Page 1 of 9
... LastLast

Study: Men with beards are more attractive

I've been doing the stubble thing for years now. I go over my face with my electric razor set at 1 and then let it grow out for a month before shaving it again. I gave up on the clean shaven look, it's too much work and you have stubble at the end of the day anyways, unless you shave more than once a day.

https://fox8.com/2018/11/14/study-me...re-attractive/

A new study shows men who have full beards are more attractive than men who are clean-shaven.

The study was published in the Journal of Evolutionary Biology.

Researched asked more than 8,500 women to rate men on their attractiveness as a long-term romantic partner, Yahoo News reported.

Here’s how the facial hair rated:

Heavy stubble (10 days)
    Full beards
    Light stubble
    Clean-shaven
    “Beards may be more attractive to women when considering long‐term than short‐term relationships as they indicate a male’s ability to successfully compete socially with other males for resources,” the study concluded.

Beards, the researchers said, are associated with a man’s age and masculine social dominance.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

10+ Year Old Account
    My girlfriend thinks otherwise, and so do most of the females I interact with. But I guess attractiveness is subjective, and probably stratifies by income, education, and local culture.

5+ Year Old Account
    beards are ugly...

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Huh. Then I'm lucky because my girlfriend really dislikes beards.

Also, the study says "Men who have full beards are seen as more attractive than men who have just a light stubble". It's not that bearded mens are regarded as more attractive than all the others - they are being compared with people with that light stubble. Then yes, the beard will usually be more attractive. Light stubble is not a beard, is not a clean face - it's nothing!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Natta Lmo View Post
    beards are ugly...
    I think most East Asians would agree with you. And, you can see it in the divergence of traits.

10+ Year Old Account
    Same study probably thinks bald men are sexy. Is it? Depends on the person. I don't know about women but as a man I know not all men are attracted to the same thing. What I like you may not, and what you like I may not. Better to be yourself and find someone who accepts you for what you are entirely. Besides, beards are itchy.

Unfortunately some men can't grow a beard. I'd suggest to them cutting off their pubes and pasting it on their chin.

Yeah I really have nothing else to contribute, this is really subjective, and I can grow a beard. Ironically it's no shave November at my job to support the fight against prostate cancer and I have a 2 week beard going that's already starting to bother me but I never thought it was special. In fact having to shave every week really irritates the skin and I can only get away with stubble so long at the bank, except in November of course.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Underverse View Post
    I think most East Asians would agree with you. And, you can see it in the divergence of traits.
    divergence of traits?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Natta Lmo View Post
    divergence of traits?
    Sexual selection to select for less hair in some populations.

10+ Year Old Account
    Totally confirm. I get a lot of compliments and advances based on my beard alone. Ladies, guys I pass biking past the bear bar, and now furries.

7+ Year Old Account
    Men with beards and women who like beards think beards are sexy. News at 11.

In a new study, men with beards are more attractive than those without.

More riveting work from the Grizzly Adams Institute of Science

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Draven mustache or bust I’d say.

10+ Year Old Account
    People find sexual characters of the opposite (or same) sex attractive. Weird. Wonder if people find boobs sexy?

/s

The way these articles are written, at least in the headlines and opening, makes it seems that you must have the topic characteristic to be deemed desirable...and then people wonder why society has so many weird hangups.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

Quote Originally Posted by Kyphael View Post
    Ironically it's no shave November at my job to support the fight against prostate cancer
    I just wonder what's the point and how does it correlate?

10+ Year Old Account
    Well, I've not had negative reactions to having a beard. Besides, it makes people smile.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

10+ Year Old Account
    Bottom side of the head must be clean shaven, top side should not..
    Sadly, a lot of young men seem to confuse the two and shave the top and let the bottom grow..

Beard ugly and so is a bald head!
    Fact (because I say so): TBC > Cata > Legion > ShaLa > MoP > DF > BfA > WoD = WotLK

My pet collection --> http://www.warcraftpets.com/collection/FuxieDK/

10+ Year Old Account
    What if you wore money as a beard? You'd be the most attractive.

Deleted
    This is one of the dumbest things I've read.