Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    Remember this game is flawless..

https://clips.twitch.tv/ArtisticShyPeanutBIRB

(Right after another mob that was invisible.)
    Has anyone really claimed it was flawless? All the defenders seem to admit the game has flaws they just don't think everything is as rage worthy as the haters are making it out to be.

If the twitch streamer says it, the link doesnt work for me.

Quote Originally Posted by XangXu View Post
    All of this Fallout 76 hate is a prime example of why weed needs to be legalized in America. Before I play this game I make sure to toke once or twice and I can get lost in West Virginia for hours.
    "You should take some drugs so you can enjoy the game!"
    10/10 advertisment

Quote Originally Posted by Dextroden View Post
    Meh. That's the internet. It just means Jim can't ever go on the defensive if people ever treat him the way he treats others.

But, more correctly, I can respect the man's opinion because it's usually his own. People linking him because they'll quote anyone that doesn't like it and hold them up like a prophet is a joke and not respected for the same reason I can't call it a rousing success because I pointed to Jon being positive.
    I dont mind his persona, because its a role he's playing and he doesnt "troll" or go overboard. Its laugheable to refer to what he does as bullying when he's calling out the scummy actions of massive cooperations for how they behave with MT's, how they treat their workers and how their interference in the dev process ruins games and kills franchises.

As long as he keeps pointing out actual facts and accurately predicting how events are going to play out (which he has done multiple times these past few years) I'm not going to be bothered by a persona he adopts.

This is not a situation which calls for neutrality. Such destructive behaviour needs to be called out.

Jim's current strategy is dependant on being right and not pulling anything over the top terrible and disastrous like certain other youtubers have done.
    Last edited by Tenjen; 2018-11-16 at 03:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tenjen View Post
    I dont mind his persona, because its a role he's playing and he doesnt "troll" or go overboard. Its laugheable to refer to what he does as bullying when he's calling out the scummy actions of massive cooperations for how they behave with MT's, how they treat their workers and how their interference in the dev process ruins games and kills franchises.

As long as he keeps pointing out actual facts and accurately predicting how events are going to play out (which he has done multiple times these past few years) I'm not going to be bothered by a persona he adopts.

This is not a situation which calls for neutrality. Such destructive behaviour needs to be called out.

Jim's current strategy is dependant on being right and not pulling anything over the top terrible and disastrous like certain other youtubers have done.
    He states all these facts yet he always always always fails to state the most obvious fact out there. 99.9% of the scummy stuff business do will go away if people just vote with their wallets. Deep down the ones to blame are those who bitch, moan, cry, and then "Oh shiny have my credit card." then turn around and go "I have something that means I can't control myself waah."

Quote Originally Posted by Kallisto View Post
    He states all these facts yet he always always always fails to state the most obvious fact out there. 99.9% of the scummy stuff business do will go away if people just vote with their wallets. Deep down the ones to blame are those who bitch, moan, cry, and then "Oh shiny have my credit card." then turn around and go "I have something that means I can't control myself waah."
    He's already addressed that multiple times in various videos. your "always fails to state" was stated by him years ago before MT's were a proper thing.

What you're talking about is never going to happen. There is literally no point targeting the buyers when its the peddlers who are at fault. Most of the playing masses do not pay attention to forums, discussions and videos about such things. They are uninvolved in these situations.

Quote Originally Posted by Tenjen View Post

I don't think he's a bully. He's just not a typical journalist, but he does his research like one. He also has a deeper mistrust because of said mistrust.

I'll never deny Bethesda wants in on the live services market or that they could fuck this up if they don't keep working this up. Outside of being fun and a Fallout game, the thing that got me to assured buy was them committing to not paying for dlc and the game paying you in atoms for playing. If that changes or they start making shop items that can only be bought with cash, I expect the game to collapse. A shame, but deserved if the try to claw more money out of this.

The facts aren't an issue, as people should weigh those issues on a purchase. It's running with opinions of people as facts. It's not good period, and that includes ignoring Bethesda can completely kill this with poor decisions because we're having a fun time with the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Chief Bennett View Post
    I find Gameranx before you buys to be generally very useful, I've never been let down if I buy a game they say is good, and you can tell they aren't biased it seems

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=noGACLdTUv4

They aren't fans of F76 either
    "the defense you will hear alot is 'that the game is absolutely better with friends' and I do think that is a valid defense and a compliment to the game, it's just one that I don't totally jive with."

Yeah no, that is not a viable defense at all, even objectively when talking about a multiplayer game. Unless you are some kind of psychopath, you usually enjoy being with people that you call friends, so the satement is just empty and devoid of value. It's the kind of thing people keep saying when they can't find anything else that they like, so it's actually a damning statement that you could only make worse by not even being fun with friends. It's certainly not a compliment.

While he proceeds to explain what he dislikes after that, it just simply irks beyond belief when people throw out these false niceties.

10+ Year Old Account
    A nuke went off on my map last night, too bad I wasn't leveled enough to go investigate it. Hearing it go off and watching everyone stop to look towards it was cool.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

Quote Originally Posted by Chief Bennett View Post
    I find Gameranx before you buys to be generally very useful...
    They aren't fans of F76 either
    Not sure that's the full conclusion he came to... Its a great video that lays out the pros and cons very well. He actually lists more pros than cons, but says the cons are too big to ignore, and generally right. He admits its very polarizing and seems like a good game but "something feels off" and "i'm not enjoying it as much as others but doesn't deserve some of the harsh criticism its getting". He's basically on the fence. Just as he points out, the buzzkills are bugs, performance issue (crashes, framerate drops, fov, etc), and often times feels empty (lack of npcs is stupid, somewhat basic/repetitive, etc). All valid. There was also a bunch of positives such as environment, gunplay is adequate at worst, co-op biggest strength, building (for those that enjoy it), card system (though debatable as "RPG"), and many events and locations/"dungeons" great. I mean he even says "This is a game that has potential (i know i've been harping on it a lot) and i'll be jumping back in after updates and reevaluate -- it can even be a 'good' game it just needs more time." Fair.

Its just a game that has obvious flaws and focused strengths where those willing to put up with the former are getting value from the latter. Its like they made a game where of the subset of people who *would* be interested in fallout about 1/3 are enjoying it, 1/3 despise it, and 1/3 are just 'meh, not for me'. I just want to live in the world where people just give their opinions but aren't telling people who it appeals to that they're trash (looking at some posters in here). Its likely going to go down as a game with significant flaws and a corporate cashgrab (as imo it should get dinged on), but isn't a flaming garbage dump either.

10+ Year Old Account
    Brother rented the game for PS4 and it uhh... has some problems. We haven't seen anything game breaking per se, but there are some hilarious and "yeah this is bethesda alright" kind of bugs, and a random dude t-posed for like half a second. There is however a very bad latency problem and our network is running fine for everything else. Shooting a ghoul or what not gets registered like 150ms-200ms later.

Then of course this is an online game with assholes. One person goes "you're going to be my bitch" and then proceeded followed for like half an hour while keep meleeing and we just ignored him, and also mute all voice from people cause we forgot to do that.

Thanks for the CAMP advice people.

I'm glad I could actually think for myself and bought this game and I'm having an amazing time. Seems like Bethesda expanded on the very things I wanted expanded from Fallout 4. A movable personal base is awesome, rather than a static few. The game is perfect for those who like to explore and scavenge, much like Fallout 4. I haven't really encountered that many bugs. Seems rather clean for a Bethesda game but I know no one ever dares say that.

My only complaint is moving camps. I know it's a giant block of stuff, but the system in place doesn't seem to handle placing your old camp down at a new location very well. Always something wrong that it should honestly just ignore and place anyway. I can't tell you how many times I've had to rebuild my Camp.
    Also that, and that stash capacity is so small. I would have built some containers to store stuff in, but the game hasn't given me any plans for that yet.

Also I'm not sure why they didn't split this game up into two different modes. One for players who don't want pvp, and another for an actual pvp world. Where player locations on the map are hidden and the game doesn't do that thing where you both have to attack each other to deal full damage. Which is easily exploited from one side.

Quote Originally Posted by Very Tired View Post
    Also I'm not sure why they didn't split this game up into two different modes. One for players who don't want pvp, and another for an actual pvp world. Where player locations on the map are hidden and the game doesn't do that thing where you both have to attack each other to deal full damage. Which is easily exploited from one side.
    You can set yourself to pacifist in the options. I think you can still take a little slap damage but even if you shoot back it won't initiate PVP as normal, and will even pop up a message reminding you you're set to pacifist.

Quote Originally Posted by unholytestament View Post
    You can set yourself to pacifist in the options. I think you can still take a little slap damage but even if you shoot back it won't initiate PVP as normal, and will even pop up a message reminding you you're set to pacifist.
    Yeah I did that. It actually saved me when a random player and I were both doing the same event. They accidentally wandered in front of me as I was firing so I hit them.

Oh that is pretty cool, didn't know you could do that. My wife is way on the fence just because of the PVP re: toxic anuses being anuses. I really think the garbage picking open world would be really fun to run around in with her so at least I can tell her about this.

I'm on the fence about getting this game. I'm afraid I'm going to play and think "FO4" does this better and just go back to that game. I like the scavenging and base building but fallout 4 has that in spades. I'm not wild about how fast equipment seems to degrade. Watching oxhorn it seems like you can kill 4-5 enemies with a gun then its broke.

There is still a way you can be murdered in pacifist mode.

I think it was Dansgaming it happen to the other night but a guy fired a mini nuke killing Dan and himself. Even tho dan was in pacifist mode the blast of the nuke killed him.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

I think it was Dansgaming it happen to the other night but a guy fired a mini nuke killing Dan and himself. Even tho dan was in pacifist mode the blast of the nuke killed him.
    Well it is a nuke Probably just a bug or not... who knows. I have a feeling the documentation for this thing is pretty sparse haha.

Quote Originally Posted by slalmon View Post
    Well it is a nuke Probably just a bug or not... who knows. I have a feeling the documentation for this thing is pretty sparse haha.
    Honestly I don't see why they couldn't at lease just copy GTAV's Passive Mode.

Even with all the issues I have a slight interest in the game and being able to fully 100% not deal with PVP would be great. The only part of PVP I would be ok with dealing with is the every once in awhile nuke going off.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.

Quote Originally Posted by slalmon View Post

Explosives are pretty lethal at all levels and capable of friendly fire. If someone is determined to kill you the only thing stopping them from whipping out a missile launcher or fat man are how cost prohibitive they are to use.

Explosives are pretty lethal at all levels and capable of friendly fire. If someone is determined to kill you the only thing stopping them from whipping out a missile launcher or fat man are how cost prohibitive they are to use.
    And that's something that shouldn't be a thing in pacifist mode. Like I said honestly they should have just copied GTAV's version of it.