Thread: No Diablo 4

Page 18 of 24 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Puupi View Post
    I wonder when the "news for PC players later this year" will happen.

There's what...6 weeks left of this year?
    Yes, and this just worsens the situation. IIRC from Rhykker's video Brandi told that something D3 should be coming, but i'm not seeing anything - complete silence is a bad sign.
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.

Quote Originally Posted by Coldkil View Post
    Yes, and this just worsens the situation. IIRC from Rhykker's video Brandi told that something D3 should be coming, but i'm not seeing anything - complete silence is a bad sign.
    They still can come up with pristine rifts for D3.

Quote Originally Posted by Puri View Post
    They still can come up with pristine rifts for D3.
    Which means? Sorry i don't get it XD

Quote Originally Posted by mrgreenthump View Post
    Yup, this is what a broken man looks like. At least we have the "D3 content" to look for, but who knows what it will be. Doubtful they will introduce anything special because it should've been at Blizzcon if they did.
    Don't fall for the act. Right after the announcement Rhykker had a 1 hour twitch stream at Blizzcon, with Wyatt Chang, playing Immortal, asking questions from him... and happily sucking him up and praising this pile of shit.

Which means? Sorry i don't get it XD
    Sorry, I've made this joke in at least four threads now and obviously I am so out of touch with reality or people have already forgotten about it. I have to immediately think about it anytime someone mentions "pristine".

It means Blizzard is announcing something in a panic reaction to calm down the community without even planning to implement it, like they did with the pristine wow servers.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mrgreenthump View Post
    Yup, this is what a broken man looks like. At least we have the "D3 content" to look for, but who knows what it will be. Doubtful they will introduce anything special because it should've been at Blizzcon if they did.
    TBH, no youtuber or streamer should build their entire career around a single game or arguably even franchise. Sooner or later they have to branch out and develop their own independent brand and persona, otherwise they'll eventually get left behind. There are very few games that are sustainable long term.

Quote Originally Posted by Puri View Post
    Sorry, I've made this joke in at least four threads now and obviously I am so out of touch with reality or people have already forgotten about it. I have to immediately think about it anytime someone mentions "pristine".

It means Blizzard is announcing something in a panic reaction to calm down the community without even planning to implement it, like they did with the pristine wow servers.
    Hahaha now i get it XD

Problem is, current GRs ARE pristine XD Nothing has really changed from release apart some scaling.

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I don't think it's the case at all - but yes, they0're going to tackle the mobile market heavily and where it's strongest. Business-wise, it's a good move. Mobile games require substantial less effort in producing but generate an awful lot of revenue and Eastern market is basically fine with microtx/p2w.

It's just a reality that a "classic" Diablo game isn't sustainable anymore (B2P, free content after) without some monetization scheme that can fed up development costs. Reason why D3 has an ingame store in China and is still thriving (as in people play and buy stuff).

Sucks, but i can see the reasoning behind this choice.
    I really don't see why Blizzard doesn't just take a page out of the book of GGG with Path of Exile. Sell supporter packs/cosmetics.

Maybe they feel like being a AAA dev means people won't be so giving, but look at LoL...
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

Quote Originally Posted by pavulon View Post
    I like how he says that the future is bright for PC fans with multiple unannounced projects still in the works by several teams after already stating their best devs have moved to mobile. That doesn't really make the future seem very bright when all we are getting is the second string B team devs and a nebulous mention of multiple projects.

Quote Originally Posted by DeltrusDisc View Post
    I really don't see why Blizzard doesn't just take a page out of the book of GGG with Path of Exile. Sell supporter packs/cosmetics.

Maybe they feel like being a AAA dev means people won't be so giving, but look at LoL...
    I'm sure this will be the case - or better, a B2P with optional cosmetic microtx like OW (but no lootboxes). The initial price is due to the higher tech quality of the product; not bashing PoE in any way, but GGG started low with a much less powerful engine, and this shows in the combat flow/animations.

If there's something good in D3, it's the combat flow/playstyle, which is as fluid as it could be. They really nailed that.

Quote Originally Posted by crono14 View Post
    I'm curious what he will do. Do you possibly stream a mobile platform, which honestly the game is probably simple enough it's not needed. You might not make enough to support yourself. Or do you abandon ship and stream something else? I'm sure he will still do his news thing, but I doubt we see any Diablo related news that is actually newsworthy at this point. After this year, I don't even care about Diablo hype anymore.

Sucks that he was there and so excited to report on news and then that shitstorm happened. Good on him for being professional, but internally I bet he wanted to rage at those devs.

- - - Updated - - -

Well according to Jason Schreier guy from Kotaku, his source said yes there is a confirmed D4 in the works. The only rebuttal statement Blizzard has was that it was pulled from the announcements at Blizzcon. I don't follow that guy at all, but plenty of people said he is a reliable source and has broken many stories from his industry sources so who knows.

So D4 is confirmed, just it was not ever going to be announced at Blizzcon this year, which Blizzard confirmed after his story saying it was pulled.
    how many times does blizzard have to fuck you over before you learn? There is no D4, and when (if) there is, it will be trash. has nobody learned anything since 2012? wtf

Quote Originally Posted by pavulon View Post
    Well blizz basicly said that they shifted their "best developers" to mobile project

RIP Diablo 4
    you honestly don't think they put all the best devs on mobile and left pc with mediocre ones do you ?

Diablo Fans are in a abusive relationship with Blizzard.

No matter how many times they lie and beat us we keep coming back.

Just reroll Path of Exile. I tried it a few months ago. Has the character development Diablo 3 sincerely lacked.

Quote Originally Posted by glowpipe View Post
    you honestly don't think they put all the best devs on mobile and left pc with mediocre ones do you ?
    What does BfA sinking, and no content to SC2 and Diablo at all for years (shitty cashgrab skins are not content sorry) are saying to you?

Quote Originally Posted by Puzzony View Post
    What does BfA sinking, and no content to SC2 and Diablo at all for years (shitty cashgrab skins are not content sorry) are saying to you?
    Its not making them nearly as much money as overwatch and heartstone, which keep getting shit over and over. Why make content for diablo, a game gone into maintanance mode a year ago, when they are making a new game and also rerealising it on switch and people buy it like its no tomorrow

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by glowpipe View Post
    Its not making them nearly as much money as overwatch and heartstone, which keep getting shit over and over. Why make content for diablo, a game gone into maintanance mode a year ago, when they are making a new game and also rerealising it on switch and people buy it like its no tomorrow
    Making monetisable (is that a word?) content, aka an expansion, for Diablo 3 would make a lot of money.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i was talking about horse cock again, told him to look at your sig.

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'm sure this will be the case - or better, a B2P with optional cosmetic microtx like OW (but no lootboxes). The initial price is due to the higher tech quality of the product; not bashing PoE in any way, but GGG started low with a much less powerful engine, and this shows in the combat flow/animations.

If there's something good in D3, it's the combat flow/playstyle, which is as fluid as it could be. They really nailed that.
    No for sure, when PoE was new I had my issues with it. It's obviously come a long way though and I'm happy to see the rather large influx of players it seems to have attracted recently. It really deserves a solid chance from everyone who enjoys ARPGs at all!
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

10+ Year Old Account
    D3's combat engine is a marvel of software engineering when you step back, watch what's going on in a fight and start thinking about all the graphic and math calculations going on at once. It's one of the best things I've ever seen. I've always wished there was a more old-style ARPG design to go with it.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

Quote Originally Posted by Puupi View Post
    Making monetisable (is that a word?) content, aka an expansion, for Diablo 3 would make a lot of money.
    There's no way there's an expansion coming for Diablo 3. Blizzard does not care about the consumer, they care about their share holders, and right now they're getting blasted by them for falling short on product sales and earnings projections. Revenue is stagnant, share holders demand growth and they believe that comes from the "games as service" model, which Diablo 3 does not fit. Whatever is announced, whatever Blizzard manages to release, just know that Blizzard will be trying to nickel and dime as predatory micro transactions is the path to investor bliss.

Nope because devs can't add druids and let them use totems. Then add a story and events. They act like it's rocket surgery to do this.