Page 15 of 33 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by miwonehema View Post
    No, you're still wrong because we've been using the same talents since level 100, 110 for DH.

Titanforging is a gear discussion. not a single fuck to do with talents. Take your L and go.
    But asserite armor is also irrelevant to this thread since it can't titanforge/warforge/socket/tertiary.

I think you and I can take our Ls and call it day.
    Last edited by Beefkow; 2018-11-18 at 08:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Beefkow View Post
    But asserite armor is also irrelevant to this thread since it can't titanforge/warforge/socket/tertiary.

I think you and I can take our Ls and call it day.
    Nope, because azerite is an integral part to gearing, whereas talents are not. Azerite is part of gear progression, which this thread is about.
    funny enough, you also brought up azerite in your post

- - - Updated - - -

How?

Just pulling off an example....

I am a prot warrior and the way talents are designed there is only 1 viable build or talent that I can pick. https://www.icy-veins.com/wow/protec...builds-talents. Yes I am using icy-veins as an example because the top and best players give their take on what "path" you should take. Just looking at that screen is an absolute eyesore, Xs and ?s are all over the place.

On top of talents not being functional, asserite armor is just a garbage concept, period. The bolded statement is not subjective or argumentative, it's a fact. There is nothing exciting about asserite armor, just find the BIS piece that you can find and sim it. You can choose to like it, that's fine, but the whole asserite system is supposed to make up for losing legendaries, set bonuses, and spells we had since classic rolled into talents.

There is no customization, there is no choice or character progression, all of what makes you the character you're mean't to be is on a piece of rental gear. You can go ahead and choose a different route and pick different talents or builds, but i'll tell you right now.

You're not going anywhere and nobody is going to like you.
    this one

like, pls

Nope, because azerite is an integral part to gearing, whereas talents are not. Azerite is part of gear progression, which this thread is about.
    funny enough, you also brought up azerite in your post
    I bring up azerite armor in regards to your comment,
    gear/char progression has been the most diverse it has ever been but ok, cya
    since it's apparently part of character progression, which it shouldn't.

But I also bring up talents into this equation because it's a vital part of character progression, I honestly didn't really care what the topic of this thread was at the time, just simply replying to your comment, that's it.

10+ Year Old Account
    I like my grinds to have a stopping point so I can sit back and enjoy the fruits of my labor. With TF there is no stopping point.

Yeah I'm cool with that. But that's just me. It just doesn't affect me in any kind of way. Except maybe a positive one.

Quote Originally Posted by HuxNeva View Post
    Unless you have extreme OCD, in which case you have far more serious problems than WoW, you can make a 'BiS' list adapted to your farming tolerance easily by going to AskMrRobot's optimizer, select a generic character for you spec, select the sources you are willing to use/farm, and put in an ilvl treshold relative to your farming content and endurance (I would recommend never to go higher than +5 ilvl above or +10 if you are an insane grinder), and out rolls your BiS checklist. And before you go "but AMR isn't good", remember that it is still better and up to date than the non situational generic uncapped non level adapted 'BiS' list you used back in time (shocker: your BiS list wasn't really BiS most of the time).

The whole concept of BiS is shallow. We now have a far richer gearing meta game than we ever had before Legion. But if you want to personally dumb it down, be my guest.
    You know what, I was writing a long answer to counter your arguments, but then I realised that (truly or not) you are so much away from where I am standing with your false statements (BiS lists not really being BiS lists, even though there were multiple lists entirely based on what content you were doing) and hand-waving nonsense (I have OCD because in a gear-progression game I want to have the BiS items for my characters ) that it would be pointless.

I bring up azerite armor in regards to your comment, since it's apparently part of character progression, which it shouldn't.

But I also bring up talents into this equation because it's a vital part of character progression, I honestly didn't really care what the topic of this thread was at the time, just simply replying to your comment, that's it.
    And you failed

anyway peace

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Fkiolaris View Post
    You know what, I was writing a long answer to counter your arguments, but then I realised that (truly or not) you are so much away from where I am standing with your false statements (BiS lists not really being BiS lists, even though there were multiple lists entirely based on what content you were doing) and hand-waving nonsense (I have OCD because in a gear-progression game I want to have the BiS items for my characters ) that it would be pointless.
    you can have all the items on a bis list. you were NEVER able to acquire perfect gear

(if you think the statements counter each other out you prob never had mythic raids on legit farm, there was always some new piece of math that shifted around what the bis was)
    Last edited by miwonehema; 2018-11-18 at 09:38 PM.

Eh I don't find titanforging that bad. Probably no one has every quit because their item became better than they thought it was going to be. If people are getting mad cause other people are getting better loot just don't display loot, would be more personal if you didn't broadcast it. It does scatter/destroy players being able to focus on gear though, but gear shouldn't be the focus of players anyway. Learning their class better and the mechanics they are going to encounter should be. Main problem with titanforging is that blizzard probably tunes things based on it which negates its purpose anyway. Titanforging is really more a tuning problem and not a gear problem. Would probably be better to not have it if blizzard tunes for it gearing wise. If they tune for a person having even 1 piece of gear higher than they should it defeats the purpose of the entire system. If your afraid that titanforging will make content to easy for the top end of players just don't turn it on til after the world first on that raid tier.

i think its dumb.

I've been doing +10 regularly now for the last few weeks and I'm fully 370 equipped.

Some people I know have been doing exactly the same as I do / did, and they're edging on 380 or even above. The difference is that I don't have TF luck on my side. This is depressing as fuck.

does 370 content
    isnt higher than 370
    becomes depressed about it

???????????

Quote Originally Posted by StayTuned View Post
    i think its dumb.

I've been doing +10 regularly now for the last few weeks and I'm fully 370 equipped.

Some people I know have been doing exactly the same as I do / did, and they're edging on 380 or even above. The difference is that I don't have TF luck on my side. This is depressing as fuck.
    Part of the reason why I hate titanforging :/

does 370 content
    isnt higher than 370
    becomes depressed about it

???????????
    doing what I do should award you with 370, or titanforging should be much more common. At least if going above +10 would increase the chance of an item to procc TF, then I'd actually be inclined to do more.

Now I'm just doing the same content that we learned by heart for the chance of getting a procc. That's so lame.

Quote Originally Posted by StayTuned View Post
    doing what I do should award you with 370, or titanforging should be much more common. At least if going above +10 would increase the chance of an item to procc TF, then I'd actually be inclined to do more.

Now I'm just doing the same content that we learned by heart for the chance of getting a procc. That's so lame.
    so you aren't doing things because you like them, but because you're hoping for a proc? interesting interesting

so you aren't doing things because you like them, but because you're hoping for a proc? interesting interesting
    Like it? I liked it while it was new. Now I either fish for proccs or I dont log in at all. My goal is to do the highest content i can within my available time in order to get the best gear possible. Achieving that goal is fun. But not when it's locked behind rng in top of rng on a content i have finished already.

I don't have a problem with mythic raiders getting 385. But if blizzard wants to lock m+ at 370, that should be it.

Why not just go up to +15 for baseline 385? Then I'd actually bother trying.

well have fun driving yourself crazy

Quote Originally Posted by Babadoo View Post
    It affects me because it inflates the ilvl. If they are so many people better geared than you that run the same or less content then it's less likely for you to get into grps because your ilvl lag behind by 5-10 ilvl. And you can be doing 10x times more content then they are and still because of your bad luck be behind them. That's the problem.
    That's also exceedingly unlikely to happen. 1 in a million having better gear than you through sheer luck isn't going to cause significant issues.

Quote Originally Posted by Hey There Guys its Metro View Post
    What do I think? That this is not something anyone should be surprised by?
    All the systems in the game are built around the idea, and a vast majority of the issue presented by the system is wholly a psychological issue and not a game play one.

Think about every major complaint people bring up and you'll come to realize it all deals with their PERCEPTION of the issue, not the issue itself.

The only objective critique I can think of is that it adds way too much valuable gear into the game, and that makes the game easier than it should be.
    But you never see people talking about that, because they obviously aren't willing to think about giving up what they have already to make the game have better pacing and more control of the progression.

Ion said it best though.
    Titanforging is too rare for anyone to be this upset about.
    If you think you need a titanforge for the item to be an upgrade, then you are either doing the wrong content or you have an unhealthy perspective.

You still get 385 gear from Mythic raiding every time a boss dies.
    You just also have a chance to get 400.
    Not sure why that's so hard to comprehend but at this point I have to feel like Blizzard needs to employ psychologists instead of game designers.
    It seems like every major issue the game "has" is all based on how it "feels" instead of the actual design of it.
    Master loot was removed because of certain perception.
    So it's double standard to deal with one perception and not the other.

Makes me sad. It's up there with one of the worst systems ever implemented in the game.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by OneWay View Post
    Nice misinterpretation.
    I mean it's transparent, if you can't see it I don't know what to tell you.

Quote Originally Posted by Mush View Post
    Makes me sad. It's up there with one of the worst systems ever implemented in the game.

- - - Updated - - -
    Which one are you speaking of?

Quote Originally Posted by Jinzuru View Post
    Which one are you speaking of?
    wf/tf