Quote Originally Posted by dope_danny View Post
    If it follows the usual trend US fest is trailer and announcement, EU reveals one job then Jp the other/s. This time tomorrow we should have the name and trailer at the very least.

- - - Updated - - -

But whos to say the pyros system isn't a test for BLU? we see blizzard test stuff for the next expansion at the end of the current one every time.
    Possible but I really doubt they're going that outside the box for a new job. It may have some unique mechanics, but I really doubt they're going to do classic blue mage gameplay wise. I don't see it being the one job that doens't have to be reworked into the FF XIV mold.

At most I would see blue mage having themed blue mage spells like Goblin Punch, White Wind ect. ect. as things they learn normally.

Maybe they'll have one signature "copy" spell that gives them one ability to use related to what they copy, most enemies in the game usually have at LEAST one attack they cast to use.

Quote Originally Posted by Faroth View Post
    Though, I have to make the near obligatory quote from Nanamo Ul Namo's (unofficial) Twitter account, Nanners_bot: "do you want miqo'te butts or do you want midcore content. u must choose between the two. sultana's decree"
    Butts. big. freaking. butts.

Really though all this talk of Garlemald and all but I would love to just go to the new world. Garlemald to me just looks like a barren place. I want something like a rain forest that's full of life. Something inspired by the Mesoamerica region.

Speaking of zones. I really hope Eureka is indication of what we might see in 5.0. Anemos specifically is incredibly detailed.
    Last edited by Aruhen; 2018-11-15 at 11:41 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bright-Flower View Post
    Yeah this is what I would expect. The flavor comes from the theming of the abilities and the quests. The closest I think we'll ever get to 'go out and learn abilities from monsters' would be something like the Logos system in Pyros, where it's tied to content rather than being a new job itself.

I mean other jobs have been altered too. DRK lost its 'sacrifice hp for damage' gimmick because it's a tank. Red mage healing/support was toned down to be a main dps job with a bit of utility. Or just look at summoner. I doubt blue mage would get into the game without being molded into the game's structure and functioning just like other jobs do in how they get their spells.
    I agree, I'm just hoping for something more fun. Blue Mages whole shtick is to learn abilities from monsters, so they COULD do a fair amount with that. I have no doubt it won't be a free for all type thing in FFXI, but they could make it interesting instead of just "do this job quest learn this ability" like they've done with other classes up to this point.

10+ Year Old Account
    Though, I have to make the near obligatory quote from Nanamo Ul Namo's (unofficial) Twitter account, Nanners_bot: "do you want miqo'te butts or do you want midcore content. u must choose between the two. sultana's decree"
    Rear ends can be taken care of with client side mods if so desired so....
    Content it is.

Quote Originally Posted by Aruhen View Post
    Keep chasing the Thicc'ote dream.

- - - Updated - - -

Fyi theres a sale on right now, got the mac version of XIV and all its expansions for 15 brexitbux and all of XI for 3.99 so if you didnt get stormblood yet maybe look into that.

and anyone know when you can buy fanfest stuff online?

Quote Originally Posted by dope_danny View Post
    and anyone know when you can buy fanfest stuff online?
    Release Date
    Friday, November 16, 2018 at 20:00 (GMT)

Source:

https://eu.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodes...ffa7be26a35194

noice rev up those f5 queues

What time will the stream itself go live on Twitch?

Obviously keynotes in an hour and half but how long till we can expect the stream itself up? An hour?

It'll probably have the usual static background with music playing a bit earlier sorta like a waiting room.

edit;

https://gfycat.com/WhirlwindMadeupEft dancer confirmed
    Last edited by Aruhen; 2018-11-16 at 05:46 PM.

Holy shit that damn trailer was awesome. And that isn't even the full one.

What does Bugs Bunny meeeaaaaan?!

What does Bugs Bunny meeeaaaaan?!
    I wonder...

Thancred looks like hes wielding a gunblade of sorts.

also edge level is through the roof. drk job expansion we come.
    Last edited by Aruhen; 2018-11-16 at 06:43 PM.

I'm interested if we'll be able to switch jobs on fly.
    Quote Originally Posted by anaxie View Post
    Looking for Raid.
    They never found one though

Quote Originally Posted by Rogalicus View Post
    I'm interested if we'll be able to switch jobs on fly.
    I suspect that's just for video coolness.

- - - Updated - - -

Really though all this talk of Garlemald and all but I would love to just go to the new world. Garlemald to me just looks like a barren place. I want something like a rain forest that's full of life. Something inspired by the Mesoamerica region.

Speaking of zones. I really hope Eureka is indication of what we might see in 5.0. Anemos specifically is incredibly detailed.
    Well, Rak'Tika Greatwood looks like it might be kinda what you're looking for

Final Fantasy XIV: Shadowbringers - The Warrior of Light must become the Warrior of Darkness.
    Looks like Gunblade job is confirmed by the trailer.
    Yoshi's shirt might be teasing Viera as a playable race. Rak'Tika Greatwood looks a loooot like a certain bunny race's home.

Beast Tribes
    Nu Mou beast tribe. Sounds like we'll see dwarves as well.

Dungeons
    9 dungeons at launch.

New Systems
    Endgame content for Crafters/Gatherers: Restoration of the Holy See of Ishgard (I wonder if this will be future housing finally coming in Ishgard) Oh, heard players "I wanna live in Ishgard" sounds like it'll be the path to Ishgard wards.

FFXI comes to XIV - NPC Battle-Assist System "Trust" - not exactly the same, but adapted to FFXIV. Select NPCs join solo players to go through dungeons. Not meant to replace party matching, but allow for more solo play.

New Game+ system - New system to let you replay old content (2.0 or 3.0, etc) at the strength of your current character. You can play main scenarios, the job quests, etc. Sounds like you can pick chapters.

World Visit System - From aetherytes in the 3 main cities, you can teleport to another world. Basically visit worlds on the same data center via aetherytes. Players can freely move between worlds on the same data center. Some features won't work (probably market boards, etc so we don't break all the economies). "Maybe players from Balmung can hop to a less congested world when 5.0 launches?" XD
    This will actually be launched before the expansion so they can make sure everything is smoothed out and working.

Important Announcements
    End of support to 32 bit Windows with Shadowbringers
    NA & EU Datacenters - new Datacenters and World Regrouping - Servers are getting crowded again
    US will go from 2 datacenters to 3
    EU will go from 1 datacenter to 2
    (Yoshi got on the floor and bowed when they mentioned the launch of Stormblood. Heheheh)

They'll offer free world transfers along with the world reorganizations. They'll go into detail tomorrow for Live Letter.

New Race
    One more thing:
    New race.... but not telling you who. This will likely be the final new playable race. And he's totally showing off Bugs Bunny on the shirt.

Viera confirmed, folks.

Blue Mage
    Blue Mage is also apparently confirmed as SE President came out dressed as such.

Blue Mage video shown.
    Yep, they learn actions from getting hit by abilities. Experience status effect and kill enemy, learn the ability.
    Thousand Needles, Shiva's ice bow attack, Bad breath shown.

With a job shown here, I'm expecting three jobs this expansion. They did say "multiple jobs" at the start.

Oh... nevermind. It's 4.5!!! Blue Mage in 4.5!!!

First "Limited Job" in FFXIV
    Not connected with any class
    Monster Actions are "Learned" - if you just level, you won't learn actions. You gotta get out there and learn them.
    BLU-only duty to be introduced
    Level capped at 50 in 4.5, to increase in the future. They'll get new levels in patches through Shadowbringers
    More info tomorrow at Live Letter
    How many actions can be learned? - Not saying just yet. They'll also explain what a "Limited Job" is tomorrow.

That's it for the Keynote!
    Last edited by Faroth; 2018-11-16 at 07:35 PM.

Yeah Rak'Tika instantly reminded me of FF12 Viera area.

This restoration of Ishgard for crafters/gatherers sounds cool. Seems like we might finally get housing in Ishgard.

edit; well Viera are coming. yay!

edit; well gee looks like blue mage is coming too.
    Last edited by Aruhen; 2018-11-16 at 07:23 PM.

Yeah Rak'Tika instantly reminded me of FF12 Viera area.

This restoration of Ishgard for crafters/gatherers sounds cool. Seems like we might finally get housing in Ishgard.
    Well, that's pretty much confirmed now.

We'll get a hint to the next race in 4.5 ...... when Return to Ivalice finishes.

AAAAND Blue Mage confirmed.
    Last edited by Faroth; 2018-11-16 at 07:23 PM.

New race.... but not telling you who. This will likely be the final new playable race. And he's totally showing off Bugs Bunny on the shirt.

Viera confirmed, folks.
    Yay, I'll finally be able to use my Fantasia.

Overall nothing interesting. Other than CRZ, it's mostly more content in the same tired way.

Oh wait, there's also blue mage.
    Last edited by Rogalicus; 2018-11-16 at 07:23 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by anaxie View Post
    Looking for Raid.
    They never found one though

THE TROLLING. Blue maaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaGEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Well fuck you cat girl and red mage i'm a bunny girl blue mage now.

4.5 FUCK YESSS

man watching the crowd being so happy just brings a smile to my face.
    Last edited by Aruhen; 2018-11-16 at 07:29 PM.