Page 17 of 28 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    Correct, talanji does not find out about the deal her father and bwomsombi made until his death in the raid.
    Man, I wonder if we have to ban Talanji from the empire because I see she is now represented by a Shadow Loa and we can't have that in our Holy empire. :T

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Beerbill Society View Post
    I think that would be the Draenei (Eredar).

Trolls were only the oldest in Azeroth.

Now about the lock thing, yeah it does make sense, just like Draenei lock make sense as well, yet for some "lore" reason that sect that is part of the Alliance (or Horde) does not endorse messing with demonic arts.
    Yes, as a matter of fact that works for the Draenei because you never see any Draenei NPCs connected to the Exodar faction who actively use the Demonic arts. Now for the Zandalari they do and there isn't a single thing in lore that says they are forbidden to do so. Blood magic is absolutely forbidden, but Shadow, Fel? Not so much.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by foofoocuddlypoopz View Post
    Aren't trolls the oldest living race in wow and they should they're fucking ancient. Warlocks also make more sense than monks...
    Zandalari have probably been Warlocks before even the Orcs. They are ancient and have been through everything in Azeroth, they also value knowledge a lot. To think they wouldn't dabble in every manner of school is to lie to ourselves.

@Zanarika
    I mean there are shrines for Bwonsamdi in the City, I'm pretty sure Bwonsamdi is a respected Loa in Dazar'alor.

On topic: Are we trying to reach the devs on Twitter regarding Zandalari warlocks ? I feel like our voices are dropping on deaf ears on these forums.
    Edit Signature.

Why do we see undead paladins
    pandaren dk
    night elven paladin

just cause a few exist does not mean enough for a class.
    you also have to remember
    1. class to race ratio balance
    2. the zandalari may not allow warlocks, while the old zandalari did.
    They shitted on that when they announced void elves.

With that said, they probably don't want to let a race have all the non-hero classes, for whatever reason.
    Last edited by Walross; 2018-11-14 at 05:13 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Inci View Post
    I mean there are shrines for Bwonsamdi in the City, I'm pretty sure Bwonsamdi is a respected Loa in Dazar'alor.

On topic: Are we trying to reach the devs on Twitter regarding Zandalari warlocks ? I feel like our voices are dropping on deaf ears on these forums.
    Lets be fair Inci, you will likely have more success on the actual Blizzard forums where actual Blizzard employees have a substantially higher chance of seeing it. I did point that out previously in one of the other threads, however, I was handwaved away as a hater.
    Last edited by Seranthor; 2018-11-14 at 05:20 PM.

--- Want any of my Constitutional rights?, ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    I come from a time and a place where I judge people by the content of their character; I don't give a damn if you are tall or short; gay or straight; Jew or Gentile; White, Black, Brown or Green; Conservative or Liberal. -- Note to mods: if you are going to infract me have the decency to post the reason, and expect to hold everyone else to the same standard.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Inci View Post
    @Zanarika

Indeed, that's why I was saying, there's a lot of people who seem to think that Zandalari society is 100% holy based and denies any presence of Shadow and its' practice when Bwonsamdi is such a big Loa. There's many Loa who don't even have their own shrines, such as Hir'eek, Har'koa and Sethraliss, who are are considered "lesser loa" in Zuldazar., but that definitely isn't the case of Bwonsamdi.

Also yes, I have been following some threads in the official forums and on Twitter I keep seeing quite the number of people trying to reach the devs with no responses so far. On the official forums I can only participate in EU because that's my region but I know the US forums also have a Zandalari Warlock Megathread ongoing! I highly suggest more people participate!

Europe thread

North America thread
    Last edited by mmocd3e6616559; 2018-11-14 at 05:45 PM.

Reforged Gone Wrong The Stormbringer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by Zanarika View Post
    Man, I wonder if we have to ban Talanji from the empire because I see she is now represented by a Shadow Loa and we can't have that in our Holy empire. :T

- - - Updated - - -

Yes, as a matter of fact that works for the Draenei because you never see any Draenei NPCs connected to the Exodar faction who actively use the Demonic arts. Now for the Zandalari they do and there isn't a single thing in lore that says they are forbidden to do so. Blood magic is absolutely forbidden, but Shadow, Fel? Not so much.

- - - Updated - - -

Zandalari have probably been Warlocks before even the Orcs. They are ancient and have been through everything in Azeroth, they also value knowledge a lot. To think they wouldn't dabble in every manner of school is to lie to ourselves.
    We do see a Draenei Rogue, though. Mishka is an NPC from MoP, she was a leather-wearing, dagger-wielding, energy-using, stealth-capable character. RIP Draenei Rogues...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by The Stormbringer View Post
    We do see a Draenei Rogue, though. Mishka is an NPC from MoP, she was a leather-wearing, dagger-wielding, energy-using, stealth-capable character. RIP Draenei Rogues...
    At this point I still don't understand why that's not a thing either.

At this point I still don't understand why that's not a thing either.
    They haven't invented leaf-boots for hooves yet. But the Rangari invented mushroom-boots for their hooves so that's why they're allowed to be sneaky draenei. :')

- - - Updated - - -

Indeed, that's why I was saying, there's a lot of people who seem to think that Zandalari society is 100% holy based and denies any presence of Shadow and its' practice when Bwonsamdi is such a big Loa. There's many Loa who don't even have their own shrines, such as Hir'eek, Har'koa and Sethraliss, who are are considered "lesser loa" in Zuldazar., but that definitely isn't the case of Bwonsamdi.

Also yes, I have been following some threads in the official forums and on Twitter I keep seeing quite the number of people trying to reach the devs with no responses so far. On the official forums I can only participate in EU because that's my region but I know the US forums also have a Zandalari Warlock Megathread ongoing! I highly suggest more people participate!

Europe thread

North America thread
    I tweeted this because I at least want to put in some more effort into all of this. After all, I do want a Zandalari warlock myself.

https://twitter.com/Matt_TQ/status/1062768417307013120

'tis sad how limited Twitter is for discussions though (stupid 140 character limit reee), with it being the only platform where you can directly mention some developers.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by War-God Matt View Post
    They haven't invented leaf-boots for hooves yet. But the Rangari invented mushroom-boots for their hooves so that's why they're allowed to be sneaky draenei. :')

- - - Updated - - -

I tweeted this because I at least want to put in some more effort into all of this. After all, I do want a Zandalari warlock myself.

https://twitter.com/Matt_TQ/status/1062768417307013120

'tis sad how limited Twitter is for discussions though (stupid 140 character limit reee), with it being the only platform where you can directly mention some developers.
    My Draenei could use some mushroom shoes too...it gets hard staying at inns and waking everyone at night when you need to go to the toilet...

But God yeah, I've tagged devs in around 3 tweets but it's hard to really send your point across with such a word limit. I really wish there was another platform we could use to address them more directly that did not have so many limitations, but I suppose that's better than nothing!

My Draenei could use some mushroom shoes too...it gets hard staying at inns and waking everyone at night when you need to go to the toilet...

But God yeah, I've tagged devs in around 3 tweets but it's hard to really send your point across with such a word limit. I really wish there was another platform we could use to address them more directly that did not have so many limitations, but I suppose that's better than nothing!
    Lmao

Yeah, ah well, I bet it's all part of a ploy from Blizz to try and avoid as much lore feedback and related thing as much as possible. . .. . . why else would all the lore-related devs stay away from Twitter or delete their accounts... (aside from idiots spamming them, fuck those people but yeah)

On that note, let's shed a tear for our forgotten dinomancer brothers and sisters, only 2 dinomancer npcs made it into BfA, even though they were in a loading screen tip back in MoP. :'(
    fkin Raptari and Paku'ai took over, reee

7+ Year Old Account

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

She is the queen, and that shadow loa is what got the empire back, does not mean her people willbe happy about it, specially since it does not seem they know, since she didnt know.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Jailson Mendes View Post
    monks do not exist in troll society generally, not just hearhtsone, the only thing close to a monk troll was vol'jin who learn one thing or 2 with the pandaren

warlock however do exist, like i said, this is just an exemple
    you are using hearthstone as an example, saying "see warlock, but where is the monk" there is a warlock cause there has to be, or else that would be unfair for hearthstone
    there is no monk cause there is no monk class in hearthstone
    and again hearthstone is non canon
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

Deleted
    She is the queen, and that shadow loa is what got the empire back, does not mean her people willbe happy about it, specially since it does not seem they know, since she didnt know.
    I know that, I was just being sarcastic!

you are using hearthstone as an example, saying "see warlock, but where is the monk" there is a warlock cause there has to be, or else that would be unfair for hearthstone
    there is no monk cause there is no monk class in hearthstone
    and again hearthstone is non canon

like i said, try to find the troll monk in warcraft lore, while we have plenty of examples of trolls warlock

I don't see why people are so upset about/against Zandalari monks, they don't have to be taught by pandaren to know martial arts and how to harness your spirit. The draenei have Jed'hin, which is a martial art invented by a fan and introduced into canon, which is dope. Why can't Zandalari have something similar. Sure, no one has written an extensive guide and drawn concept art of a Zandalari-styled martial art that can be adopted into canon, but that doesn't matter, all you have to do is think logically. Something a lot of people seem incapable of as of late for some reason.

On top of that, Chi is just the pandaren word for the sixth element, "Spirit" or the spirit of oneself, the Zandalari mastered the control of spirits around them long before the pandaren had monks. As such, it is very likely that they also achieved mastery of their own spirit as well, through meditation to reach the loa and become more in tune with the world around them. The Zandalari mastered the five other elements, why not the sixth (Spirit), makes no sense that they wouldn't have when they already were so extensively spiritual.

So I really don't see the issue, people argue that blood elf, tauren, Zandalari paladins and etc don't have to worship the Light, which is right, they don't. Why can't the same be said about monks and different races having their own cultural version? People are weird.

Being a monk in WoW is being a spiritual person and harnessing that spiritualism into power. You won't find a race more spiritual than trolls, no, not even pandaren. Trolls have been extremely spiritual ever since the beginning, and they stay just as strong and spiritual over 16k years later.

(yes I know this is a warlock thread but I've seen a bunch of monk hate here ok carry on)
    Last edited by goof; 2018-11-15 at 03:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by War-God Matt View Post
    The draenei have Jed'hin, which is a martial art invented by a fan and introduced into canon, which is dope.
    And yet Lightforged Draenei cannot be monks, which is completely stupid, because if their martial art tradition comes from Argus, then both types of Draenei should have it.

We could justify Mag'har monks as "blademasters" since wow has no blademaster class.

Nightborne and Highmountain Tauren got pandaren trainers planted there in the 7.3.5 patch or so, guess they can learn how2monk in 5 minutes then they're good to go.

Why Void Elves have monks, no idea. If the justification was "but they already were a monk before they undergone a void transformation" then we should also have Void Elf DKs.

Also another question is why Nightborne can learn how to be monks instantenously, but Goblins / Worgens cannot.

Quote Originally Posted by Marrilaife View Post
    And yet Lightforged Draenei cannot be monks, which is completely stupid, because if their martial art tradition comes from Argus, then both types of Draenei should have it.

We could justify Mag'har monks as "blademasters" since wow has no blademaster class.

Nightborne and Highmountain Tauren got pandaren trainers planted there in the 7.3.5 patch or so, guess they can learn how2monk in 5 minutes then they're good to go.

Why Void Elves have monks, no idea. If the justification was "but they already were a monk before they undergone a void transformation" then we should also have Void Elf DKs.

Also another question is why Nightborne can learn how to be monks instantenously, but Goblins / Worgens cannot.
    The reason they don't want void elf DK's is why they also did no allied races for DK or DH.

They use lore as a front, but really the reason is they can't be bothered to design new putrid/decaying faces and undead neon color haistyles or the DK extra skin options for allied races, and it gets even worse for DH since they don't want to port over tattoos or demonic skins, much less metamorphosis colors to new allied races that are still elves (void elves and nightborne are obvious candidates).

Blizzard is a multimillion company that is really fucking stingy with new art assets. It took them 10 years to update moonkin form to basically just extra polygons and worgen/goblin which were released in Cataclysm had to wait till 3.5 expansions later for a basic polygon upgrade.

They even abandoned warlock spell/animation updates despite more than half an expansion worth of wait.

They probably got rid of one spec on Zandalari because they already can be a lot of different classes.
    Never underestimate the unknown, or some shit. *shrugs i unno*

Quote Originally Posted by Deldramar View Post
    I think it's more likely this than any lore reason. They felt the selection was too large in comparison to other races so they dialed it back.
    Which is a pretty stupid rationale, and exposes the main problem with the allied races compared to newly released races like worgen/goblin or pandaren.

10+ Year Old Account
    What would you define as "the main problem"?

I'd argue the issue lies in the fact that there's little lore supporting most class restrictions these days and they should just be eliminated in all but the most extreme cases.
    I think we're not quite there yet.

I'm sure they are saving this up for the future as a bait in a time of need.

I think it's more likely this than any lore reason. They felt the selection was too large in comparison to other races so they dialed it back.
    Yeah but the fact they can't be hero classes already puts them in line with some other races that can. For example Darkspears only cannot be paladin and dh. Blood Elfs only cannot be shaman and druid.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucrece View Post
    Blizzard is a multimillion company that is really fucking stingy with new art assets. It took them 10 years to update moonkin form to basically just extra polygons and worgen/goblin which were released in Cataclysm had to wait till 3.5 expansions later for a basic polygon upgrade.

They even abandoned warlock spell/animation updates despite more than half an expansion worth of wait.
    Restricting DKs / DHs / Druids has some point if they want to save time on making extra assets, now restricting lightforged monks and zandalari warlocks makes zero sense, as these classes don't require any unique assets. Gnome hunters didn't "cost us a raid tier" for example...