how is that offensive pass interference? lol

Deleted
    That offensive PI is absurd.

lol chargers about to lose

They called that OPI yet Keenan Allen grabbed and pushed up CHJs facemask earlier in the game and it was called DPI. These refs are fantastic.

Somehow doesn't matter because Keenum magically stopped sucking in the 4th quarter.

10+ Year Old Account
    Teddy time.
    /s

10+ Year Old Account
    Teddy victory cigar has been used quite a bit this season.

10+ Year Old Account
    Wentz getting killed by backup defense throwing 2 picks to special team standout Chris Banjo.
    /s

Eagles got spanked.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tonus View Post
    Eli Manning is on pace for 4500 yards with career high completion percentage while leading the league in sacks taken... clearly he’s done guys.
    So in what is a career year for Eli, apparently, he's also ranked 16th of 34 qualifying players in AY/A and 24th in Y/C. In other words, even in a career year he's no more than average.

Even if his O-line didn't suck, Eli, at his salary, is not going to bring your team very far. In fact, due to his cost, he's actually holding the Giants back. From a team building perspective you need to move on from him to a cheaper option with more upside and invest the money you save into the players you have that are worth a damn. Like Landon Collins for instance.

Another day, another prime-time collapse by the Vikings.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tonus View Post
    He’s the same guy he’s always been. Not a world beater but gives you a shot. And this obviously isn’t his career year.
    This isn't necessarily about his quality as a player in a vacuum. It's about his relative quality.

The guy he has always been is someone who, compared to the quarterbacks in the same season, has a career QB rating that is slightly below average. He has a Cap hit that is 10th highest and a Salary that is 9th highest in the league right now. That doesn't add up.

The Giants are wasting money on a QB that is not going to get them anywhere, money they desperately need to sign players like Landon Collins. They aren't in cap trouble exactly, but they sure could use the 17 million dollars they would have extra if they let Eli go in the coming offseason.

If your point was to say that the Giants have bigger troubles then Eli, then fair enough. But that 17 million can go a long way when you are reshaping your roster in the offseason. And given the current results, it's fair to say the Giants should have started re-building last offseason, instead of trying to push all in like they did. And moving on from Eli then would have saved you even more and made your rebuild start a year early (and you would assume also finish a year early).

Well, no one's arguing that the Giants should re-sign Eli after his current contract.

These Bear's uniforms are horrible. Every time I look over at the game I think it's the fucking Broncos.
    I'm the root of all that is evil, yeah, but you can call me cookie.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Piglord View Post
    These Bear's uniforms are horrible. Every time I look over at the game I think it's the fucking Broncos.
    And the Bears normal uniform is one of the best in the league. No idea why you would mess with that, especially for a primetime game.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Bears are going places but they aren't getting there this year. They'll run into either LA or the Saints in the Divisional round and be bye bye.

Packers should do what everyone seems to be doing and poach a Reid guy. Which has extra irony because Reid is technically on the Holmgren tree.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Every time on third and long that Collinsworth has talked about how "this is what the Vikings do so well" the bears have converted, so if someone could get him to stop that'd be great.

If I've said it once, I've said it a thousand times - Kirk Cousins is, at best, an average QB.

Quote Originally Posted by eschatological View Post
    If I've said it once, I've said it a thousand times - Kirk Cousins is, at best, an average QB.
    He's still an improvement over Keenum.

Though I think a bigger problem than Cousins being average is the Vikings keep relying on castoffs from other teams to fill their o-line. Cousins is something like the 5th-most pressured QB in the league, and even with Cook their run game is nonexistent.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by eschatological View Post
    Nothing wrong with being average, Eli is average and people want him in the Hall of Fame.
    /s

Ya both of Eli ring was getting carried by his defense ... facts.