Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Cool. We're getting generic armor race sets in 8.1. What about 8.2?

I don't about the rest of you, but I still miss class-specific tier armor.

In 8.1. we get race sets. Awesome, long awaited really. What about 8.2.? I'm expecting three generic sets, and a pat on the back at best.

By 8.3. I expect class-specific armor to be another "nostalgic" memory.

Yeah, I am disappointed by sets so far. They said not having to make tier sets would give the artists room for other stuff but so far all we've seen next to the very disappointing and generic raid sets are the 2-4 heritage armors per patch for the the new allied and the classic races.

Even if these are looking good. They are not looking "took five times as long as raid tier armor" good.

Gnome and Tauren in 8.2, confirmed at blizzcon.

Get over it. The race sets are looking better than anything they've done class wise in years.
    World needs more Goblin Warriors https://i.imgur.com/WKs8aJA.jpg

Class sets may return in 9.0, but only if blizzard listened to the feedback which i doubt.
    Maybe we get a set somewhere in the next addon as part of a new magetower challenge, but i think they are more likely to give classes things like quivers and librams. Its less work and its more generic to fit every specc.

7+ Year Old Account
    Gnomes and tauren are up for 8.2

Formerly known as Arafal

Quote Originally Posted by Foolicious View Post
    Class sets may return in 9.0, but only if blizzard listened to the feedback which i doubt.
    Maybe we get a set somewhere in the next addon as part of a new magetower challenge, but i think they are more likely to give classes things like quivers and librams. Its less work and its more generic to fit every specc.

They did say atblizzcon or one of the q&a’s after that class ones will probably be back. I’d imagine they’re doing the heritage armors this pack and they’ll be gone with the next one. Kinda like artifact weapons.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Debased View Post

In 8.1. we get race sets. Awesome, long awaited really. What about 8.2.? I'm expecting three generic sets, and a pat on the back at best.

Honestly, with how weird the class armor started to look, I'm fine with them doing non-class armor and just go with whatever the theme of the content is.

Deleted
    Nothing wrong about a bit of variety. We had 20 or so class sets. We can have a few race/faction based ones before going back.

Yes and no. I miss the class identity that came with earlier tier sets. However, for the last half of the game, the tier sets have mostly been a disappointment. Every new tier set I'm like, really, this is what they went with? And especially since they introduced the Mythic gear to be the cool versions and gave stale knock-off versions of tier sets to the other difficulties.

At the very least, the "generic" armor sets are transmoggable across toons with the same gear type which is cool, and the gearset even changes across faction. For example, I earned all my 7th Legion pieces on my Alliance Druid and now I have an awesome Honorbound transmog set on my Horde DH. So, there are some benefits. I imagine the Naga themed gear is going to look pretty cool in 8.2.

Blizzard speak in very deliberate ways sometimes. What they said at Blizzcon about Class-themed sets coming back later means in 9.0.

I love the sets from most of Legion and all sets from BfA. Dont really care if they are categorized based on armor type, race, faction or class.

I barely like any from previous expansions. There were some that stand out here and there, but generally they look ridiculous and cheap cosplay material.
    Quote Originally Posted by munkeyinorbit View Post
    Blizzard do what the players want all the time.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Debased View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Toppy View Post

Get over it. The race sets are looking better than anything they've done class wise in years.
    That's great, but not how all others feel, my Included. This to me feels like an excuse to do less work at Blizzard, because sets might've looked shite for the past 10 ish tier sets, but they try? And hell, the horde/alliance themed armor sets you get from 7th Legion/Honorbound related stuff looks great by Itself, better than any armors I've seen in the past few years, the weapons alone don't look bad.

It is a shame TIER sets are gone, and they should definitely bring them back cause they're taking things away that they think are just old and outdated Ideas and forget how useful and good they actually bloody are, which just shows their "Modern" mentality for WoW Isn't working and should slowly start reverting back, slowly but surely to get people used to the old stuff again, tier sets, normal gear progression without artifact bullship,
    Permabanned on WoW since April 14th 2015, main acc I had since vanilla gone and trashed for no good reason, 6+ years later still banned with more appeals resulting in my BATTLENET games being suspended for a month eachtime I try making TICKETS because I'm asking for help with the perma ban. Blizzard has stopped caring for their first veteran players and would rather we leave, considering the Lawsuit, can you afford to keep peps banned even for so long under questionable circumstances?

I'm looking forward to seeing the other un-announced heritage sets, don't really have an opinion on the class specific sets versus the standard sets for armor types. If its a case of not wanting to spend time making tier sets and the heritage, they did manage to do class order hall sets and tier sets in Legion, just throwing that out there.

In some cases sure...but even still...not many race sets are better than top tier class sets.

7+ Year Old Account
    With the exception of DHs and Monks, there's been a huge amount of Class based tier sets for 10+ years. What's really been lacking in the game has been racial armor sets for a very very long time so I'm glad we're finally getting those in spades, for all armor types as well and available in various recolors.

It's only for 1 expansion too that they've said numerous times they are not dealing with tier set looks, and the armor sets themed after raids is a great idea. It is a shame both can't happen (class armor and raid theme armor), but there's only so much their artists can do in a given time. But again, they said they're trying this out for BFA only. You can expect Class tier set looks to make a return in their next expansion.

Not to mention that leveling gear/dungeon gear doesn't look like ass anymore either. I like the general idea of how they've spread out great looking armor.

Besides I agree with some of what Blizzard has said that a "Fel based Mage set" ends up looking like a Warlock. Which is honestly redundant given that we can obtain Tier looks of other classes already, so I'm on board with giving their artists creative breaks so that when they come back around to making tier sets the creative juices can flow well again.

This could truly pass as a Warlock tier set: Mage Tier 19

This could pass as a Mage tier set: Priest Tier 19

This passes as a DK set: Warrior Tier 19

This could work as some alternative Paladin set: Warrior Tier 21

I don't mind 'generic' armor, but then there need to be multiple that you can play with. Like with interchangable parts that still look they belong together.
    I'm an altoholic since 2005.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    We had Vanilla + 6 expansions with class specific transmog. Can't we have just one focused on faction/race?

Imo Blizz should designate some people from art team to just make HD updates of existing armor.

Deleted
    Have to agree. Warfront and Heritage armor sets are looking a lot better than most racial Tier sets.

I don't agree; I think the gnome sets look retarded personally. I've played gnomes only for 14 years and I won't be bothering getting their heritage set.

They always find ways to cut corners and decrease the amount of work they need to do. Soon we will just have 4 sets, one for each armor proficiency.