Page 37 of 48 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Guardian Bob View Post
    I won't pay full sub cause I have private servers as an alternative. I bought the game I own the game so let me play it already. You wanna charge me $15 a month to play a game that private servers offer for free and most likely better? Nah uh, I know you're doing it cause you're afraid to lose your intellectual property if you don't offer it and defend it. Not because Blizzard realized that people want the game, but because they can't stop private severs cause they've tried and failed. Offer the service for free like every other PC game in existence, except Final Fantasy XIV, but they'll go free to play like everyone else did. I bought it, I own it, and I can prove it.
    Enjoy blizzard Shutting down Private servers much faster than before since they will not offer a direct service thus closing any loopholes servers might have also I think that Blizzard may want to go the route that Nintendo went and Sue the living fuck out of the people running the servers I mean Nintendo made around 12M from a couple distributing ROMs.
    "How you build your character is not a feature of a MMORPG, it is the feature. Everything else is secondary even the gameplay itself is secondary to building your character, its the kind of stuff you think about when you are at work or school and couldnt wait to go home to play WoW or Diablo 2. We have all done it." ~Into, 2016

Quote Originally Posted by Nupomaniac View Post
    How is it a ripoff?
    It's not. People are honestly delusional.

Quote Originally Posted by Xecks View Post
    they are bringing us the full experience as it was. including the sub cost.

to think otherwise is silly.
    Not really. There will be changes. Sharding (DansGame) is one of them. Not confirmed, but pretty much implied heavily.

Quote Originally Posted by Deventh View Post
    Not really. There will be changes. Sharding (DansGame) is one of them. Not confirmed, but pretty much implied heavily.
    If Blizzard is believed then it won't last past a couple of weeks. Which means it is a change that will have a short existence.

Quote Originally Posted by Life-Binder View Post
    the actual classic client will be free, right ? as in actually $0 ?
    We have not had actual confirmation yet, but i feel like if it was going to cost, they would have announced so when they announced it would be baked into the current sub.
    if anything is going to cost anything it may have a collectors edition for like 10$ that gets you the choice of the panda, little diablo, or zergling pet, like the vanilla collectors edition had.

- - - Updated - - -

They literally confirmed sharding will be in the game.
    however only in the starting zones and for a week to a few weeks tops to deal with the massive influx of players all playing at once.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Hablion View Post
    Enjoy blizzard Shutting down Private servers much faster than before since they will not offer a direct service thus closing any loopholes servers might have also I think that Blizzard may want to go the route that Nintendo went and Sue the living fuck out of the people running the servers I mean Nintendo made around 12M from a couple distributing ROMs.
    That and servers have said they will shut themselves down one classic goes live.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Armourboy View Post
    For those concerned with being seen as supporting BfA it is pretty simple, never log into retail. Blizzard has metrics of what players do in their games, it would be silly to think they can't see that you only log into Classic.

As far as what shareholders see, they will see that WoW is making money, and if lots of players are on Classic and it does well they will note that. Blizzard likes to brag, so if they get X number of players on Classic they will state that. Having it all lumped into one is good for Classic tbh, because once the numbers start to slip ( and they will ), it's far easier to keep supporting it without outside pressure.
    Dont play modern and it will show on their metrics
    dont buy the expansion, it will show ontheir metrics
    dont buy store mounts, pets, services, and it will show on their metrics.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Roar-Powah View Post
    Yer for the people who have a sub all ready, rip off if you only want access to classic tho.
    its 15$ same as it was back in 2004, and with inflation in mind that is pretty good price.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by La View Post
    Would you mind explaining how it's fair to charge people $15/m for an old game that was already released, updated, and will not receive any more updates? Explain to me how it's worth $15/m as opposed to being B2P. I think that is straight up robbery and find it hilarious that people don't see it that way. If you already play on the live servers, then sure, it's a steal.

15 dollars a month if your only intent is to play Vanilla, is absolutely ridiculous. But sure, people can keep defending that if they want.
    its 15 for a month of game time in which you can spend a lot of hours in,that's pretty good deal if you ask me.The amount of money people spend on useless shit each month comperes nothing to 15 a month to play a game.

They literally confirmed sharding will be in the game.
    however only in the starting zones and for a week to a few weeks tops to deal with the massive influx of players all playing at once.
    They did say they were looking at alternatives though, right? I am still hopeful they will find some other way. I saw an idea of splitting every server into 3 for example: Illidan 1, Illidan 2 and Illidan 3 and then merging those 3 servers after a few weeks into one Illidan server. I think that will work best and people won't be mad about it at all.

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    The price of the sub has never gone up for us canadians, it has always been 15$ american.
    the only reason its 18.99$ is because our dollar is in the shitter
    thats a shame

10+ Year Old Account
    I wouldn't pay a full sub for classic. I already did that 14 years ago. I'd happily give it a go if I was subbed to live, it might even keep me subbed if I currently was, but I definitely wouldn't fire up a new sub just for classic.
    Knowledge is power, and power corrupts. So study hard and be evil.

Quote Originally Posted by Evil Midnight Bomber View Post
    Vanilla Sub was ~$15 a month.
    Classic sub will be ~$15 a month...plus you get access to "retail" at the same time.

Seems like a pretty good deal.
    Retail COMES with the classic sub. Not vice versa. I find it sad that ppl are whining about the 15$ price. When they prob spend 3-x4 that on smokes and booze *not to mention entertainment..etc*

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Seranthor View Post
    Who cares... the sub price is $15... pay it and get to play... or dont pay and dont play...
    Once again I said it wasn't about the cost, but you obviously live in your own little fantasy land so there isn't really any point in continuing on with you.

High Overlord
    7+ Year Old Account
    You people bitched and moaned for years for this shit...now you get it...and you want it for free...Jesus....

Are you the only one who won't pay?...WHO CARES

pay...play...or don't...NO ONE CARES IF YOU DO OR NOT

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Muajin76 View Post
    Retail COMES with the classic sub. Not vice versa. I find it sad that ppl are whining about the 15$ price. When they prob spend 3-x4 that on smokes and booze *not to mention entertainment..etc*
    Bumping because people are blind, and I don't think people understand that when Classic goes live all those unofficial/illegal servers will be forced to go down and then the ONLY way to play is to pay. I mean you guys cried for classic servers for years, now you are crying because you have to sub.. come on guys!
    Last edited by Feolthanos; 2018-11-19 at 05:19 AM.

They did say they were looking at alternatives though, right? I am still hopeful they will find some other way. I saw an idea of splitting every server into 3 for example: Illidan 1, Illidan 2 and Illidan 3 and then merging those 3 servers after a few weeks into one Illidan server. I think that will work best and people won't be mad about it at all.
    This is just sharding without sharding. They are not going to do this when they have a far simpler solution by just using sharding.

Arguing over "I own the game so i have the right to play it for free" and stuff is hilarious....

it´s like saying "I own netflix because I downloaded the app - now gimme the streaming for free"

maybe I can stretch it even further... I bought a modem - do I own the internet now?

Epic!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Powrprincess View Post
    Title says it all. If I'm one of the few who are only interested in classic, fine I probably won't pay it. To be honest, I think I got it right though. Why pay the full price for a game that is old and you've played it already? Also, I've seen a post somewhere that some costs that can be ascribed to a sub can be reduced. I believe split subs would only be fair to players like me, and hopefully you.

Moderation note [2018-11-18] : I'm going to take the unusual act of top-posting a moderation comment into the thread so that more people will see it. There's been a lot of talk so far about private servers as an alternative to not paying for classic. Discussion of this is against site rules. We've let it slide to this point but it's taking over the thread so I would advise everyone to avoid discussion of that aspect altogether from here on out. Please keep the focus on WoW Classic. If people insist on continuing to bring up the topic of illegal servers, then the thread will be closed among other things. Thanks. {MoanaLisa}
    Then don't pay it.

Quote Originally Posted by Muajin76 View Post
    It's the same difference...you get both versions of the game for one price. It's simply a matter of perspective.

If you're subscribing for Classic... Retail is the bonus...If you're subscribing for Retail...Classic is the bonus.
    Last edited by Evil Midnight Bomber; 2018-11-19 at 08:47 AM.
    “The biggest communication problem is we do not listen to understand. We listen to reply,” Stephen Covey.

Just spend 1-2 hour a week in the auction house on "retail" and you get enough gold to play both for free *shrug*

I really thought Blizzard would do $10 per month for Classic and $15 for Live, if you wanted both you could get it for $20. That way Blizzard would potentially make even more money.
    9thorder.com | Recruiting exceptional players!

"I WANNA BUY SOMETHING FOR MORE THEN ITS PRIZE TO GET LESS".
    It makes sense to show the developers (and you) that I think Vanilla, in itself, is worth paying for. And that I'm not interested in supporting the modern game. This was the whole point of my original reply. If you still cannot understand this, I don't know how to explain it to you.

- - - Updated - - -

Sure. You keep believing thats not a stupid remark mr. electrical engineering guy
    You're the one who brought up education. If you want to insult someone, you have to be ready to admit it afterwards. You can't make it go away. Now you just make yourself look stupid.
    Last edited by Aleks0410; 2018-11-19 at 02:21 PM.