Quote Originally Posted by jackofwind View Post
    Aren't there supposed to be elite trainers in the end-game though that are intended to be very challenging?

TBH the only thing that ever made trainers/gym leaders hard in the other Gens was being underleveled. The games were never truly hard because you could always overlevel, and playing normally actually tended to overlevel you anyways.
    Pokemon was always a game aimed at children, with high depth for adults to enjoy as well. Difficulty was never it's thing unless you specifically went out of your way to make it more difficult.

Which begs the question, why make it any easier? Trying to attract Go Grandma's to the game or something? IDK.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Video Games View Post
    Maybe, but why cant the whole game be challening? I never like when a game series takes away player choice.
    Well I would just argue that the games have never actually been intended to be challenging. You could do stuff like Nuzlocke to make artificial difficulty for yourself, but the games themselves were actually all quite easy.

I do agree that the lack of choice sucks, but I understand that Let's Go is specifically aimed at children and is intended to be an especially easy title in an already easy series of games.

It's like the last (secret) boss in Octopath. It's doable with a team of level 60s but it's absolutely savage. The game could have capped the level at 60 knowing that and made that difficulty mandatory, but that would have probably upset a lot of people who like to mix and match weird offbeat Job/Skill combinations.

The fact that you can over-level that last boss doesn't make the boss/game any less awesome, but it does mean that you can make it a hell of a lot easier - to the point of totally trivializing it if you level to 80+. Now, if the game didn't let you fight that boss until you were over-leveled it would take a lot of the fun out of it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    Pokemon was always a game aimed at children, with high depth for adults to enjoy as well. Difficulty was never it's thing unless you specifically went out of your way to make it more difficult.

Which begs the question, why make it any easier? Trying to attract Go Grandma's to the game or something? IDK.
    For sure, I do agree. I remember reading somewhere that this was specifically aimed at kids in the 6-8 range (ie: fun to play through but kind of impossible to lose.)
    Last edited by jackofwind; 2018-11-15 at 12:18 AM.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Because fuck you, that's why.

There are plenty of challening gyms and team leaders in every gen. AND you can make it harder by being lower level and/or using subpars. Now you cant even be underleveled. This is straight up poop.
    Bring a level 45.
    Don't use it.
    Profit?

Even harder when you can't use all 6 Pokemon no?

15+ Year Old Account
    Well I would just argue that the games have never actually been intended to be challenging. You could do stuff like Nuzlocke to make artificial difficulty for yourself, but the games themselves were actually all quite easy.

I do agree that the lack of choice sucks, but I understand that Let's Go is specifically aimed at children and is intended to be an especially easy title in an already easy series of games.

It's like the last (secret) boss in Octopath. It's doable with a team of level 60s but it's absolutely savage. The game could have capped the level at 60 knowing that and made that difficulty mandatory, but that would have probably upset a lot of people who like to mix and match weird offbeat Job/Skill combinations.

The fact that you can over-level that last boss doesn't make the boss/game any less awesome, but it does mean that you can make it a hell of a lot easier - to the point of totally trivializing it if you level to 80+. Now, if the game didn't let you fight that boss until you were over-leveled it would take a lot of the fun out of it.

- - - Updated - - -

For sure, I do agree. I remember reading somewhere that this was specifically aimed at kids in the 6-8 range (ie: fun to play through but kind of impossible to lose.)
    They said its aimed at adults who havent played in 20 years, just like go. And gen 4 and 5 are more challenging than people give them credit for, especially underleveled

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    Bring a level 45.
    Don't use it.
    Profit?

Even harder when you can't use all 6 Pokemon no?
    Then why put in the resitrction if its that easily worked around? Also doesnt change alakazam only have 2 moves. Or they can be game devs and put in difficuly modes. Their refusal to admit some of us arent stoop is stoop itself. Oh and trust i dont know who im gonna use excwpt pidgeot since flying on one has been dream since 9
    Last edited by Video Games; 2018-11-15 at 12:36 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    And gen 4 and 5 are more challenging than people give them credit for, especially underleveled
    I just don't really think this is a valid way to measure the difficulty of any game. It's like saying Chrono Trigger is a super hard game just because you can access the whole final boss battle from the bucket portal early on even though that's not at all the intended way to beat the game.

The other side of things is true as well - for example in Castlevania - SotN you can completely ignore one of the major plot moments at the start of the game where all your end-game items are taken away by Death by easily damage boosting through the room where the event takes place. This gives you the most powerful equipment right off the bat, grants access to parts of the castle right off the bat, and makes it unnecessary to even go to certain locations because you already have the items from those places. In short it completely trivializes the rest of the game.

By that metric one could say that SotN is extremely easy, since you can just easily Death Skip, (it was discovered the very first day of the game's release), and just fly through the game. That, however, is not how the game was meant to be played and certainly doesn't represent its intended difficulty. It's not fair to say Pokemon games are challenging if you deliberately under-level, because you're really not intended to play them that way. A Nuzlocke run isn't representative of the true difficulty of a given Pokemon game, just the difficulty of that Nuzlocke run.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Because fuck you, that's why.

10+ Year Old Account
    Then why put in the resitrction if its that easily worked around?
    Because some people have trouble tying their own shoes, but seem to have their full capacity to whine when they don't steamroll everything.

15+ Year Old Account
    I just don't really think this is a valid way to measure the difficulty of any game. It's like saying Chrono Trigger is a super hard game just because you can access the whole final boss battle from the bucket portal early on even though that's not at all the intended way to beat the game.

The other side of things is true as well - for example in Castlevania - SotN you can completely ignore one of the major plot moments at the start of the game where all your end-game items are taken away by Death by easily damage boosting through the room where the event takes place. This gives you the most powerful equipment right off the bat, grants access to parts of the castle right off the bat, and makes it unnecessary to even go to certain locations because you already have the items from those places. In short it completely trivializes the rest of the game.

By that metric one could say that SotN is extremely easy, since you can just easily Death Skip, (it was discovered the very first day of the game's release), and just fly through the game. That, however, is not how the game was meant to be played and certainly doesn't represent its intended difficulty. It's not fair to say Pokemon games are challenging if you deliberately under-level, because you're really not intended to play them that way. A Nuzlocke run isn't representative of the true difficulty of a given Pokemon game, just the difficulty of that Nuzlocke run.
    Even even leveled, gen 4 and 5 arent pushovers in a lot of fights. Ive never nuzlocked, but i like the choice being there.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Belize View Post
    Because some people have trouble tying their own shoes, but seem to have their full capacity to whine when they don't steamroll everything.
    I mean sure, but i dont think ive really met a pokemon fan that was like that. Also my pokeguys shipped if you wanna check yours.
    Last edited by Video Games; 2018-11-15 at 01:32 AM.

http://www.nintendolife.com/news/201...fans_of_choice

For some reason, physical Let's Go Eevee version is much harder to find in Russia.

- - - Updated - - -

https://gematsu.com/2018/11/travis-s...es-season-pass

No More Heroes: Travis Strikes Back will be getting a physical release in North America and Europe and has a Season Pass which will include a new character, adventure scenario, and stage.

- - - Updated - - -

https://gonintendo.com/stories/32267...ment-teases-br

Reggie had a couple of interviews with Mashable and The Verge. Go Nintendo did a summary. Here are the most important points:

Reggie is maining Ridley in Smash Ultimate.

Nintendo is confident in their Holiday Switch sales.

Super Mario Party "quite significantly" exceeded sales expectations.

Nintendo has an internal launch window for Metroid Prime 4.

Pre-sales trends for Smash Ultimate and Pokemon Let's Go Eevee/Pikachu are the best they've seen on the Switch.

Nintendo has made sure hardware/games/accessory stock was good through the holidays.

“(There are) brand new surprises that that we haven’t yet shared. What we want to do is surprise and delight our fans in ways that they didn’t even think of.”

10+ Year Old Account
    Well, I preordered pretty damn early and Amazon isn't shipping my Eevee until next year. Gonna keep the order unless I see one in store.

Hopefully its just an error.

I went ahead and preordered No More Heroes as well. Always up for more Travis Takedown, even in a weird mini-game deal.
    Tikki tikki tembo, Usagi no Yojimbo, chari bari ruchi pip peri pembo!

Quote Originally Posted by johnhoftb View Post
    “(There are) brand new surprises that that we haven’t yet shared. What we want to do is surprise and delight our fans in ways that they didn’t even think of.”
    Mmmm .. If Nintendo is releasing Luigi's Mansion 3 and Animal Crossing next Spring / Summer .. they must have something powerful planned for the 2nd half, besides Pokemon RPG which we know of. A Mario & Luigi RPG seems due eventually ...

Something we didn't even think of .. to delightus us .. heh .. hmmm...

Quote Originally Posted by Vineri View Post
    Mmmm .. If Nintendo is releasing Luigi's Mansion 3 and Animal Crossing next Spring / Summer .. they must have something powerful planned for the 2nd half, besides Pokemon RPG which we know of. A Mario & Luigi RPG seems due eventually ...

Something we didn't even think of .. to delightus us .. heh .. hmmm...
    AlphaDream is still working on 3DS projects as of right now and hasn't expanded for HD game development. Not gonna be a Mario&Luigi RPG on the Switch any time soon.

There are plenty of challening gyms and team leaders in every gen. AND you can make it harder by being lower level and/or using subpars. Now you cant even be underleveled. This is straight up poop.
    No there isn't plenty of challenging gyms or team leaders in all the gen's, gimping your self on purpose doesn't making them challenging it makes you bad or bored.

You adding on a self imposed challenge is the only way it becomes "challenging", The content itself isn't a challenge without you doing it.

- - - Updated - - -

Maybe, but why cant the whole game be challening? I never like when a game series takes away player choice.
    If your wanting the whole game to be challenging then Pokemon isn't and never has been the game for you.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Just seems like a bit of a waste not making a pokemon game that requires a bit of thought

So many people are fans of the anime from the 90s that are older now and would enjoy a non babysitting experience

Its a massive IP Nintendo consistently under utilize too its potential.

Quote Originally Posted by RobertoCarlos View Post
    So many people are fans of the anime from the 90s that are older now and would enjoy a non babysitting experience
    And so many are kids right now growing up with Pokemon.

This isn't the game for people whos been playing for 20+ years, its the game for a new generation of kids growing up. It being a soft reboot to the series is nice as well so people don't need to learn all 900 Pokemon.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    And so many are kids right now growing up with Pokemon.

This isn't the game for people whos been playing for 20+ years, its the game for a new generation of kids growing up. It being a soft reboot to the series is nice as well so people don't need to learn all 900 Pokemon.
    Well kids dont buy games, they moan at their parents enough till they buy them.

They could make a lot of money off the 90s generation if they got their head out of their ass

15+ Year Old Account
    No there isn't plenty of challenging gyms or team leaders in all the gen's, gimping your self on purpose doesn't making them challenging it makes you bad or bored.

You adding on a self imposed challenge is the only way it becomes "challenging", The content itself isn't a challenge without you doing it.

- - - Updated - - -

If your wanting the whole game to be challenging then Pokemon isn't and never has been the game for you.
    "Gimping yourself isnt challenging it makes you bad or bored"
    "Gimping yourself is the only way to get a challenge"

Do you ever read what you type?

Yep do you?

Once again no Pokemon game outside of Yellow due to having Pikachu going into Brocks Gym has been challenging. You gimping yourself for a self imposed challenge doesn't change that.

You can do the exact same thing in go.

you're asking the guy that said to never trust reviews after linking reviews.

Then if you state a fact like saying its not a bad time to be a black actor in hollywood atm he calls you a racist.

/chews gum

Well kids dont buy games, they moan at their parents enough till they buy them.

They could make a lot of money off the 90s generation if they got their head out of their ass
    Ummm kids do buy games and they already make a shit ton of money now.....

- - - Updated - - -

you're asking the guy that said to never trust reviews after linking reviews.

Then if you state a fact like saying its not a bad time to be a black actor in hollywood atm he calls you a racist.

/chews gum
    Don't want to be called racist then don't make a racist comment, Not hard to understand.

15+ Year Old Account
    Yep do you?

Once again no Pokemon game outside of Yellow due to having Pikachu going into Brocks Gym has been challenging. You gimping yourself for a self imposed challenge doesn't change that.

You can do the exact same thing in go.
    Yeah i read you contradicted yourself because you want to argue for no reason deaspite you not having a point because you clearly havent played every gen