I enjoy the show alot. I've never not liked it. Though I'm curious if Asgard will get involved this season since it seems that Jamie Alexander is done playing Lady Sif.

I actually don't really have high hopes for this show. The premise seems to be a generic "government agents deal with superhumans" sort of thing. It almost seems like it was made to follow a villain of the week format. Prove me wrong Whedon.

AoS has been renewed for season 7: https://www.marvel.com/articles/tv-s...inkId=59753426

Yeah, that's not a typo. Show has been renewed for a season 7, 9 months before season 6 even airs.

That's surprising, I thought they said S6 was going to be the last one.

Quote Originally Posted by henry paul View Post
    I actually don't really have high hopes for this show. The premise seems to be a generic "government agents deal with superhumans" sort of thing. It almost seems like it was made to follow a villain of the week format. Prove me wrong Whedon.
    Why does "he" have to do that? The show itself already proved you wrong.

Try actually watching something you're going to (feebly, and painfully so) criticize. It makes you look much less like an ignorant fool when you have at least an inkling of what the fuck you're talking about.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Biomega View Post
    That's surprising, I thought they said S6 was going to be the last one.
    They didn't say that anywhere, the only thing they really said is that long seasons are no longer a thing, and they'll halve the amount of episodes per season.

Quote Originally Posted by EUPLEB View Post
    They didn't say that anywhere, the only thing they really said is that long seasons are no longer a thing, and they'll halve the amount of episodes per season.
    Fair enough, must be misremembering.

So really we're getting one more season, except it's two more seasons. Though to be fair the way that arcs have been set up in the previous seasons, we've basically been getting 2 seasons per season already.

Kinda surprised they did not just announce it as Disney Plus offering.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nerraw View Post
    AoS has been renewed for season 7
    Cool, this shows been getting better as it goes, excited to see what they do with The Snap.

Also, I’m wondering... will season 7 be another short one, like season 6?
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30

Quote Originally Posted by Gallahadd View Post
    Cool, this shows been getting better as it goes, excited to see what they do with The Snap.

Also, I’m wondering... will season 7 be another short one, like season 6?
    Yes, another 13 episodes.

Quote Originally Posted by EUPLEB View Post
    Seems like they are following the Netflix DC formula with a shorter season. It worked well for those shows I think it can fit here too.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nerraw View Post
    Yes, another 13 episodes.
    The last season felt a little bloated, I think the new trimmed down run will only help the show.

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.

Time travel is almost always dumb, in the case of season 5 of AoS they were pretty close to doing a well told time travel story, but unfortunately they went off the rails. There we're a number of incongruities, from minor to major, that tear apart the story, for instance how was Enoch unaware that the Light House was built by SHIELD (minor) to how was Cassius unaware that time travelers were there when he had one captured (kind of a middle ground) to how did Yo-yo not mention anything important nor ask anything important (major)? Speaking of Yo-yo how did she manage to get both arms cut off, everything she did in that scene was stupid, also what was the point of losing her arms and why didn't she get prosthetics that more closely mimic human flesh like Coulson's hand?

Overall, AoS takes itself far to seriously, the show was set up to be about the little guy who fights alongside the big guy, and its at it's best when Coulson (the little guy) is quipping and in action, but instead of that we get a convoluted story that rehashes and retreads ideas we've already seen and laid to rest. It's like the show has been five seasons of the same internal conflict on the "team" that have been solved at least a dozen times. Fitz and Simmons are struggling with Fitz and Simmons things, Coulson and Daisy are telling each other how much they need each other, Mack comes from a different world than everyone else, May is arguing with Coulson about something, and everyone is in an existential crisis about their lives as SHIELD agents.

Also, it seems a little strange that when only half of the world's population was threatened Spider-Man, Iron Man, Warmachine, Doctor Strange, Bruce Banner, Thor, Vision, Scarlett Witch, Captain America, the Black Widow, the Black Panther, and the entire nation of Wakanda are mobilized, yet the Earth being shattered was left in the hands of seven lukewarm heroes who's biggest victory to date was deciding who should lead them (depending on the day it's either Coulson, Daisy, May, or Mack)(I know Thanos threatened half of everyone everywhere, but Earth's heroes never concerned themselves with universe issues previously). That's always been one of the shows issues, it's hard to get the stakes just right, they need to be big enough that we care, but not big enough that we're wondering where are the real heroes? In the case of 5/6ths of the world being shattered and the human population going from 7+ billion down to 2,000 I would hope they would bring in at least someone of like Antman's level.

And finally the finale, they built up this big problem with the time loop and then didn't even solve it, they did everything the same but won this time I guess. They built up the question of what will happen to Deek and then did nothing. They built up the idea of saving people, the idea that no one is beyond redemption and then presumably killed to solve their problem. In the same vein, they also built up Talbot, showed him being able to shrug off Daisy's quakes and then after absorbing at least twice as much gravitonium as he had initially he gets shot into space unceremoniously. There was no payoff for any of the ideas they were building, they wrote a 22 episode long time paradox story that they resolved by everyone doing everything they did previously only this time it worked out. It was unimaginative to say the least, not at all clever.

Oh yeah, and future Fitz is dead I guess, so there's that.

10+ Year Old Account
    OOOOOOOOHHH shit! I knew it, I fucking KNEW it!

They’d never let an actor as good as Gregg leave!

Future Coulson perhaps?

When they came back from the future earth some big baddies followed ? This will be an interesting season with them using more supers than previous seasons

Alternate Universe SWORD team lead by Coulson?
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

Since this thread seems to have been dead for a few months, I just want to remind everyone that season 6 starts in two days!

I kinda thought the show was pretty much dead.
    I imagine this season will be pretty much "Endgame; Requiem."