Page 8 of 25 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Sco is just too busy with molesting teenage boys.

10+ Year Old Account
    They did it first. That means they get world first. Guilds that killed mythic KJ never did it again because he was just that hard. Why should guilds stress out trying to kill a boss they've already killed for some arbitrary title?

Quote Originally Posted by NtflxnChill View Post
    Drops azerite items and multiple weapons.
    Method are in gearing alts in prep for Battle of Zuldazar mode.

Azerite pieces (BiS too) are easy as hell to get from M+10 chests, which every member of method is opening on each of their alts every week.

Weapons drop from other bosses in the raid.

Killing Ghuun mythic requires a specific comp to do the orbs correctly. Their alts don't represent that comp. Re-progressing the boss for a chance at stuff they passively get otherwise is pointless.

G'huun, bringer of pustules and pestilence and true old god madness in the form of LOOT NO ONE WANTS for maximum effort.

Quote Originally Posted by NtflxnChill View Post
    Drops azerite items and multiple weapons.
    Other bosses drop that as well and don't take anywhere near as much effort. I assume they're lot easier on a split run to.
    Violence Jack Respects Women!

Ghuun only drops bad stuff anyway. Most useless trinket in game. No higher itemlvl than other bosses. Better to gear your 6 alts for next raid with 7/8 runs and stomp limit in the ground again than to waste time on ghuun.

They all have good azerit pieces by now by doing weekly + 10 and playing pvp to 2.1k (or getting boosted to 2.1k in rbg for 385 azerit chance if lazy). You would be suprised how many people in top raid guilds (not only method playas) buy pvp boosts for the gear.
    Last edited by lonely zergling; 2018-11-15 at 11:10 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Galaar View Post
    Which will be very limited usefulness in the next tier as azerite rings are changing. Also, outside of the raid the origination array buff is pointless. It won't help in next tier. With 8.1 they will have the ability to specifically target azerite gear at 385 that can easily be as good as what G'huun will drop. Effort is not worth the reward.
    That's like saying "why bother raiding until the last tier of the expansion". The gear is relevant, the gear is current, and the gear is still an upgrade for several months until a new tier comes out. Also no, the "targeting" azerite will not start until the raid releases, not with the release of 8.1
    Quote Originally Posted by scarecrowz View Post
    Trust me.

Zyky is better than you.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ramayana1423 View Post
    I'm only 5/8 Mythic and there isn't a single item I would use from G'huun outside of a titanforge, and I'm pretty sure mythic gear can't titanforge, so yea.
    Comments like this are an example on why the loot system this expansion is garbage.

A lot of people who haven't even pulled mythic ghuun don't even need loot from him. His loot table isn't impressive.

Plus the trinket is among the worst trinkets you can get.

Quote Originally Posted by Alright View Post
    Comments like this are an example on why the loot system this expansion is garbage.

A lot of people who haven't even pulled mythic ghuun don't even need loot from him. His loot table isn't impressive.

It doesn't help that they made the first 2 bosses a joke AND there's 4 total weapons you can get off them. You have pugs just going in to kill the first 2 bosses because of that.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by atenime45 View Post
    The point is they havent killed the G'huun but once after WF kill and have killed Myhrax multiple times. Wondering whats going on even with a nerfed version and all the gear.
    Why would you bother? Most guilds kill heroic G'huun once for the achievement and never again. The trinket is not in the top 20 for most DPS. Azerite items most people will have the Ulduar trait on another piece already because basically no one stacks 2 or 3 of that trait.

Plus there's no mount drop to sell. Why would you bother with such an overtuned boss? Gear for a couple classes is never worth it.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Essentia@Cho'gall of Inebriated Raiding.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ssentia/simple
    http://masteroverwatch.com/profile/pc/us/Tharkkun-1222

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sniperwolfes View Post
    Maybe it's because Ghuun doesn't drop anything worthwhile and they just don't do it?
    this.

his loot table is especially shitty for an end boss and his level of difficulty. my guilds still progressing mythic and we always skip ghuun on heroic clears to go straight for taloc mythic.

If you made a drinking game out of going to a high pop server, sitting in trade and taking a shot every time you saw a recruitment spam for 7/8H 2/8M guilds you'd probably kill yourself in less than 20 minutes.

Blizzard should have never removed the requirement of having to clear heroic before you can start mythic because all it has done is create this never-ending army of shitty "mythic" guilds.

I mean at least this isn't WoD where you inexplicably got a mythic gear handout every 2 weeks from your table and your progress kills ended up with 75% sharded loot because everyone already had better.
    Last edited by Kazuchika; 2018-11-16 at 01:26 AM.

Deleted

we were 2/8 mythic and pushing zek before we decided we should probably just go back and kill him once for the curve so we can get pugs for our alts, that was it.

Quote Originally Posted by Kazuchika View Post
    If you made a drinking game out of going to a high pop server, sitting in trade and taking a shot every time you saw a recruitment spam for 7/8H 2/8M guilds you'd probably kill yourself in less than 20 minutes.
    I remember earlier in the patch cycle I saw a guild recruiting and they were 5/8 hc 1/8 mythic, that gave me a good laugh.

Quote Originally Posted by Marrilaife View Post
    I remember earlier in the patch cycle I saw a guild recruiting and they were 5/8 hc 1/8 mythic, that gave me a good laugh.
    Doesn't surprise me, M Taloc is a complete joke that falls over to pugs. Pretty sure even Nythendra was harder than him.

Quote Originally Posted by atenime45 View Post
    Maybe we should reconsider who is the #1 guild as of today? Like seriously, the struggle is real:

e. I'm not talking about speeed but the fact hey have only killed G'huun TWICE.
    it's not that they can't its why bother if their entire raid roster has cutting edge and the items from him aren't that good? Azerite is useless in 8.1 with the newer ones being way better due to 2 spec traits, Weapons can be replaced easily by farming m+.

Quote Originally Posted by Malefic View Post
    They run 3 7/8 Mythic runs a week. Until Ghuun is adjusted and doesn't have as many comp limitations as it does it's not worth the hassle for them to re kill it.
    It already has been.
    Quote Originally Posted by rogoth View Post
    I'm glad you brought up IQ, the last standardised IQ test I took I scored a 127, the threshold for 'Genius' is 140, and the threshold for 'Gifted Genius' is 165+, based on the fact the global average IQ is 84, and the fact you're likely Americanwhere the national IQ is BELOW the global average and falling consistently which has led to calls for global intervention in your abysmal education system, I feel you have VERY LITTLE room to talk about IQ levels, but thanks for trying.

Quote Originally Posted by Rehok View Post
    it's not that they can't its why bother if their entire raid roster has cutting edge and the items from him aren't that good? Azerite is useless in 8.1 with the newer ones being way better due to 2 spec traits, Weapons can be replaced easily by farming m+.
    Weapons can not "easily be replaced by farming m+". The maximum Ilvl of weapons you can get from m+ is 380, 5 below Mythic Uldir. Quite significant if you consider how impactful weapons are on your dps/healing. Not including the fact they can WF to 395.
    People don't forgive, they forget. - Rust Cohle

How much of a moron/pleb do you have to be to honestly believe that Method can't re-kill G'huun. The boss doesn't drop any special loot, it's probably much more efficient for them to run 7/8 splits instead of worrying about the class stacking fest that is G'huun.

Quote Originally Posted by Faesroll View Post
    Weapons can not "easily be replaced by farming m+". The maximum Ilvl of weapons you can get from m+ is 380, 5 below Mythic Uldir. Quite significant if you consider how impactful weapons are on your dps/healing. Not including the fact they can WF to 395.
    He drops 4 weapons

Intellect Staff: Heptavium, Staff of Torturous Knowledge - Great for MW Monks and Arcane Mages
    Gun: Re-Origination Pulse Rifle - Crap for BM Hunters
    Agility Fist Weapon: Lancet of the Deft Hand - Good for WW Monks
    Shield: Barricade of Purifying Resolve - Okay for every shield user

The time and effort on killing g'huun is pointless for small upgrades that realistically won't make a massive difference in boss kill on 8.1 especially when M+ ilvl, Heroic Items will be higher from the new raid.