Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

In Mythic+, Explosives now have 50% less health, and will no longer spawn from crowd

Good, Now I can kill them in one cast now. It was pretty bad before even with a 375ish item lvl caster.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Enhshamanlol View Post
    Good, Now I can kill them in one cast now. It was pretty bad before even with a 375ish item lvl caster.
    Agree, sometimes i needed three heart strikes to kill one orb, if i didnt crit.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Crabs have been removed from the game... because if I see another one I’m just going to totally lose it. *sobbing* I’m sorry, I just can’t right now... I just... OK just give me a minute, I’ll be OK..

Quote Originally Posted by Nnyco View Post
    Agree, sometimes i needed three heart strikes to kill one orb, if i didnt crit.
    Ya, unless I had a starsurge up, I just ignored them and let melee/hunters deal with it.

I'm curious what data they used to determine that a nerf was necessary and what this data looked like. My guess is that they saw a massive decrease in dungeon completion rates (i.e. an increase in the number of keys that were started but then never finished). This is the case in my personal experience; the first three pug groups that I joined this week ended up disbanding very quickly, after wiping to trash. Most of this was due to difficulties in handling Explosive, but Fortified/Teeming didn't help of course, although I guess in these groups it was the poor use of CCs, although the fact that CCed mobs still spawned explosive orbs didn't help either and was very annoying (and didn't feel right either, so that change gets a big + from me).

Good, is the thing they talked on Blizzcon live too? That bounce abilities like chain lightning and avenger's shield can kill them? Or is that only planned for 8.1? Pretty annoying when I have only 2 abilities that can hit them at all, both with cd, and one of them requires me to unspec from an aoe talent to even work.

Quote Originally Posted by Turtel View Post
    I'm curious what data they used to determine that a nerf was necessary and what this data looked like. My guess is that they saw a massive decrease in dungeon completion rates (i.e. an increase in the number of keys that were started but then never finished). This is the case in my personal experience; the first three pug groups that I joined this week ended up disbanding very quickly, after wiping to trash. Most of this was due to difficulties in handling Explosive, but Fortified/Teeming didn't help of course, although I guess in these groups it was the poor use of CCs, although the fact that CCed mobs still spawned explosive orbs didn't help either and was very annoying (and didn't feel right either, so that change gets a big + from me).
    The fact the top M+ players weren't even bothering with higher keys and basically shitting all over how much of a shitshow fort/teeming/explosive is at higher levels probably didn't help either.

Seriously go to Raider.io and look at the kind of keys being run with this week's affixes compared to every other week. Nobody aside from Jay/Naowh's group is even remotely trying to push keys. They depleted a 19 Atal earlier that arguably could have been timed had an infested not gotten gripped into a giant pile of mobs at the start but even then there have been TWO keys this entire week higher than a 16 completed in time. They HAD to make this change and honestly this combo shouldn't have been allowed to happen in the first place
    Last edited by Kazuchika; 2018-11-16 at 03:52 AM.

Teeming plus explosive is still just cancerous.

Pull a pack of at least 3-4 and the spawn rate of orbs is still pretty high.

Quote Originally Posted by Kazuchika View Post
    The fact the top M+ players weren't even bothering with higher keys and basically shitting all over how much of a shitshow fort/teeming/explosive is at higher levels probably didn't help either.
    This. There was almost nobody pushing keys. I think the highest completed (by the top players) was an 18 compared to a 20. (By DrJay - none of the other top runners have ran it this week)
    Twitch - https://www.twitch.tv/onlyjoshintv
    Youtube - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCn2...7AE0NG5sjbjYPw

Content centres around Lost Ark currently

Quote Originally Posted by FiveDkp View Post
    This. There was almost nobody pushing keys. I think the highest completed (by the top players) was an 18 compared to a 20. (By DrJay - none of the other top runners have ran it this week)
    Yeah there have been 2 +18s in time this week a Freehold and Atal. Like I mentioned above they could have timed a 19 Atal but shit went sideways super early and they lost about a minute on that but even then it would have been super close.

Is this a hotfix that gets implemented immediately or?

About time. Worst weeks when explosives are up. It's not so hard, it's just not fun, at all. Teeming is nice, fortified is nice. Explosives, not nice.

This change is nice. Having explosives spawned from cced mobs was just silly anyway.

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Cool, no more orbs spawning on a sheeped infested mob at the back.

Deleted
    Blizzard nerfing things that aren't even hard to deal with to begin with. Why am I not surprised ?

Quote Originally Posted by Alright View Post
    Blizzard nerfing things that aren't even hard to deal with to begin with. Why am I not surprised ?
    yeah, guess the fact that the people who were running the highest keys not running keys because it was overtuned are just crybabies huh.

anonymity is great.

I am probably in minority, but I actually like Explosive affix. As a healer, I'm having fun killing them, sometimes I even top the meter on damage dealt to orbs. We ran a few dungeons last night, and we had more issues dealing with fortified-teeming combo - it just took way too long to kill all the trash to get the 100%, and some teeming packs were smashing our faces even without any orbs.

Herald of the Titans Amaterasu65's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Explosive was a little annoying as a frost mage without any procs available. I should have waited to finish my weekly I guess.

15+ Year Old Account
    So much fun to be affliction with explosive orbs..
    But soon after Mr Xi secured a third term, Apple released a new version of the feature in China, limiting its scope. Now Chinese users of iPhones and other Apple devices are restricted to a 10-minute window when receiving files from people who are not listed as a contact. After 10 minutes, users can only receive files from contacts.
    Apple did not explain why the update was first introduced in China, but over the years, the tech giant has been criticised for appeasing Beijing.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Alright View Post
    All just look at the guy running maybe +5, thinking he is great and says something like that.

I bet you are on of those always dying to every shit in any higher key being completely useless by not playing your role correctly and blaming the others for your mistakes. Just had one of you these days.

This week is simply garbage to play. Teeming, Explosives on CC'd mobs where you can't use the slightest cleave, Fortified, if you say this week is fine you definetly don't play anything higher.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by dcc626 View Post
    yeah, guess the fact that the people who were running the highest keys not running keys because it was overtuned are just crybabies huh.

anonymity is great.
    That has nothing to do with explosive, more to do with the other 2 affixes / player skill.