Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by GreenJesus View Post
    He didn't add anything that hasn't been beaten to death in the thousands of threads created already. Why isn't this thread removed for being spam/trolling?
    Why aren't your Threads being removed for spamming and Trolling. I think you people don't understand One's Opinion. So why should I respect your opinion if you don't respect mine or anyone else's.

Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    There is an existing megathread for the High Elf debate - let's keep it there and not pollute other threads/forums with it. Thanks.
    Tell it to them. Since Basically They got nothing to add to this conversation other than thinking I want High Elves where clearly this is a Post about Sylvanas and not High Elves which these Trolls should know by now.
    High Elves and Wildhammer Dwarves are finally playable in the Alliance. XD

How on earth is she a Mary Sue? She's not particularly good at anything, and just about every in game character whose name doesn't rhyme with Bathanos hates her...

Arthas was the last good Blizzard character and even he wasnt really as original.

Blizzards writing sucks, we all know that. Dont get too invested in 2 dimensional stereotypes. And yeah people like Sylvanas because she is edgy.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Exkrementor View Post
    Arthas was the last good Blizzard character and even he wasnt really as original.

Blizzards writing sucks, we all know that. Dont get too invested in 2 dimensional stereotypes. And yeah people like Sylvanas because she is edgy.
    Atleast Arthas was a Better Anaken Skywalker than Anaken Skywalker himself.

You can tell too by the Story within Warcraft 3 which was a Better Sad Romance Story than the Star Wars Prequels and Twilight.

Sylvanas through. Not really a great Arthas since she doesn't have a Powerful Artifact Weapon that steals people's souls.

Quote Originally Posted by Lionknight View Post
    Why aren't your Threads being removed for spamming and Trolling. I think you people don't understand One's Opinion. So why should I respect your opinion if you don't respect mine or anyone else's.

Tell it to them. Since Basically They got nothing to add to this conversation other than thinking I want High Elves where clearly this is a Post about Sylvanas and not High Elves which these Trolls should know by now.
    I think we are all tired of the "Sylvanas bad! What do you think?" threads... The forums have been full of them for months. We are all sick of them. We don't need a new thread of "Sylvanas bad!" every time someone on this forum thinks it in their head.

Quote Originally Posted by Lionhearte0 View Post
    If you hate her because of the actions she's taken (i.e. "She has no mortal code of respecting the very Faction she leads, She doesn't care about her Family or People, and is a selfish entitled idiot"), than she has an effective character design.
    I think OP really meant to say that he hates Blizzard for turning Sylvanas into a simple cartoon villain. They could have made her more complex especially in terms of her relationship with the Lich King but it seems like they just want her to be plain evil. Very basic.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaver View Post
    I think OP really meant to say that he hates Blizzard for turning Sylvanas into a simple cartoon villain. They could have made her more complex especially in terms of her relationship with the Lich King but it seems like they just want her to be plain evil. Very basic.
    She used to have some depth to her Character. While she was doing twisted evil things to living beings atleast she had a goal of killing the one person that turned her into a Dark Ranger. Now that Arthas is dead. She has gone from being a Character that has some Morally Grey Lines to just straight up Cartoon Villain Arthas Wannabe now. At this point She should have her own Faction than the Horde one.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sorotia View Post
    Most interesting character in lore?

She is a female version of the Lich King who tries to pretend she is better than she really is...she couldn't be much more one dimensional than she is now...she is a saturday morning cartoon villain without the mustache to twirl.

There is nothing interesting about her unless you're obsessed with mindless slaughter...or well lets be honest here...we know what most of her fans are obsessed with!
    Well, she is undead. Being a bit flat on the kindhearted spectrum is in character. And on a further note, the Lich King is a pretty interesting character, so comparing her to him isnt really an insult. I think it really comes down to taste, because in my opinion she has a rich history and I see beyond that temporal rift in her writing, because lets face it, there was no problem with Sylvanas before BfA. The writers just wrote her to be a villain and that she is. Her character didnt change much, she was always cruel and unforgiving as Banshee Queen. And now that blizzard needs a conflict and they cant use Anduin (because you cant disrupt his only trait: being a good guy), they shoehorn genocide in the story and voila: conflict.

Fact is blizzard needed 2 things to happen: Alliance losing a hold in Kalimdor and Horde losing their spot in Lordaeron. And I actually hate their decision, I always cherished the thought of occupying Lordaeron, because Garithos (the humans) had it coming. And I also liked Teldrassil, as a nightelf main in Warcraft 3. But when I remember Warcraft 3 a bit further, I remember Sylvanas backstabbing her human allies and federating with a Nathrezim... that was how many years ago? And NOW you start complaining about her questionable morals? Gimme a break.

I dont have a problem if people always hated on her, because I wont damper whatever grinds your temper, but suddenly when she is going full circle, everyone loses their mind. The only reason why I hate seeing this development is because blizzard got shit at writing, and they cant handle evil characters anymore without boring redemption arcs or the Sunstrider-Maneuver... famously named after Kael'thas, who went from just trying to save his people and liberating Outland from Magtheridon to ... maniacal slave to the Burning Legion within 1 Expansion. RIP - may flights of angels sing thee to thy setback.

Title says it all.

Not only is Sylvanas a overrated dull Character but She is a Mary Sue that gets whatever she wants with no consequences, She has no mortal code of respecting the very Faction she leads, She doesn't care about her Family or People, and is a selfish entitled idiot that I hope she gets killed so that Horde can go back to its old roots. The Real Roots of the Horde. Not this Fan Service Character that gets all the spotlight while the rest of the horde ether doesn't the get the spotlight or just standing in the background doing nothing.

Sooner we kill Banshee Sue the better WoW can go back to its old roots of having a Great Horde Faction again.
    Honestly, as much as I hate so many of the Warcraft characters as they are now, a person like Sylvanas wouldn't be so infuriating if her actions were framed properly. She's pretty much exactly what you describe her to be but the issue here is that it's framed as heroic, edgy, "anti-hero". The story writers want the players to believe that she's the good guy even if very little of what she does would suggest that.
    She's the Warcraft version of Sarah Kerrigan: An angry little girl in the form of a creepy yet sexy woman's body. And we're supposed to cheer for her because....
    I'm sure everyone knows the answer to this and it's a ridiculous one.
    Last edited by Almatari; 2018-11-19 at 05:40 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Freaking Frumpy Frak View Post
    What I hate is that she the archetypical "infallible sassy female assassin" cliche.
    I hate that she does these villainous things but the story treats her like a fucking hero. That's starting to change but I assume Blizzard has some contrived twist up their sleeve that's going to reveal that Sylvanus was actually the goodest guy all along.
    I hate that Garrosh was immediately kicked out for being a meanie to the troll who had been antagonising him from day one, while the Horde is mostly blindly following Sylvanus after she repeatedly started wars for no/selfish reasons.
    You are weeeeaaaak, frumpy frak. You should watch through the fog and see true reason of Sylvanas not being treated as it would make sense - BEWBS
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Dictionary
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

She used to have some depth to her Character. While she was doing twisted evil things to living beings atleast she had a goal of killing the one person that turned her into a Dark Ranger. Now that Arthas is dead. She has gone from being a Character that has some Morally Grey Lines to just straight up Cartoon Villain Arthas Wannabe now. At this point She should have her own Faction than the Horde one.
    I agree. Sylvanas has always been portrayed as someone who gave forsakens free will. But suddenly out of nowhere she has become this horrific dictator who tortures and control the forsaken she raises. Just like the Lich King.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Almatari View Post
    Honestly, as much as I hate so many of the Warcraft characters as they are now, a person like Sylvanas wouldn't be so infuriating if her actions were framed properly. She's pretty much exactly what you describe her to be but the issue here is that it's framed as heroic, edgy, "anti-hero". The story writers want the players to believe that she's the good guy even if very little of what she does would suggest that.
    She's the Warcraft version of Sarah Kerrigan: An angry little girl in the form of a creepy yet sexy woman's body. And we're supposed to cheer for her because....
    I'm sure everyone knows the answer to this and it's a ridiculous one.
    If Blizzard pulls a Kerrigan on Sylvanas then the WoW Lore will pretty much be dead. Ending to StarCraft 2 was really ridiculous and very rushed due to simple generic writing of Light vs Void by making Kerrigan into a Light God and then She Super Sayians the Xel'Naga God like it was nothing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Draqson View Post
    The writers just wrote her to be a villain and that she is. Her character didnt change much, she was always cruel and unforgiving as Banshee Queen..
    Exactly. They just wrote her to be a villain. Basically they said "forget what you knew about sylvanas - what she is now", but forgot to tell that to other characters in the lore ,because apparently they are under some sort of influence that make them oblivious to whatever villainous shit she does now (which is awfully similar looking to everyone's favorite "i'll kill all the living and turn you into my slaves" guy, who everyone liked and it wouldn't make any sense to cut this kind of action before it grew roots)
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Dictionary
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

She feels like someone at Blizzard who just inserted their super edgy D&D character that no one likes to play with. I really wish she'd die already, or go the Thrall route and just retire from the story long enough for people to forget how annoying the character was. Then they can build her back up with better writing. Sylvanas used to be somewhat of a tragically compelling character back during WC3 - Cataclysm, but ever since she started getting so much limelight it's gone downhill. Feels like a "too-many-writers-in-the-kitchen" kind of issue. It's worse that a lot of Horde players still kiss her heels because shes the only "attractive" Horde leader. Garrosh was a more compelling villain than Sylvanas.

I complain about this a LOT, but MAN do I really wish they'd give Alliance the amount of attention they give Horde. We could really do with an awesome Alliance villain, and there's a lot of potential now more than ever. From fanatic lightforged or succumbed void elves, to prideful Dark Irons wanting to go back to their clan's old ways. They could make the worgen more aggressive, have the other races undermine Anduin's authority, etc. Unfortunately Blizzard doesn't know how to take a step back from their pet characters and write good Alliance stories that don't revolve around the Horde.

TL;DR - If Blizzard put Sylvanas down and gave us an Alliance villain, it Would be a great opportunity to write villains that don't just commit heinous acts of genocide like it's going out of style. They could instead give us villains who actually mean well, aren't awful people, actually do good/are caught on the wrong side, good to some degree, or have just suffered & are acting out on their pain. Jaina is the closest they've gotten. so far.
    Last edited by Mellrod; 2018-11-19 at 06:18 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Freaking Frumpy Frak View Post
    What I hate is that she the archetypical "infallible sassy female assassin" cliche.
    I hate that she does these villainous things but the story treats her like a fucking hero. That's starting to change but I assume Blizzard has some contrived twist up their sleeve that's going to reveal that Sylvanus was actually the goodest guy all along.
    I hate that Garrosh was immediately kicked out for being a meanie to the troll who had been antagonising him from day one, while the Horde is mostly blindly following Sylvanus after she repeatedly started wars for no/selfish reasons.

No one forced you to read it. Don't like it? Keep scrolling.
    Okay good, I'm not the only one who feels this way. Character written to be a heartless, blood thirsty asshole. What a golden hero!

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by GreenJesus View Post
    Wow! A completely new perspective that totally needed to be created!
    I know right?

Ironically, the fact that these threads exist en masse just means that Blizz has been very effective in stirring up drama this Xpac.
    Here is something to believe in!

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxrokur View Post
    Lionknight is back boys, release the high elves memes!
    nooooooooooooo
    it was Dead
    IT WAS DEAD
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    I just love the idea of "I want to murder people in moderation".
    Quote Originally Posted by Zulkhan View Post
    the only "positive" in your case is that, unlike Blizzard's writers, you aren't paid for that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    Hey man, long time no see o/

But yeah, Sylvanas needs offing. As do Baine and Saurfang. As it is neither of their Hordes is right.

10+ Year Old Account
    Title says it all.

Not only is Sylvanas a overrated dull Character but She is a Mary Sue that gets whatever she wants with no consequences, She has no mortal code of respecting the very Faction she leads, She doesn't care about her Family or People, and is a selfish entitled idiot that I hope she gets killed so that Horde can go back to its old roots. The Real Roots of the Horde. Not this Fan Service Character that gets all the spotlight while the rest of the horde ether doesn't the get the spotlight or just standing in the background doing nothing.

Sooner we kill Banshee Sue the better WoW can go back to its old roots of having a Great Horde Faction again.
    This site's infested with her fanboys, so let me give you a pat on the back.

Sylvanas isn't just one of the worst characters today in wow, she infects others, like Nathanos who went from being a kind of interesting character, to flat out being changed and molded to being one of the developers own personal fan inserts, going as far as giving him a new body to make him look like the developers own personal fanservice of himself (or how he wished he looked like irl).
    #boycottchina

Title says it all.

It’s a usual trait of WoW characters. Either they are horribly written through several writers pushing their own visions on them, making it seem like these characters have several personalities or they are just written to be “badass” and end up being absolutely ridiculous like Sylvanas or Varian or Malfurion.