Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Brewmaster
    7+ Year Old Account
    7-10 times per week

1 - 2 per week.

I'll drink a beer on a Friday & Saturday night with dinner, pretty chill I think.

Somewhere around once a month for special occasions.

Quote Originally Posted by AwkwardSquirtle View Post
    Personally when someone says "acquired taste" I just hear "It tastes bad, but if you do it enough you can trick yourself into thinking it's ok." Doesn't seem worth it to me. Also I'm diabetic so it doesn't mesh well with that.
    I'd argue otherwise. Outside of the obvious mildly sweet, salty, or savory foods, everything is an acquired taste. Coffee, dark chocolate, black tea, aged cheeses and meats, pickled vegetables, starches, the extreme flavors of most junk foods, I can go on. The only difference is we acquire these tastes when we're young or through muting the nuanced flavors. Like heavily adding sugar and cream to coffee when we first start drinking it or being raised with soy sauce instead of ketchup.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Allieskiller View Post
    I know some do, but it is against the teachings of Islam nevertheless.
    Actually, it's NOT.

Teachings of Islam states "you are not allowed to be visibly intoxicated in the presence of others", which was later interpretated as "you are not allowed to be visibility intoxicated" and then changed into "you are not allowed to be intoxicated"..

Also, it's connected to alcohol made by grapes, so mead (made on honey) or beer (made on wheat or barley) is not even covered by the quran.
    Last edited by FuxieDK; 2018-11-19 at 08:03 AM.
    Fact (because I say so): TBC > Cata > Legion > ShaLa > MoP > DF > BfA > WoD = WotLK

My pet collection --> http://www.warcraftpets.com/collection/FuxieDK/

Alcohol that tastes good is too expensive. The rest isnt worth spending money on. Therefore, twice a year.

On new year I will buy one bottle of expensive alcohol.
    On my birthday I will buy one bottle of expensive alcohol.

There are no other times I would buy any at all.

If someone else gives me, I might consider, but otherwise no.

1-3 drinks a week, usually on the weekend.

I can drink a lot more left to my own devices, but I hold myself back because I know what I'm like when drunk.

I know some do, but it is against the teachings of Islam nevertheless.
    Troll. And a bad one at that.

Very rarely on special occasions.

drunk

zero time in life i know its very shocking for you people but its 100% true.

Quote Originally Posted by FuxieDK View Post
    Actually, it's NOT.

Teachings of Islam states "you are not allowed to be visibly intoxicated in the presence of others", which was later interpretated as "you are not allowed to be visibility intoxicated" and then changed into "you are not allowed to be intoxicated"..

Also, it's connected to alcohol made by grapes, so mead (made on honey) or beer (made on wheat or barley) is not even covered by the quran.
    Wrong. It clearly states in the Quran verse 5:90 that Alcohol must be avoided. Also in multiple Hadiths, the prophet PBUH clearly states that ALL intoxicants fit this catagory as well.

The vast majority muslim scholars through out history agree with this. If someone states otherwise they need to support their argument with a legitimate source (which is either a verse of the quran or authentic hadith).

This thread has nothing to do with this discussion but I had to responed to this so I will leave it at that.

Quote Originally Posted by XangXu View Post
    Troll. And a bad one at that.
    I don’t know if you are referring to my avatar or my social behaviour. If the latter, how?

10+ Year Old Account
    Wrong. It clearly states in the Quran verse 5:90 that Alcohol must be avoided. Also in multiple Hadiths, the prophet PBUH clearly states that ALL intoxicants fit this catagory as well.
    Current version of the quran... It have been revised ATLEAST twice..
    Fact (because I say so): TBC > Cata > Legion > ShaLa > MoP > DF > BfA > WoD = WotLK

Current version of the quran... It have been revised ATLEAST twice..
    Arabic Quran never been changed. Translations do. Furthermore, hadith clearly expand on it to include intoxicants in general. Most if not all scholars agree with that. It is classified a major sin. If you would argue otherwise, please state your source.

10+ Year Old Account
    Arabic Quran never been changed. Translations do. Furthermore, hadith clearly expand on it to include intoxicants in general. Most if not all scholars agree with that. It is classified a major sin. If you would argue otherwise, please state your source.
    You do realise, that Hadiths are not an official part of the quran, right?

They came many many years after..

Why are you arguing about Islam with a Muslim? Do you really presume to know the religion better than a practitioner does? Or are you a Muslim yourself, in which case, have at it.

Yes, I acknowledge that hadith is not part of the Quran. It is the the sayings and the teachings of the prophet. And no, it didn’t come “many many years after”, they were said by the prophet during his life time. They don’t replace the Quran mind you, but they are cruical to expand on the teachings and practices of Islam. They were collected by multiple scholars some years later but they take only hadiths that are well spread and have chains of narration that goes back to the prophet. There are classifications of hadiths for which is weak and which is strong.

Authentic hadith come second to the Quran in Islam.

Again this discussion is not relavent to this thread. If you would like to discuss it further please dm me. Have a good day.

Like a bottle every other night if I got anything.

Really just depends if I want one or not.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

I bought a bottle of peppermint schnapps because I've never tried it before.

I was not prepared for how sweet it'd be. It's like a candy cane distilled into alcohol form.

Rarely. Like a couple of times a year at most.

Everyday.

I work in the wine industry. So an hour before we go home our supervisor give us a glass of wine to try.

During the day I may partake in Wine Tasting.. Most wines I spit out into a spittoon.
    But sometimes, if it is a nice wine I do not spit out.

By the way, people who live in Mediterranean countries like: Italy, France, Greece etc drink wine everyday.
    And people from Mediterranean countries tend to have a longer lifespan than people from other countries.