Quote Originally Posted by dope_danny View Post
    Thats kind of every hand/land job though really. It feels like a side thing to do when bored and not requiring any expansions for it means everyone can play it and have some solo fun or play with friends and do some silly shit instead of eureka or something. God knows if they put it in roullette the 'you dont have ability X, gtfo' would occur because mmo players.
    Then make the requirement for using the random roulette to have every BLU ability learnt.

Simple.

Imo anything post 30 should require your job unless in a premade group. You get that very rare occasion in higher end content with someone coming in as a class and thinking they are funny.

70 content should require your 70 job quest done on w/e job you queue as since there is powerful spells behind it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    70 content should require your 70 job quest done on w/e job you queue as since there is powerful spells behind it.
    I healed plenty an expert w/o my 70 AST job skill. No issues detected.

10+ Year Old Account
    I secretly hope that GUN is a melee dps class. Sorry...
    Tikki tikki tembo, Usagi no Yojimbo, chari bari ruchi pip peri pembo!

Quote Originally Posted by Turbotef View Post
    GUN will be like RDM but instead of being a ranged going melee to do some stuff, it will be a melee going ranged to do some stuff.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MrTharne View Post
    GUN will be like RDM but instead of being a ranged going melee to do some stuff, it will be a melee going ranged to do some stuff.
    Pretty much what I expect tbh. Well find out in the coming Fan Fest events.
    Tikki tikki tembo, Usagi no Yojimbo, chari bari ruchi pip peri pembo!

Then make the requirement for using the random roulette to have every BLU ability learnt.

Simple.

Imo anything post 30 should require your job unless in a premade group. You get that very rare occasion in higher end content with someone coming in as a class and thinking they are funny.

Or at least a bare minimum of specific spells. Not being able to use it in Duty Finder is a big let down. I get it, based on how the system is currently designed, but they could "fix" that by giving BLU additional requirements to being able to use it.

I'm still excited to try it and go out and farm spells and be a BLU, but we'll have to wait and see how it pans out over time. I have a feeling the design will change as far as "limited" is concerned. Because people will level it, and then not really be able to (are have a lot of difficulty) progress the MSQ because they can't use the Duty Finder. Since the only requirement so far is that you have to complete the 2.0 story, that means all of HW and SB could conceivably be done as a BLU, once the level cap is raised.

Doubt it, that would make 3 dps and a healer (maybe) with another 2+ years for a tank, unless they release 3 jobs with SB2.

More tanks and healers please :P

It would make sense to make Gunblader tank job, Thancred was obviously trying to protect the girl in teaser video. I wonder if she's Dancer and they'll show their combination in later video.
    Quote Originally Posted by anaxie View Post
    Looking for Raid.
    They never found one though

I just don't like the concept of BLU so far. It feels more like a solo job which doesn't belong in an MMO.
    I've been saying this a lot recently, but the Lone Wolf is also a heroic archetype. One that requires you to have other people around you're being stand-offish with. Like Rambo. Or Batman.

Mechanically it sounds as though BLU will be able to completely break some enounters. To a certain kind of player, coming up with an interesting stratergy that will, say, allow them to solo a dungeon or a raid is far more appealing than group play.

Quote Originally Posted by StrawberryZebra View Post
    I've been saying this a lot recently, but the Lone Wolf is also a heroic archetype. One that requires you to have other people around you're being stand-offish with. Like Rambo. Or Batman.

Mechanically it sounds as though BLU will be able to completely break some enounters. To a certain kind of player, coming up with an interesting stratergy that will, say, allow them to solo a dungeon or a raid is far more appealing than group play.
    They're trying something that really hasn't been tried (in my memory banks anyway) in an MMO before, it could succeed, or it could fail spectacularly and they have to redo the whole thing and make it a proper job. But all in all, I can't fault them for trying, and it could be awesome.

Yeah but sometimes I wanna do dungeons on my own or my friends aren't online.

I just don't like the concept of BLU so far. It feels more like a solo job which doesn't belong in an MMO.
    It comes off as side content with the gimmick being you play as a BLU. We can just hope it'll be good side content and not something like Eureka.

Quote Originally Posted by Onikaroshi View Post
    Doubt it, that would make 3 dps and a healer (maybe) with another 2+ years for a tank, unless they release 3 jobs with SB2.

More tanks and healers please :P

Adding more tanks and healers won't solve the issue of not enough tanks and healers. I'd imagine most don't want to do either role due to the added responsibility and/or how toxic people can be towards both especially with the expectations of tanks and healers basically being DPS that tank/heal and god forbid you're a new tank and not pulling the entire instance to the next boss.
    Last edited by leviathonlx; 2018-11-18 at 06:56 PM.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Same TBH. I'd play the hell out of it if it was MDPS, I'll probably avoid it if it's Tank.

I dunno, the fact it seems that Thancred is the Soldier rep and not Totally-Not-Gaius makes me hopeful it won't be Tank.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Quote Originally Posted by leviathonlx View Post
    It comes off as side content with the gimmick being you play as a BLU. We can just hope it'll be good side content and not something like Eureka.

Adding more tanks and healers won't solve the issue of not enough tanks and healers. I'd imagine most don't want to do either role due to the added responsibility and/or how toxic people can be towards both especially with the expectations of tanks and healers basically being DPS that tank/heal and god forbid you're a new tank and not pulling the entire instance to the next boss.
    It has nothing to do with the issue of "not enough tanks and healers", its that we want are shiny new things too (i basically only play tank and healer, but mostly tank).

It's not really selfish to want the same thing other people get lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Onikaroshi View Post
    It has nothing to do with the issue of "not enough tanks and healers", its that we want are shiny new things too (i basically only play tank and healer, but mostly tank).

It's not really selfish to want the same thing other people get lol.
    I guess that's a reason. I took 'more healers and tanks' to mean more people healing and tanking.

Quote Originally Posted by leviathonlx View Post
    I guess that's a reason. I took 'more healers and tanks' to mean more people healing and tanking.
    Nah, you can't force people to play styles of gameplay they don't like, and like you said, the community kind of sucks the fun out of pug tanking, so even I usually only do it in premade groups, and heal in pugs.

7+ Year Old Account
    Same I really hope they are a melee dps we currently lack a sword dps class (and no the SAM doesn't count :P) and I figure this is the cool concept to do and share its armor class with the DRG since they currently don't share their armor with anyone else same as the Ninja and till the SAM arrived the MNK

i could see gunblade either being a tank like Gaius or some light armor melee that shares gear with ninja.

10+ Year Old Account
    Personally as some one who almost exclusively tanks I am pretty satisfied with the three flavors of tank we currently have.

I would rather the 3 existing tanks be ironed out more instead of adding a 4th into the mixture.

Quote Originally Posted by Karamaru View Post
    Same I really hope they are a melee dps we currently lack a sword dps class (and no the SAM doesn't count :P)
    What only Europeon style swords count now?

It's an odd day when I am defending the honor of Katanas.
    Last edited by Melsiren; 2018-11-19 at 12:11 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    High elf fans are basically flat-earth society of warcraft lore.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Alleria Windrunner View Post
    I AM the victim.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ralqadar View Post
    Personally as some one who almost exclusively tanks I am pretty satisfied with the three flavors of tank we currently have.

I would rather the 3 existing tanks be ironed out more instead of adding a 4th into the mixture.

What only Europeon style swords count now?

It's an odd day when I am defending the honor of Katanas.
    Yea its a little unfair for me to count out katanas but I hope you get where I am coming from :P , but yea I with you on having just the three tanks for now and flesh them out better them out more since some like the Dark Knight is in a really weird place right now.

And with the the theme of Darkness in the new expac it looks like they are getting plenty of attention in the new expansion.

Quote Originally Posted by Ralqadar View Post

I'm the opposite, I want something new and shiny, DPS got theirs last expansion, I want mine now :P. That said, even though I would be quite upset if we didn't get a tank this go round, the expansion still looks like it could be promising, so it wouldn't kill it for me.... though it would take a lot to kill it with the Abortion Next Door (BfA) looming over everything.