Dumbo - 2019 Remake

Dumbo - 2019 Remake

Well i just saw the trailer for the remake of one of my fave Disney films of all times and i must say though it does look good it better have Timothy Q. Mouse and the Crows singing in it!!

Michelle Pfeiffer is missing but atleast we got Danny with a giant Hat.

They will not recreate the scene when they were rolling around drunk and high as a kite, dreaming of soap-bubbles elephants.
    Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    I'm fine with a mafia. Of course, the mafia families often worked with independent third parties in order to maintain relations.

10+ Year Old Account
    I haven't liked a single one of these live action Disney remakes so far... I am not sure what it is, they have all been missing something. That sort of magic I that I love about Disney movies maybe? No idea they just don;t feel very 'Disney' to me, if that makes sense?
    I love Warcraft, I dislike WoW

Unsubbed since January 2021, now a Warcraft fan from a distance

Quote Originally Posted by segara82 View Post
    They will not recreate the scene when they were rolling around drunk and high as a kite, dreaming of soap-bubbles elephants.
    Pretty sure the crows were first to be chopped but yeah, that scene is probably out, too.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Orby View Post
    I haven't liked a single one of these live action Disney remakes so far... I am not sure what it is, they have all been missing something. That sort of magic I that I love about Disney movies maybe? No idea they just don;t feel very 'Disney' to me, if that makes sense?
    It's not you. These movies are all... weird.

Now the effects, costumes, music etc are overall rather impressive, but Disney has always been good with that.

The issue is the stories, and often the actors. A living person will never be able to stand up to an animated character and a good voice actor, because there is so much more you can do with animation, and blending actors with CGI kind of destroys the magic, because you always know that it is fake. No matter how good the CGI is, your brain resists the notion that the Beast next to Belle is real. With classical animation, it is all abstract. Your brain accepts the fact that you indulge in fiction and stops to rationolize it.

It also doesn't help that all the movies so far have been bloody awefull in themselves.

10+ Year Old Account
    Every time I hear "Dumbo" I think of Operation Dumbo Drop
    10850k (10c 20t) @ all-core 5GHz @ 1.250v | EVGA 3080 FTW3 Ultra Gaming | 32GB DDR4 3200 | 1TB M.2 OS/Game SSD | 4TB 7200RPM Game HDD | 10TB 7200 RPM Storage HDD | ViewSonic XG2703-GS - 27" IPS 1440p 165Hz Native G-Sync | HP Reverb G2 VR Headset

Quote Originally Posted by Skulltaker View Post
    It also doesn't help that all the movies so far have been bloody awefull in themselves.
    Maybe it is because I have a kid and watch them 123423234123121x a day, but I found Jungle Book and Beauty and the Beast to be extremely good live action movies.

Yeah if they are gonna take out the crows singing and the drunk scene then easy pass for me.

The whole drunk scene was probably one of the best bits of that entire movie.

Quote Originally Posted by CerealLord View Post
    Maybe it is because I have a kid and watch them 123423234123121x a day, but I found Jungle Book and Beauty and the Beast to be extremely good live action movies.
    I've only seen a recap of JB, but that was enough for me. Maybe if it makes its way to Netflix.

As for BatB: I think this movie failed in almost every single aspect, allthough I'd have to ask in what language you saw it, because apperantly the version where it isn't Emma Watson singing are considerably better. As for my criticism: They made additions to the story that make no sense, Emma Watson manages to make Belle the dislikable character on the same screen as Gaston, there's no chemistry inbetween her and the beast, they botch all the interesting moments the movie has, and the singing is god damn awefull. And seeing how it is a musical, that was kind of important to me.

I did like Gaston and LeFou, they were overall much better than the original, and I like that they gave Belles father a bigger role, he was a highlight in the movie.

Buuuuut we're derailing the thread.

I'm just not a Tim burton fan. Every movie he makes is the same. Colin Farrell is a terrible actor. He automatically makes a movie worse. Surprised to see Johnny Depp isn't in it either. I didn't mind beauty and the beast. The casting was a good and it was very well done. Dumbo looks to gritty, dark, and abstract. More like a DC film.

[Banhammer, Kungen's Bane]

1.60 sp mace
    150 str
    268 sta
    77 defense
    80 dodge
    93 parry
    "As you look upon the mace, you hear the whining of a thousand fanboys. Something deep with in your soul makes it impossible to think anything but 'lol.'"

10+ Year Old Account
    Tim Burton directs this, so I will pass.
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis

Oh good, they chopped the crows. Can't say I'll miss them at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Dead Moose Fandango View Post
    Oh good, they chopped the crows. Can't say I'll miss them at all.
    The crows were the best part especially the very clever song they sing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Dumbo on a bad trip lol

The Unstoppable Force RobertoCarlos's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Looks a lot better than Aladdin.

Colin Farrell one arm horse riding, im ready
    Suri Cruise and Katie Holmes are SP's.

Man I rewound my tape back so many times as a kid to rewatch that drunk scene with my little brother. It was a thing of absolute madness that stuck with you. A lot of crazy creativity went into that one.

As for this Dumbo remake, I really don't like that they gave humans rather than talking animals the starring roles. Feels like a whole other universe now. I'll stick with the original.