Lightbulb Collectors edition with beta/ early access?

You guys think we might get a collectors edition we can pre-order? maby with some beta access or something like that ?
    I recall i pre-orderer wow back in the day and got some beta access along with it.

maby even get a few days or a week head start on classic wow when it launches? would be a nice way to spread out the people in the first weeks.

I would gladly pay for a collectors edition with some cool stuff and a nice looking box, preffer a copy of the old ofc! #NOchanges

I highly doubt there will be a physical release

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vilendor View Post
    Would be fun if they released a physical media with 5 discs like it used to be xD

Deleted
    I still have the original box with manual and all.
    I would probably pay a new "collector's edition" physical or digital release, if it was coming with beta test access but not with an insane price tag of over 50$.

This.

There's no point, really. It'll be like Warcraft: Reforged, or most modern games, just a digital release. They have no real reason release it physically.
    "There is no end to education. It is not that you read a book, pass an examination, and finish with education. The whole of life, from the moment you are born to the moment you die, is a process of learning." by Jiddu Krishnamurti, Philosopher and Educator

Deleted
    Early access in your dreams man.. Dont think you'll be able to buy anything other than an active sub.. Not even sure if you can purchase the world of warcraft without any expansions attached at this point.

That would make the game pay to win. You would get a huge advantage over people that wouldn't pre-order.

But... everyone would pre-order anyway, since literally everyone is gonna play this game to be better than other people, that was the point of Vanilla. It's the reason people like new private servers, to get a head-start on others.

If you think you'd be one of the few to pre-order, you don't know the Classic community.

They tried selling guaranteed beta access with pre-orders and committing to purchasing a year's game time with MoP. It ended up being a total disaster, because there were more people that signed up than they wanted/were able to get into beta at first, and they had to stagger it out and some people that pre-ordered/bought the "early access" didn't actually get it until months after others. They also commented about how it delayed the expansion release cycle because they ended up having to have a bigger beta than they wanted to. After that shit show, I highly doubt they try something like that ever again.

Highly doubt there'd be any cost at all for the actual game-client, even less likely a Collectors edition. I'm expecting the sub to be the only thing you pay for to play classic.

Don't see how they can defend making people pay for a game they released 14 years ago that they're just re-releasing. It's not like it's Warcraft 3: reforged where they're actually releasing a different game. It's WoW: Classic. Same game, just 14 years later.

Why would I buy a game that I ALREDY HAVE IN MY BOOKSHELF?

I can see however them releasing some kind of bundle with behind-the-scenes material, recreating wow, books, stories, extras etc. The community want #NOCHANGES, why would they mess with that and for example release an eddition with a new in-game pet, that didn't exist back in Vanilla

Could also be that they'd do a "sub for 12 months and get Vanilla beta access"- campaign maybe. But as someone said above, they've done it before, and it kinda fucked things up on the beta.

Quote Originally Posted by Ansto View Post
    It's not like it's Warcraft 3: reforged where they're actually releasing a different game. It's WoW: Classic. Same game, just 14 years later.
    Warcraft 3: Reforged is the same game with updated graphics and optimized engine.. It's still the same old engine, it's still the same game, they just put a new skin on it. Classic is exactly the same, optimized engine and slightly better graphics (dat grass tho).

Quote Originally Posted by adamzz View Post
    Warcraft 3: Reforged is the same game with updated graphics and optimized engine.. It's still the same old engine, it's still the same game, they just put a new skin on it. Classic is exactly the same, optimized engine and slightly better graphics (dat grass tho).
    Still, I'm pretty sure most would say there's a difference between the two.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by adamzz View Post
    Actually, some parts are updated in Warcraft 3: Reforged, to match in with todays lore.

I would gladly buy the collectors edition if they were to release it, beta access or not.

Quote Originally Posted by Vanaheimr View Post
    Actually, some parts are updated in Warcraft 3: Reforged, to match in with todays lore.
    In a few places, Reforged’s singleplayer campaign is being altered to reflect canon established in World of Warcraft. So far, the most notable example of this is that the Culling of Stratholme mission has been changed to make the city of Stratholme resemble its appearance in WoW.
    If the most notable change to the lore is how Stratholme looks then I would still say that it's the same game but with updated graphics. Oh shit, Stratholme looks different it's a completely new game nothing like the game before it.

Certainly I'd prefer they did a 60$ collectors edition with a once-in-a-lifetime (lol) opportunity to get a pet in WoW (BfA obv), a banner in Diablo, a spray in Heroes of the storm and I dunno a heroic pose in OW and launch night access to classic and everyone else had to wait 2-3 days rather than they implement sharding

But I'm set to be disappointed
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    Posting here is primarily a way to strengthen your own viewpoint against common counter-arguments.

Of course there will be. Starcraft Remastered had one and one of the most popular games in the world and the most popular @ Blizzard won't have one? You are out of your mind to think so.

Quote Originally Posted by Grizzelbar View Post
    I would gladly buy the collectors edition if they were to release it, beta access or not.
    Same here, I'd love a collectors edition!

Quote Originally Posted by satella View Post
    That would make the game pay to win. You would get a huge advantage over people that wouldn't pre-order.

"huge advantage" ?

m8, vanilla is almost 15 years old, literally every tiny little aspect of the game is thoroughly studied and documented. Beta access will not give you any """""huge advantage""""" at all. And what "advantage" are we even talking about? WoW is not a competitive game, the only real "competitive" things are PvP ranks (which, beta will have no effect on) and getting realm first raid kills (which, again, beta does not affect, and who even gives a fuck about "firsts" in a re-release of a 15 year old game)

Calling it "pay2win" only makes me 99% sure that you're trolling.