Page 36 of 48 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Nupomaniac View Post
    No you brought up your education. I made a snide remark
    We both know what happened. I just wish you'd debate like a grown up without snide remarks. I respect that you have a different opinion than I do. I don't call you a middle schooler. But I guess that's how things are done here on MMO Champ.

I guess we're done here.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by niil945 View Post
    You didn't explicitly state you weren't going to sub, but you very strongly implied it with this statement:

I mean, clearly you have no actual intention of voting with your wallet like you said you were going to do since you're going to sub anyways. lol
    The whole point is that'd I'd chose to, if I had the option.

I think the price tag is very fair, and actually pretty generous considering that it's included in the regular subscription.
    You cannot do that while stunned.
    You die.
    You are dead.

10+ Year Old Account
    15$ a month is classic. I'm unsubbed right now, 100% going to resub when Classic drops.

#nochanges, I think it should cost whatever it cost back in 2004-2006.

the actual classic client will be free, right ? as in actually $0 ?

Quote Originally Posted by Life-Binder View Post
    the actual classic client will be free, right ? as in actually $0 ?
    Likely, yes. They haven't released any pricing information with regards to the classic client, but since you basically need a retail account to play Classic it's likely they won't have any entrance fee to it. Buy World of Warcraft Retail, get World of Warcraft Classic with it, because they are both part of the same World of Warcraft service.
    Nothing ever bothers Juular.

Quote Originally Posted by Powrprincess View Post
    Title says it all. If I'm one of the few who are only interested in classic, fine I probably won't pay it. To be honest, I think I got it right though. Why pay the full price for a game that is old and you've played it already? Also, I've seen a post somewhere that some costs that can be ascribed to a sub can be reduced. I believe split subs would only be fair to players like me, and hopefully you.
    you are looking at it wrong altogether:
    you pay for the REAL - (I so like this word XD If you watched Blizzcon you know what I'm talking about lol X) game,
    you get classic as a bonus.

Take it or leave it. your choice.
    Last edited by WhiteEagle888; 2018-11-18 at 01:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Aleks0410 View Post
    Why don't you have the option not to sub? Oh that's right, you do. Which means that whole 'vote with your wallet' commentary was all bluster and no substance.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Guardian Bob View Post
    I won't pay full sub cause I have private servers as an alternative. I bought the game I own the game so let me play it already. You wanna charge me $15 a month to play a game that private servers offer for free and most likely better? Nah uh, I know you're doing it cause you're afraid to lose your intellectual property if you don't offer it and defend it. Not because Blizzard realized that people want the game, but because they can't stop private severs cause they've tried and failed. Offer the service for free like every other PC game in existence, except Final Fantasy XIV, but they'll go free to play like everyone else did. I bought it, I own it, and I can prove it.
    Are they asking you to buy the game again? No.
    Did you pay for a Sub back in vanilla? yes.
    Try again...

Deleted
    We both know what happened. I just wish you'd debate like a grown up without snide remarks. I respect that you have a different opinion than I do. I don't call you a middle schooler. But I guess that's how things are done here on MMO Champ.

I guess we're done here.

- - - Updated - - -

You made a stupid remark and got what you deserved for it. Now you are trying to act like a wounded deer. Its kinda pathetic tbh

Quote Originally Posted by Nupomaniac View Post
    You made a stupid remark and got what you deserved for it. Now you are trying to act like a wounded deer. Its kinda pathetic tbh
    It was you who made a stupid remark. Now you're trying to turn it around. You insulted me. Not the other way around.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by niil945 View Post
    Why don't you have the option not to sub? Oh that's right, you do. Which means that whole 'vote with your wallet' commentary was all bluster and no substance.
    It's not bluster and no substance. I said that I'd choose to pay extra for a Vanilla only option. But there's no such option. Blizzard are smart.

Its pretty cheap. They could have charged another 30 Dollars for it because they basically remastered the game. And its for free for everyone that plays wow anyway. This is the best case scenario.
    OP ist just an ungrateful whiner.

Quote Originally Posted by La View Post
    Would you mind explaining how it's fair to charge people $15/m for an old game that was already released, updated, and will not receive any more updates? Explain to me how it's worth $15/m as opposed to being B2P. I think that is straight up robbery and find it hilarious that people don't see it that way. If you already play on the live servers, then sure, it's a steal.

15 dollars a month if your only intent is to play Vanilla, is absolutely ridiculous. But sure, people can keep defending that if they want.
    Because people want the game. They'll pay. Don't forget, blizzard was the one who didn't want to do this in the first place but all the whining for classic and the T_T over Nost got us here.

I don't mind paying for classic but I feel like I have finally passed the WoW addiction phase of itching to play from time to time and I am scared I will be tempted to play retail.

10+ Year Old Account
    All I see is entitled PS babies crying that they want something free that should never be free.

Deleted
    It was you who made a stupid remark. Now you're trying to turn it around. You insulted me. Not the other way around.

- - - Updated - - -

It's not bluster and no substance. I said that I'd choose to pay extra for a Vanilla only option. But there's no such option. Blizzard are smart.
    "I WANNA BUY SOMETHING FOR MORE THEN ITS PRIZE TO GET LESS".

Sure. You keep believing thats not a stupid remark mr. electrical engineering guy

Quote Originally Posted by Coronius View Post
    I think the price tag is very fair, and actually pretty generous considering that it's included in the regular subscription.
    Yer for the people who have a sub all ready, rip off if you only want access to classic tho.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Roar-Powah View Post
    Yer for the people who have a sub all ready, rip off if you only want access to classic tho.
    How is it a ripoff?

Quote Originally Posted by Roar-Powah View Post
    Vanilla Sub was ~$15 a month.
    Classic sub will be ~$15 a month...plus you get access to "retail" at the same time.

Seems like a pretty good deal.
    “The biggest communication problem is we do not listen to understand. We listen to reply,” Stephen Covey.

For those concerned with being seen as supporting BfA it is pretty simple, never log into retail. Blizzard has metrics of what players do in their games, it would be silly to think they can't see that you only log into Classic.

As far as what shareholders see, they will see that WoW is making money, and if lots of players are on Classic and it does well they will note that. Blizzard likes to brag, so if they get X number of players on Classic they will state that. Having it all lumped into one is good for Classic tbh, because once the numbers start to slip ( and they will ), it's far easier to keep supporting it without outside pressure.