Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    The big wild card is all this talk about "History must be changed." Does that mean we're the history, or does that mean we have to change our history?
    Isn't this reference to homeworld of WoD? Meaning that light is too strong and it threatens to consume Eorzea (probably that angel-like thing that WoL fought in trailer is one of the lightbringers).
    Quote Originally Posted by anaxie View Post
    Looking for Raid.
    They never found one though

Quote Originally Posted by dope_danny View Post
    they said it caps at 50 in Stormblood, maybe to keep it from being a balancing nightmare in the final content?
    Possibly they won't make the 4.5 deadline (still need Heavensward and Stormblood class stories, etc.) if they went to full 70, so they decided to do a partial release/preview. And it might help a bit with balancing concerns.

Quote Originally Posted by Faroth View Post
    So.... speculation who the girl with Thancred is in the trailer?

Reincarnated Minfilia?
    The fact that they were fighting the bosses from Amdapoor seems real goddamn suspect. We are sure they died out with the Mhachi, right?

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rogalicus View Post
    Isn't this reference to homeworld of WoD? Meaning that light is too strong and it threatens to consume Eorzea (probably that angel-like thing that WoL fought in trailer is one of the lightbringers).
    I dunno, it doesn't give off that vibe to me with this trailer. Though maybe that's because we're missing the critical piece of information that is 4.5. Also might be because we're the only region where the Mysterious Voice shared a VA with the other Warrior of Darkness.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Quote Originally Posted by RohanV View Post
    Possibly they won't make the 4.5 deadline (still need Heavensward and Stormblood class stories, etc.) if they went to full 70, so they decided to do a partial release/preview. And it might help a bit with balancing concerns.
    That and with the combat rework for 5.0 it would be a bit silly to give it two expansions worth of skills for like 12 weeks only to rework them right after again.

- - - Updated - - -

I dunno, it doesn't give off that vibe to me with this trailer. Though maybe that's because we're missing the critical piece of information that is 4.5. Also might be because we're the only region where the Mysterious Voice shared a VA with the other Warrior of Darkness.
    I think its Zodiark. I think he and hydaelyn are literally Order and Chaos -the characters in FF lore specifically- and hes here mirror image so to speak who can also talk to you. I wouldn't be surprised if thats why the Sahagin guy had the Echo.

Quote Originally Posted by Aruhen View Post
    Ninja also released in 2.4 alongside Final Coil of Bahamut. The same can't be said for Blue Mage. Still though that seems to be one of the main reasons they're doing this. I can also see them doing this to ease people into the class. The class uses a new system of learning actions if it really does come from monsters in the open world and instances. They might be afraid it'll be too much for players if they just throw everything at them at once.

As far as limited I don't think it really means anything honestly... its probably just related to how they're slowly rolling out the job mechanics over a period of time. I think they know if Blue Mage has access to less content that people would raise a shit storm. What I'm really curious about is that BLU specific duty...

Another thing is the new data servers. I think we know it'll probably be in the same location but it would be cool if NA got an eastern server location...
    I'd guess that the BLU specific duties refer to trial fights that the BLU is intended to learn stuff from but can't do on their own in a normal duty due to balancing issues.

If it caps at 50, but you're supposed to fight Shiva to learn something, there's no way a level 50 class could solo that. We'll see though.

Either way, I'm excited for what's coming.

10+ Year Old Account
    That and with the combat rework for 5.0 it would be a bit silly to give it two expansions worth of skills for like 12 weeks only to rework them right after again.

- - - Updated - - -

I think its Zodiark. I think he and hydaelyn are literally Order and Chaos -the characters in FF lore specifically- and hes here mirror image so to speak who can also talk to you. I wouldn't be surprised if thats why the Sahagin guy had the Echo.
    Could be. Would explain a lot. But I'm just hung up on how much they stress the phrase "History must be changed." Sounds to me like that'd be someone from our bad end future.

Really doesn't help that apparently Warrior of Darkness now has a meta meaning rather than just referring to that one group from Heavensward.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Katchii View Post
    I'd guess that the BLU specific duties refer to trial fights that the BLU is intended to learn stuff from but can't do on their own in a normal duty due to balancing issues.

If it caps at 50, but you're supposed to fight Shiva to learn something, there's no way a level 50 class could solo that. We'll see though.

Either way, I'm excited for what's coming.
    God I hope the specific duty is a BLU version of the primal fights.

I'm pretty sure every healer had a collective stroke upon realizing that BLU can learn moves off primals, because that means more idiots standing in the fire.

Quote Originally Posted by Rogalicus View Post
    Worth noting is the Angel-like thing (as well as the lion-thing) was seen in-game before in Amdpor.

Now I'm curious what the limit break for BLU will be.... Red Mage LB is literally the best thing in FFXIV at the moment. Can they beat that?

10+ Year Old Account
    they said it caps at 50 in Stormblood, maybe to keep it from being a balancing nightmare in the final content?
    Pretty much this.
    In order to give you the freedom to learn mob abilities of your choice, they have to exclude you from endgame content because many BLM will be either gimped or OP.

Quote Originally Posted by Aruhen View Post
    Now I'm curious what the limit break for BLU will be.... Red Mage LB is literally the best thing in FFXIV at the moment. Can they beat that?
    Literally just a stampede of monsters.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Granyala View Post
    Pretty much this.
    In order to give you the freedom to learn mob abilities of your choice, they have to exclude you from endgame content because many BLM will be either gimped or OP.
    Heck also the fact that BLU probably has the highest ability count of any job in the game. Since they went with the "get hit by move to learn move" rather than a set list you learn via thematic job quests. It may have more moves than a level 70 class just crammed into 1-50.

Friendship with Magitek Walker over.

10+ Year Old Account
    Heck also the fact that BLU probably has the highest ability count of any job in the game. Since they went with the "get hit by move to learn move" rather than a set list you learn via thematic job quests. It may have more moves than a level 70 class just crammed into 1-50.
    Personally, I wonder how many of these moves will actually be of use against bosses.
    They are immune to most forms of CC even in the single player games.

- - - Updated - - -

Friendship with Magitek Walker over.
    What the hell... reward for buying the ticket?

Quote Originally Posted by Granyala View Post
    Personally, I wonder how many of these moves will actually be of use against bosses.
    They are immune to most forms of CC even in the single player games.

- - - Updated - - -

What the hell... reward for buying the ticket?
    Mogstation. I'm weak just this once.

10+ Year Old Account

A feature akin to Final Fantasy XI’s Trust system will be added in Shadowbringers, allowing non-player character heroes to accompany players through dungeons. This will allow players to play through the story scenario of the expansion completely solo.

https://kotaku.com/final-fantasy-xiv...ers-1830496316

That's not very MMO'ish
    10850k (10c 20t) @ all-core 5GHz @ 1.250v | EVGA 3080 FTW3 Ultra Gaming | 32GB DDR4 3200 | 1TB M.2 OS/Game SSD | 4TB 7200RPM Game HDD | 10TB 7200 RPM Storage HDD | ViewSonic XG2703-GS - 27" IPS 1440p 165Hz Native G-Sync | HP Reverb G2 VR Headset

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MrPaladinGuy View Post
    ques for alot of stuff in older content takes awhile to get into, so its needed.

Quote Originally Posted by MrPaladinGuy View Post
    Trust -at least in FFXI- is a system designed for dead content. For example look at pre timewalking WoW. If you outlevelled something you either steamrolled it for transmog or never went back. So the people starting later or just levelling slower have nobody who wants to do that content, even in a guild people would go 'eh theres no good transmog so why would i want to do Heroic Shattered Halls?' but you go around unlocking 'trust nps' and you can form a light party and run some content with them. Nothing huge but say theres a world quest in kul tiras/zandalar meant for a group. You can pull out your npcs for something like that.

I'm not surprised since squadrons were an obvious beta test for this but lets say you are doing the MSQ for ARR now and it wants you to do aurum vale as dps. Would you rather wait for literal hours in hopes of a queue pop and possibly lose interest and stop playing or use Trust npcs to get through and get closer to the none trust using max level content with other players?

Quote Originally Posted by leviathonlx View Post
    For now I'll be cautiously optimistic about the expac as a whole until we find out if this is going to just be Heavensward 3.0 with release content along with the same ol' patch cycle.
    Patch cycle will not be much different than A Realm Reborn, Heavensward, and Stormblood life-cycle. In terms of initial 5.0 endgame expect couple or so dungeons for tomes to gear for normal raid unlock couple or so weeks later... then pattern continues from there... with little additions / quality of life stuff along the way

Trust system is more like the squadrons brought into dungeons... great alternative leveling method but the level 50 dungeons for squadron shows the AI is just shit

I like how they mention Balmung of the server congestion during Stormblood when it was every datacenter / world experiencing duty instances being locked due to DDOS or whatever they want to call it... cant do any MSQ / class(job) quests / etc related to getting into duty instanced content

Also EU datacenter is a meme with daily issues... with these new datacenters its more a not to have a disastrous 5.0 launch compared to 4.0 but afterwards the player population doesnt really support needing that many (its like the 100+ servers on WoW... not needed)
    Last edited by Vyndeleron; 2018-11-16 at 09:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Faroth View Post
    I'm looking forward to seeing their version of Viera and seeing how this wraps up.

I'm also curious what this means onward. This is the culmination of the Ascian story, the end of the Empire story, they said probably the final added race. I'm wondering how much of a finale this is. After that expansion concludes in 2021, that will be 8 years for the game. We know this is basically the conclusion of the story Yoshida had planned when he took over.
    He did say they have story ideas up to 6.0 or 7.0