7+ Year Old Account

Why can't you avoid an infinite amount of players?

You all know the feature..."Avoid this player". Why is there a cap on this and only for 7 days? Some people I meet in comp....they make my skin crawl. Like I don't wanna see them ever...ever...ever again.

So why...why the cap?

10+ Year Old Account
    Because that would open the doors for abusing their system. Regardless of how plausible/time consuming it might take, someone could technically avoid every player in the world aside from a select few and ultimately create a team of specific players without having to queue as a whole team. I'm sure they'll make amends to it though.
    Most likely the wisest Enhancement Shaman.

10+ Year Old Account
    Probably partially to avoid exploiting, and partially to avoid having to deal with tickets from people who have super long queues cos they've built up so many avoids that its challenging to find them games at their mmr level.

I'm fine with there being a finite list of people you can avoid, but I don't really like the time limit. At minimum, it should allow you to flag the worst people to never clear.

There are some changes they could make to improve the system but I understand the reasons behind why it is the way it is currently.

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

| twitch | bsky
    |

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tziva View Post
    Probably partially to avoid exploiting, and partially to avoid having to deal with tickets from people who have super long queues cos they've built up so many avoids that its challenging to find them games at their mmr level.

I'm fine with there being a finite list of people you can avoid, but I don't really like the time limit. At minimum, it should allow you to flag the worst people to never clear.

There are some changes they could make to improve the system but I understand the reasons behind why it is the way it is currently.
    Yes that would be great, being able to flag the worst retards. Losing rating cause of that 1% is making me furious.........

Because people would just avoid players who are better than them. We had that and it was a giant shitshow.

The other side is that if you avoid too many players then it snowballs into an infinite queue, because you eventually have no players left in the bracket to play with you if you're decently ranked

10+ Year Old Account
    Because people would, and then complain about long queue times.

Quote Originally Posted by Nyoken View Post
    Yes that would be great, being able to flag the worst retards. Losing rating cause of that 1% is making me furious.........
    Judging by this post, the problem is you.
    Cheerful lack of self-preservation

10+ Year Old Account
    Dumb question, meet the obvious answer: Because you eventually wouldn't be able to get into matches, and it would massively drive up queue times.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigbamboozal View Post
    Intelligence is like four wheel drive, it's not going to make you unstoppable, it just sort of tends to get you stuck in more remote places.
    Quote Originally Posted by MerinPally View Post
    If you want to be disgusted, next time you kiss someone remember you've got your mouth on the end of a tube which has shit at the other end, held back by a couple of valves.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nyoken View Post
    You all know the feature..."Avoid this player". Why is there a cap on this and only for 7 days? Some people I meet in comp....they make my skin crawl. Like I don't wanna see them ever...ever...ever again.

So why...why the cap?
    Because then you'd get nardo's who hit "avoid this player" on everyone who didn't meet their kingly standards and then complain about how it always takes them 20 minutes to find a game

Deleted
    Its mostly a problem for high level player, when you have only 20-30 player queing in Grand master in the night for exemple, you could ban everyone to get lower level queue

OR

You could ban your friend so they go on the other team and then you troll your game to make then win (wintrading) witch already exist but that would be way to easy to do if you could ban every player you want.