Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Another ''responsably'' used gun employed to shoot a trespasser.

The air quotes are a dead give away to the still 100% accurate thread-I'm sure the dad absolutely had to keep a loaded handgun under his pillow.

https://nypost.com/2018/11/16/toddle...-himself-cops/
    Last edited by Citizen T; 2018-11-17 at 03:36 PM. Reason: Infracted for spam

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Yes stupid people own Guns. Stupid people also own Cars, Knives, Lighter Fuel, Motorcycles. All things kids can also injure themselves with if around Stupid parents.

What do you want to discuss? A father was irresponsible with his gun and he paid the price in the form of his child's life. And will likely face prison time for negligence.

Not sure what else you think there is to discuss. You don't get to strip away my rights because someone else is a fucktard.
    People working 2 jobs in the US (at least one part-time) - 7.8 Million (Roughly 4.9% of the workforce)

People working 2 full-time jobs in the US - 360,000 (0.2% of the workforce)

Average time worked weekly by the US Workforce - 34.5 hours

10+ Year Old Account
    Down here we have a serious problem with idiots that leave their guns in their unlocked cars. These guns then get stolen. The number was crazy like 75% of stolen guns were from unlocked cars.

Its absolutely stupid, and these people should be charged with something. I dunno what they could be charged with, but something to deter them from doing this stupid shit

>Under pillow

I wonder if the American gun lobby would have any issue with requiring gun safes. I am actually really curious how many accidental and incel-goes-nuts shootings could be prevented if you locked up your guns; don't even ban any of them, just require they be reasonably secured when not carried.
    Last edited by LilSaihah; 2018-11-17 at 04:47 AM.
    If you are particularly bold, you could use a Shiny Ditto. Do keep in mind though, this will infuriate your opponents due to Ditto's beauty. Please do not use Shiny Ditto. You have been warned.

Quote Originally Posted by Kapadons View Post
    What do you want to discuss? A father was irresponsible with his gun and he paid the price in the form of his child's life. And will likely face prison time for negligence.

Not sure what else you think there is to discuss. You don't get to strip away my rights because someone else is a fucktard.
    Oh no, that's the beauty of it : charges are discussed.

Quote Originally Posted by sarahtasher View Post
    Oh no, that's the beauty of it : charges are discussed.
    ok.... and ?????
    People working 2 jobs in the US (at least one part-time) - 7.8 Million (Roughly 4.9% of the workforce)

7+ Year Old Account
    Currently 47°, -122° ... Originally 53°, -9°
    The air quotes are a dead give away to the still 100% accurate thread
    Not really? They were just the dead give away that you still can't spell for shit.

"Responsibly."

You know browsers have spell check, right?

Quote Originally Posted by LilSaihah View Post
    >Under pillow

I wonder if the American gun lobby would have any issue with requiring gun safes. I am actually really curious how many accidental and incel-goes-nuts shootings could be prevented if you locked up your guns; don't even ban any of them, just require they be reasonably secured when not carried.
    As a gun owner, I have no issues with making a gun safe a legal requirement to own guns. Issue is the implementation and policing of such a policy.

Deleted
    can we ust not have 'Another member of the well regulated militia' megathread

The air quotes are a dead give away to the still 100% accurate thread-I'm sure the dad absolutely had to keep a loaded handgun under his pillow.

https://nypost.com/2018/11/16/toddle...-himself-cops/
    People have DUIs and kill others pretty often in the world as well. I guess we should take all cars away from people. Also you probably shouldn't be mocking someone in your OP and misspell the word you're trying to use to mock them.

as far as I'm aware:

Georgia law does not penalize a person who negligently stores a firearm, even if a minor gains access to it.

Quote Originally Posted by Kapadons View Post
    As a gun owner, I have no issues with making a gun safe a legal requirement to own guns. Issue is the implementation and policing of such a policy.
    The problem I have with that is how extreme they can get with it. In canada we have to have our guns in a locked safe with a trigger lock and the ammo locked away separate , making a gun completely useless for home defense if you follow those laws. That being said even if you shot an intruder raping your wife in canada you would still go to jail for murder ----CAUSE REASONS!!!!!!----

Quote Originally Posted by ohwell View Post
    People have DUIs and kill others pretty often in the world as well. I guess we should take all cars away from people. Also you probably shouldn't be mocking someone in your OP and misspell the word you're trying to use to mock them.
    Guess what happens to people who are cought, ignoring speed limits, DUI, crossing at red traffic lights and so on. Even if no damage was caused? If you crossly missbehave on the road, you can kiss your license goodbye. And if something is damaged, or people are injured/ killed you have your license taken away as well, and face criminal charges.

Oh and if you decide, to drive anyway without license, you also go to jail.

People who compare guns to cars or knives are fucking retarded.

One takes effort to kill someone, the other doesn’t

The Unstoppable Force Ghostpanther's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by LilSaihah View Post
    >Under pillow

I would. Each home has different environments and thus the level of safe storage required will vary. I have no issues however with stiff penalties for gun owners who do not keep their weapons secured from unauthorized use. This case is one of simple unsafe gun storage and if children are present in the home, more steps need to be taken then say a couple or single person who has no children present.
    " If destruction be our lot, we must ourselves be its author and finisher.." - Abraham Lincoln
    The Constitution be never construed to authorize Congress to - prevent the people of the United States, who are peaceable citizens, from keeping their own arms..” - Samuel Adams

It's a tragedy. RIP

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

I still can't figure out why you think putting misspellings in quotes is a compelling or amusing framing of anything.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ghostpanther View Post
    I would. Each home has different environments and thus the level of safe storage required will vary. I have no issues however with stiff penalties for gun owners who do not keep their weapons secured from unauthorized use. This case is one of simple unsafe gun storage and if children are present in the home, more steps need to be taken then say a couple or single person who has no children present.
    Yeah, this seems moderately obvious to me. I'm in favor of fairly strict liability standards given the potential for harm, but I'm also in favor of allowing room for human judgment. A rural couple with no children in the home being required to keep a rifle in a safe seems comically absurd when a standard cabinet is perfectly fine.

Quote Originally Posted by XangXu View Post
    People who compare guns to cars or knives are fucking retarded.

One takes effort to kill someone, the other doesn’t
    Yeah wtf. Saying "having access to guns is fine because people also have access to knives and cars" is one line away from saying "having access to nuclear weapon is fine because so many people have access to guns".

Cars are made to ride.
    Knives are made to slice.

Just because both of them can also be used to kill, doesnt mean its their main purpose.

Meanwhile... guns are made to kill. End of story.

Dont ever compare a gun to any other object that can kill, but killing is not its main purpose. At least dont if you're not an idiot.

I like how strawmanning aficionados try to push their hoplophobic agenda by calling irresponsible gun owners responsible.