View Poll Results: 10 days left, what'll it be?

Voters
92. This poll is closed
  • Hard Brexit (crash out)

45 48.91%
  • No Brexit (Remain by revoking A50)

24 26.09%
  • Withdrawal Agreement (after a new session is called)

0 0%
  • Extension + Withdrawal Agreement

3 3.26%
  • Extension + Crashout

9 9.78%
  • Extension + Remain

11 11.96%
    Quote Originally Posted by Slant View Post
    Hey now, the game's not over, yet. The EU may have shot a zinger at the goal, but Parliament is still there to clear it for the corner... don't worry, this will go into OT.
    I'm not worried ;-) Hope you're not too.
    "The opposite of love is not hate, it's indifference. The opposite of art is not ugliness, it's indifference. The opposite of faith is not heresy, it's indifference. And the opposite of life is not death, it's indifference."

Elie Wiesel (1928 – 2016)

I am Murloc!
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nigel Tufnel View Post
    Have you got a source for that?

That's incredible....

Wtf is May doing?
    https://twitter.com/christopherhope/...01864494845952

ok, cabinet will never comment on that, so take it with a grain of salt.

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    What can she do? There is no other deal to be negotiated. It's this or no deal. Or stay, she actually dared to utter it for the first time. Because really there is no reason to agree with this deal instead of just staying.
    Basically this. Time is rapidly running out it is to the point May needs to throw something out there concrete to vote on win or lose they had to put some plan out there and this is probably about as good as it gets. The likely result if this by some magic passes is britain winds up in an unofficial norway model basically forever.

That's incredible....

Wtf is May doing?
    Did you expect a vastly different outcome?
    You had the choice between a very limited deal that excluded financial services, or a comprehensive one that would keep you in the ECJ's grasp, make it impossible to negotiate trade deals and cost more than what you have right now if you want to opt in institutions.
    Norway has a shitty deal and it doesn't contribute to half of the institutions.
    I'm not sure why you are surprised.

That's incredible....

Wtf is May doing?
    It was on BBC news 24 about 1 minute before I posted it. I'll look for it written.

10+ Year Old Account
    Here lies David St. Hubbins, and why not?
    Quote Originally Posted by Demolitia View Post
    Did you expect a vastly different outcome?
    You had the choice between a very limited deal that excluded financial services, or a comprehensive one that would keep you in the ECJ's grasp, make it impossible to negotiate trade deals and cost more than what you have right now if you want to opt in institutions.
    Norway has a shitty deal and it doesn't contribute to half of the institutions.
    I'm not sure why you are surprised.
    Que?

I meant - it's incredible that there was no vote in cabinet. I was responding to Kallisto.
    You can't really dust for vomit.

Hmmms...

I'm finding it hard to draw anything from the 585 page document.

And the critical bullet point in the 7 page summary basically says, we're going to leave without a plan to solve an insoluble problem.

So much unadulterated joy to be had here.
    What other option was there?

If you think about it the whole problem with the Brexit negotiation wasn't policy details but it was the whole ''what is Brexit''. Technically the UK government brought themselves a way out by having more time when the next government gets elected because no way will May survive a new election.

10+ Year Old Account
    Here lies David St. Hubbins, and why not?
    Quote Originally Posted by Maklor View Post
    She's doing her best.
    I do wish people would stop quoting me out of context...

I was referring very specifically to there being no vote in Cabinet this evening.

https://twitter.com/alexwickham/stat...05994261172225

Esther McVey "shouted down"

Maybot is clearly going the way of HAL 9000.
    You can't really dust for vomit.

5..4..3..2..1 Mass walk outs/resignations any time now.

I do wish people would stop quoting me out of context...

I was referring very specifically to there being no vote in Cabinet this evening.

https://twitter.com/alexwickham/stat...05994261172225

Esther McVey "shouted down"

Maybot is clearly going the way of HAL 9000.
    What would be the point of the cabinet voting tonight? There is limited time and it still needs to pass through Parliament (which at present seems unlikely).

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    What can she do? There is no other deal to be negotiated. It's this or no deal. Or stay, she actually dared to utter it for the first time. Because really there is no reason to agree with this deal instead of just staying.
    There was never going to be a deal right from the get go, and those that voted leave (at least the ones I know personally) never expected a deal either, they just wanted to leave.

Que?

I meant - it's incredible that there was no vote in cabinet. I was responding to Kallisto.
    https://twitter.com/bbclaurak/status...14116635705344

found this

Deleted
    The UK’s status as a non-voting member of EU in transition can be extended beyond 31 Dec 2020 to “31 December 20XX”

lmao.

damn i guess we will be leaving in 2100.

Quote Originally Posted by ctd123 View Post
    The UK’s status as a non-voting member of EU in transition can be extended beyond 31 Dec 2020 to “31 December 20XX”

lmao.

damn i guess we will be leaving in 2100.
    1st January 2071, it'll be the 50 years Reese-Mogg talked about.

this is truly the mother of all shite deals.

do you want to remain in eu? this deal sucks for you.
    do you want to leave the eu? this deal sucks for you.

basically, we lose any presence on any judiciary but the ECJ governs eu laws which will effects us directly, so we've lost our vote and gained nothing.

confirmed leaving eu on january 1st 2100? : )

as a leave voter, this should cause the tory party to implode. there is no way they are happy with this deal, i simply cannot see it passing through HoC.

Yo, Dribs. Tick, tock. You'll hear that for a long, long fucking time, it seems. I swear, if this sticks, I'll put that in my signature just for you.
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!
    PSA: Being a volunteer is no excuse to make a shite job of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Slant View Post
    People with bad characters usually sleep rather well, unfortunately. And yes, I had to delete the word assholes and replace it. Because that would be mean.
    People with bad assholes?

Quote Originally Posted by Floopa View Post
    this is truly the mother of all shite deals.

do you want to remain in eu? this deal sucks for you.
    do you want to leave the eu? this deal sucks for you.

basically, we lose any presence on any judiciary but the ECJ governs eu laws which will effects us directly, so we've lost our vote and gained nothing.

confirmed leaving eu on january 1st 2100? : )

as a leave voter, this should cause the tory party to implode. there is no way they are happy with this deal, i simply cannot see it passing through HoC.
    Welcome to what pretty much everyone said would happen is the leave vote won. It's not as if there wasn't ample warning of the complete incompetence and inability of leavers to deliver.

Quote Originally Posted by Dhrizzle View Post
    People with bad assholes?
    Um, yes. Exactly that. :P
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!
    PSA: Being a volunteer is no excuse to make a shite job of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Welcome to what pretty much everyone said would happen is the leave vote won. It's not as if there wasn't ample warning of the complete incompetence and inability of leavers to deliver.
    not at all, it is very possible to exit the eu fully, cleanly, if that is what the government wanted.

no deal is disastrous for the economy, but it would be the brexit people voted for. no-one voted for this abomination, on either side of the fence.