional universe with a talking pikachu?

The people who actually advance the sport and tech aren't in the sport, it's the engineers at the respective companies. They'd probably do the same work if motorsport wasn't a thing. It is, like all organized sport, a means to make cash, because there are plenty of people willing to fork out 100€ for a ticket to see cars drive by every 6 minutes, and take home a 20€ scarf and a 30€ shirt.
    Actually most races run at a loss for the venue, countries pay the price for increased tourism while most of the money in play involves sponsorship. Teams put in millions to be the winning team for the promotional aspect of increasing brand value, as a result an incredible amount of ingenious solutions are divised through direct objective competition, thus pushing technology forward in a way that trickles down into road cars. There are 20+ cars on track, most full laps are less than 2 minutes, some closer to one minute, so you can do the math.

The hybrid turbo era of F1 has massively moved internal combustion engines forward in terms of thermodynamic efficiency, which will eventually find its way into road cars (it's already in process via Mercedes).

And if the engeneering advancement had actually anything to do with you picking that avatar, you'd have tried to refer me to the car, where the advancements have been made, and not the pilot, who contributed exactly nothing to said advancements
    Senna died in 1994 when I was a young kid and F1 fan, he was the most famous driver in the world at the time and a national hero in Brazil, the effect of his death still lingers on today in terms the push for automotive safety. He had a huge contribution to said advancements that he paid for with his life, I picked the avatar because it was convenient when I made my account but Senna was and is a hero of mine.
    Probably running on a Pentium 4

Looks good. I think I will see it in theater.

My face when waiting for this film.

its silly how ive gone from "what a dumb fucking premise for a movie" to "omfg make 10x sequels"

I'm just waiting for the inevitable Pikachu jokes in Deadpool 3.

When I first heard the idea of this movie, I was like "man, this is going to bomb" and now I'm like "I never realized how much I needed this movie."
    Just don't reply to me. Please. If you can help it.

I can't hear anything but Ryan Reynolds doing is best...Ryan Reynolds. It's so damned distracting.

It...it...it actually might not suck.

It does make me wonder how they're going to handle the realistic style they've got going here. Since Pokemon has always basically been glorified dog fighting, I wonder how violent it's going to be. They can get away with that crap when the worst that happened in the cartoon was a pokemon's eyes turning to comical swirls when they're knocked out...but when they're animated to try and fit in with the "real" world? I don't know man... Going to be interesting.

Here we go "Pokemon is animal cruelty" gotta love the internet.

First off Pokemon are not real so lets not even bother to go there.

And if you do want to have a pointless discussion about the morals of fictional alien like creatures fighting then its clearly displayed they enjoy fighting and to deny them fighting each other would be like chaining up a dog and cat all day and never letting them run or hunt. Now that would be cruel! /s

Not showing Mewtoo and the cloning chamber would have been better, but no, the trailer had to give the big twist/secret away again.
    Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    I'm fine with a mafia. Of course, the mafia families often worked with independent third parties in order to maintain relations.

Quote Originally Posted by RobertoCarlos View Post
    Here we go "Pokemon is animal cruelty" gotta love the internet.

First off Pokemon are not real so lets not even bother to go there.

And if you do want to have a pointless discussion about the morals of fictional alien like creatures fighting then its clearly displayed they enjoy fighting and to deny them fighting each other would be like chaining up a dog and cat all day and never letting them run or hunt. Now that would be cruel! /s
    Just because you don't like the comparison, doesn't make it invalid.

Quote Originally Posted by Pvt Hudson View Post
    Does not look as bad as i thought it would be.

Hopefully it will be a lot better than the Garfield movies..
    The hunter hoe with the least beloe.

Meh, seems like a mess, but I guess it looks good enough for a legal download sometimes after those are enabled. And god damn, that male lead is distractingly ugly. I guess you get used to it after a while though...

Quote Originally Posted by s_bushido View Post
    I can't hear anything but Ryan Reynolds doing is best...Ryan Reynolds. It's so damned distracting.
    Yeah, they really should've gotten someone else. Dunno why they keep using famous actors for VA.
    "Quack, quack, Mr. Bond."