Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ...
    Herald of the Titans
    7+ Year Old Account
    Wait....

So they AREN'T doing the same thing they did with the SC remaster? Not "remaking" the cinematic, but just upgrading the res and stuff?
    Quote Originally Posted by Minikin View Post
    "Sticks and stones may break my bones but words will never....BURN IT"
    Quote Originally Posted by Kathandira View Post
    You are kinda joe Roganing this topic. Hardly have any actual knowledge other than what people have told you, and jumping into a discussion with people who have direct experience with it. Don't be Joe Rogan.

For Azeroth!
    15+ Year Old Account
    I'd mostly play Reforged for the multiplayer & custom maps, and play through campaign again on Hard to see the changes.

Right now if I play WC3, I do random 4v4.

Most multiplayer map hosting seems to be done by some sort of bots now.
    Last edited by Teri; 2018-11-14 at 04:29 PM.

Lol, so what? You'll spend 0.00001% of your time played in the cinematics, who cares if they're remastered or not.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Fucking sucks. Why make the decision that makes you look like manipulative greedy bastards? Show the remade opening cinematic to hook people and sell preorders and then tell people they not gonna remake others???
    I bet the new opening cinematic would be included in the game itself, and the other cinematics would be done in the 2002 quality (just HD)? Thats a joke and hack work.

Quote Originally Posted by Harbour View Post
    Fucking sucks. Why make the decision that makes you look like manipulative greedy bastards? Show the remade opening cinematic to hook people and sell preorders and then tell people they not gonna remake others???
    I bet the new opening cinematic would be included in the game itself, and the other cinematics would be done in the 2002 quality (just HD)? Thats a joke and hack work.
    I do agree it's a bit weak to announce it with a remade cinematic, then ask for preorders, and a few days after that announce that announcement cinematic will be the only one...

I mean, I would have bought it regardless. But now I feel cheated, where I didn't need to be.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well they could remake the cinematic just for you guys, might cost you another year wait on the release though, maybe even two years. To be honest the old cinematics are fine.

The only reason the opening cinematic was updated was for something to show at Blizzcon.

The only update I can image the old cineamtics getting would be a HD clean them. But deep down inside I don't want them redoing those classic scenes. That Arthas killing his father and Gromms sacrifice still hold up pretty well today.
    I love Warcraft, I dislike WoW

Unsubbed since January 2021, now a Warcraft fan from a distance

Quote Originally Posted by Kembei View Post
    -You need an Internet connection to play the game (something I don´t need with the old one).
    Is that really true? Would suck if so... Loved my solo TD while internet was down or I was on the road without connection Could you link a source please? I want to read more about it!

OT:
    You bring up a valid concern. I hope that's the extent of it. They must not fail with this!
    Well met!
    Quote Originally Posted by Iem View Post
    Man even if Blizzard gave players bars of gold, they would complain that they were too heavy.

Well I'm not going to purchase the game for the cinematics. I couldn't care less if they don't redo them.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zephire View Post
    Is that really true? Would suck if so... Loved my solo TD while internet was down or I was on the road without connection Could you link a source please? I want to read more about it!

OT:
    You bring up a valid concern. I hope that's the extent of it. They must not fail with this!
    Warcraft 3 Reforged Minimum Requirements

Processor: Intel® Pentium® D or AMD™ Athlon™ 64 X2
    Video: NVIDIA® GeForce; 6800 (256 MB) or ATI™ HD 3650 Pro (256 MB) or better
    Memory: 2 GB RAM
    Storage: 3 GB available hard drive space
    Input: Keyboard and mouse
    Resolution: 1280 x 720 minimum display resolution
    Misc: Broadband Internet connection

Source:
    https://us.shop.battle.net/en-us/pro...t-iii-reforged
    https://www.gameaxis.com/news/games/...-iii-reforged/
    Last edited by mmoccd658b2118; 2018-11-17 at 12:19 PM.

Wont affect me buying the game but when i read that they were renewing all the cinematics it was something I was really looking forward to. Especially finally seeing the proper cinematic for the Arthas/Illidan fight.

Pft... I'll be buying it for the modding/custom maps.

Dota1 Reforged...!

On one hand, they looked awesome and hold up adequately, but on the other, I know their cinematics department has improved over the years. Just compare old vs. new Mannoroth.

They pretty much have to remake the Arthas vs Illidan cinematic though, considering that they were using in-game cinematic models that should also be found in the game files. I hope they will also add the Arthas vs Kael cinematic that came before his fight with Illidan, even if it wasn't in the original campaign.