Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sigxy the Lemming View Post
    Yo gang!

I don't wanna be the kind of guy who wants to enhance the pruning we've faced, but let's face it:

Nobody wants to bring a Retribution paladin because they can do "Decent damage and stop doing damage to do healing" - especially not in random M+ groups! Raiding, sure, they can still be brought in but they're not very high on the priority list. People want to pick a class for their damage and their useful buffs (Reason you'd rather pick a warrior who can buff attack power and do a lot of damage. Ret's got 2 buffs that are absolutely trash). And even if I am specced for WoG, it's not really going to convince anyone.

And so, I actually wanna go to the idea of WotLK: Our BIG damage button, Divine Storm, healed allies for a % of the damage dealt. (I know we had healing spells back then too but that's beside the point!) Though add it to more abilities. Flash of Light is removed, but I guess we can keep Lay on Hands because it has such a huge cooldown. Instead, the healing we do relies on our damage.

Each ability's healing effect is for max 5 people (Picking the most injured targets, 20-30 yards as max).
    TV, BoJ and CS would heal for 20% of the damage dealt.
    DS, either option A: 5% and unlimited (5% because otherwise it's too useful in big pulls.) Or B: 20% too, but limited to the top 3 hits on that AoE.

The healing CANNOT be more than 5% of the ally's max health - in case you'd get a buff to increase the damage to an insane level.

This way if we want to keep ourselves alive - and our allies - we NEED to be on the offense. To me, -THAT- holds closer to our spec's name: Retribution. Not stop your assault to throw heals at people.

Downside of this, of course, is that we can't stay alive just as easily - but that should justify our damage to be buffed up.
    Not a fan of this idea. The main thing that keeps me on my pally is the fact that we can heal independently. If I wanted to only be able to heal when I'm beating on something, I'd go play a blood DK or a Warlock instead.

They have an ability that does this as a talent and it works great, it only costs 5 holy power and does double damage and healing if the target is stunned.
    Lead Game Designer

YouTube Channel

https://www.youtube.com/@Nateanderthal

Quote Originally Posted by Unholyground View Post
    They have an ability that does this as a talent and it works great, it only costs 5 holy power and does double damage and healing if the target is stunned.
    "Damage is increased by 50% when used against a stunned target." .. it got rekt in BfA, try again.

And it's shit, no ret pally with half a brain at least would pick that shit talent now.

Quote Originally Posted by Rhade1337 View Post
    "Damage is increased by 50% when used against a stunned target." .. it got rekt in BfA, try again.

And it's shit, no ret pally with half a brain at least would pick that shit talent now.
    It is still ok, better than using a healing ability that gives 0 damage throughput.
    Lead Game Designer

YouTube Channel

https://www.youtube.com/@Nateanderthal

Quote Originally Posted by Unholyground View Post
    It is still ok, better than using a healing ability that gives 0 damage throughput.
    No no it's rly bad, by the time you make 5 hp for it, you are already dead :d