Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Reddit rumor: PS5 launch 2020; announce mid-2019; 4k/60fps "monster"

This is from the same person who went on the Playstation subreddit yesterday and leaked that Sony wasn't going to E3 next year.

https://www.reddit.com/r/PS4/comment...p68/?context=1

PS experience returning, Most devs already have dev kits for ps5 ( Spoiler: It’s a monster), Sony prepping hard for ps5 and one of the reason for no e3 next year because they blew all their load this year and got nothing new to show next year (They want to show new stuff at psx)
    Small reveal mid 2019, Big one at psx, Plans might change though
    Remember the very first ps4 reveal ? Something like that but hey then again Plans might change
    They are almost at 100 million, It already ascendant immortality in Sony’s eyes
    4K/60 stable and at the same time kinda monster
    Tlou 2, Death Stranding, That samurai game and off course the main event

KNACK III BABY jk
    Can’t say for sure about Ghost of Tsushima, Death Stranding is still in polishing stage, Sony doesn’t want to make them ps5 exclusives because they advertised them as ps4 games the first times but then again all 3 games has no official release (Publicly) thus no preorder soo the plans might change
    Mostly on both but obviously going to be made for the PS5, Most developers already has the dev kit for ps5 and from what I’ve heard EA is testing Anthem on it

Edit : Anthem is a mess on This gen Consoles, Going to get delayed again
    Nope only dev kits are out rn

Oh yes, another new gen release coming up and people claim "strong enough to do 60 fps!" yes well, every system since a very, very long time has been capable of running games at 60 fps.

It doesn't matter how much power you give developers, most AAA devs will find ways to use that to make their game look better at the expense of framerate. Graphics sell games, 60 fps doesn't(unless you did something really stupid like make a fighting game at 30 fps).

Just like every other gen the majority of 60 fps games will be the ones that need it for competitive consistency or just smaller project titles. The Rockstar's of the world will use the power so you see each individual hair on a horses testicle over using it for 60 fps.

The PS5 will be strong enough to run PS4 games at 4k/60 I have no doubt, but games made specifically just for it? Yea, good luck on that sunshine. Developers won't agree.

If i gave a shit about fps i'd be using a PC. Mention backwards compatibility and i'll get excited for it as something beyond 'ps4 pro 2'

4K/60fps in 2020 (ie. 1.5 - 2 years from now) is not a "monster", that should be baseline, anything below that would be very disappointing.
    And of course its only a matter of time until game graphics evolve again and the consoles start to age.

Quote Originally Posted by Nevcairiel View Post
    4K/60fps in 2020 (ie. 1.5 - 2 years from now) is not a "monster", that should be baseline, anything below that would be very disappointing.
    It is seeing how you need a hell of a PC rig to do it even now.

A $400 console coming out doing it is a beast.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    It is seeing how you need a hell of a PC rig to do it even now.

A $400 console coming out doing it is a beast.
    In 2 years? Not really. GPU tech is about to make another jump in 2019 with 7nm coming out.
    Also remember that consoles are strongly subsidized and usually sold under-value, and they make the money back from game sales.

And of course its only a matter of time until game graphics evolve again and the consoles start to age.
    Yea like the ancient ass PS4 on the market which has some of the best looking games period on it's ancient hardware and no where else.

Only a matter of time indeed.

Talent matters more then horsepower. Sony has talent, most other companies are playing catch up to them in that regard. Only a few like Rockstar, CDPR are even in sniffing distance.

15+ Year Old Account
    lol if anthem is delayed again

15+ Year Old Account
    4k/60fps is not something you can achieve on a 500 dollar console machine in 2020. Get real.

That price tag doesn't even get you the graphics card capable of doing it, not to mention any of the other parts for the setup.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i was talking about horse cock again, told him to look at your sig.

Doubt it. Most games can barely run at 1080P 60k on PS4 now.

Modern Bioware wont be able to pull off another good game so RIP in advance. Blizzard is going the same way.

But I just recently bought a PS4 Pro to replace my PS4!

In 2 years? Not really. GPU tech is about to make another jump in 2019 with 7nm coming out.
    Also remember that consoles are strongly subsidized and usually sold under-value, and they make the money back from game sales.
    You are ignoring the cost of those GPU's vs the Console. Also very early'er within the PS4's life it sold at a profit, There is no chance the PS5 will sell at a loss for long if at all.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Daedius View Post
    But I just recently bought a PS4 Pro to replace my PS4!
    And? Use it and in 2 years trade it in for a PS5.

Next gen consoles have been a very actual topic now in the gaming community and it was a given they are going to come out in the next 2-3 years.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Puupi View Post
    4k/60fps is not something you can achieve on a 500 dollar console machine in 2020. Get real.
    Native 4K/60FPS is something both the Pro/X already do.
    Last edited by Jtbrig7390; 2018-11-16 at 12:25 AM.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.

Quote Originally Posted by Puupi View Post

That price tag doesn't even get you the graphics card capable of doing it, not to mention any of the other parts for the setup.
    Maybe not for all games, but some it might be possible, it all depends on optimizations. Even the PS4 Slim can manage to do 1080p 60fps on select 3A titles. 4k 60fps is about 4x the pixel count, so around 4x the graphic power of the slim, or 2x of the pro would do. Given that the ps4 pro released 2 years ago and for $400, it is very possible that they can manage to double the power of it in 2020 for $500.

Quote Originally Posted by coblade14 View Post
    Maybe not for all games, but some it might be possible, it all depends on optimizations. Even the PS4 Slim can manage to do 1080p 60fps on select 3A titles. 4k 60fps is about 4x the pixel count, so around 4x the graphic power of the slim, or 2x of the pro would do. Given that the ps4 pro released 2 years ago and for $400, it is very possible that they can manage to double the power of it in 2020 for $500.
    If the rumored CPU is true next gen systems will be using Ryzen.

That is a MASSIVE CPU jump from what current systems have now and the X has the GPU power nearly equaling a 1070. Its very safe to say the GPU power in a PS5 will be that of a XboxOne X or higher and with such a massive CPU boost performance will improve.

Now it all depends what developers want to do. The current systems can do 1080p/60FPS if developers wanted it to but they chose graphic's over performance.

By the time ps5 will come out we will have gtx 3080 that will blow the shit out of it
    You think you do, but you don't ©
    Rogues are fine ©
    We're pretty happy with rogues ©
    Haste will fix it ©

4k/60fps lol, good one.

Quote Originally Posted by Hextor View Post
    4k/60fps lol, good one.
    If the rumored hardware is true then its very possable, Hell the Pro can already do Native 4K/60 and more recent games at 1440p/60.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Won't happen, console gamer's are too much of cheapskates to pay for current tech. Sony can't produce a console that can do 4K at 60 FPS constantly without taking massive financial losses on it, 4K gaming PC's push a couple grand.

10+ Year Old Account
    Haven't bought a console since 2010, but all these playstation exclusives have forced my interest, so I'll be keeping a look out for info on this.