Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Solry View Post
    Oh my God...
    Yours are the kind that can only see and perceive the surface without giving it a single thought. The "Idiocracy" movie was right after all.
    I'm done talking to you, not gonna waste my time trying to establish communication with a being this barely sentient.
    >The surface
    >Literal internal monologue
    I suggest applying some soothing cream. You'll need it after the reaming in this thread.

@Malikath

None of that goes back to the issue with your original claim, which still has zero backing and would also require everyone else present to be a retard as well.

Infracted.
    Last edited by Aucald; 2018-11-19 at 03:52 PM. Reason: Received Infraction
    Dickmann's Law: As a discussion on the Lore forums becomes longer, the probability of the topic derailing to become about Sylvanas approaches 1.

Tinkers will be the next Class confirmed.

Quote Originally Posted by Super Dickmann View Post
    @Malikath

None of that goes back to the issue with your original claim, which still has zero backing and would also require everyone else present to be a retard as well.
    again, that still makes sense.
    because they are all retards for trusting the starscream of the horde, too power-hungry and deceitful to be trusted, but too incompetent to actually do anything but get his ass beat by megatron until galvatron slags his ass.

Infracted.
    Last edited by Aucald; 2018-11-19 at 03:58 PM. Reason: Received Infraction

Quote Originally Posted by Malikath View Post
    again, that still makes sense.
    because they are all retards for trusting the starscream of the horde, too power-hungry and deceitful to be trusted, but too incompetent to actually do anything but get his ass beat by megatron until galvatron slags his ass.
    It would also make Putress and Varimathras idiots for not going "Hey, you're being conned" or say, just pinning everything on her while they continue their plan. Of course, they couldn't have done so, because at the time of Wrath writing the Wrathgate wasn't on Sylvanas and nothing corroborates it except the one dev statement and fanfiction.
    Dickmann's Law: As a discussion on the Lore forums becomes longer, the probability of the topic derailing to become about Sylvanas approaches 1.

Using a word as strong as (hate), within a context related to a character from a video game/fantasy story.

Do yourself a healthy favor, go outside.

Quote Originally Posted by RangerDaz View Post
    And all these pro/anti- Sylvanas/Jaina/Anduin/Saurfang threads are getting old ... really fast
    Well they are the protagonist(thanks blizzard by f them) still Jaina is the best of all them, she is the perfect definition from a lawful good to a truly morally grey person and Genn is getting his claw out when the situation calls(killing Rastakhan in a dishonorable way)
    Quote Originally Posted by Varitok View Post
    No, she is my waifu. Stop posting and delete this thread immediately.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ophenia View Post
    Voted Baine because... Well, Baine. Total nonsensical character, looks like World War II Italy, nobody really understands what role he's supposed to fill, not even himself

Deleted
    She's the edgy antihero type of character to keep 14y olds playing.

If only she wasn't written exactly by the sheet...

Quote Originally Posted by Super Dickmann View Post
    It would also make Putress and Varimathras idiots for not going "Hey, you're being conned" or say, just pinning everything on her while they continue their plan. Of course, they couldn't have done so, because at the time of Wrath writing the Wrathgate wasn't on Sylvanas and nothing corroborates it except the one dev statement and fanfiction.
    just like the dev statement that invalidated almost half the forsaken quests in tristfal and silverpine from cata?

Quote Originally Posted by Malikath View Post
    just like the dev statement that invalidated almost half the forsaken quests in tristfal and silverpine from cata?
    >half of two zones
    >one quest area in one zone that was the product of them mistaking their lore in the first place
    You know, the same stuff. Call me when Outland's a death titan or the Shadowlands and the Nightmare are the same thing, since those are other products of stream of consciousness on Blizzard's part directly contradicted by their actual published works.

Quote Originally Posted by Lionknight View Post
    Title says it all.

Not only is Sylvanas a overrated dull Character but She is a Mary Sue that gets whatever she wants with no consequences, She has no mortal code of respecting the very Faction she leads, She doesn't care about her Family or People, and is a selfish entitled idiot that I hope she gets killed so that Horde can go back to its old roots. The Real Roots of the Horde. Not this Fan Service Character that gets all the spotlight while the rest of the horde ether doesn't the get the spotlight or just standing in the background doing nothing.

Sooner we kill Banshee Sue the better WoW can go back to its old roots of having a Great Horde Faction again.
    You act like you know what others think of her. Not only IS Sylvanas...... How do you know I think the same as you? Maybe I don't. It's just a pointless threat.

Ah, good ol Sylvanas thread in its full flame. We even have a bit of Broken shore revisionism to spice things up.

Thanks for the reminder that we really have to enjoy the ride while it lasts, doubt we'll ever have character like this again!

Quote Originally Posted by Solry View Post
    Dude, she is a zombie. With a bow. A rottin pile of decomposing flesh wielding a rope tied to 2 ends of a stick.
    Yet all of a sudden she became invincible, can raise undead now, can mc them. She became a Bitch, sorry, Lick, sorry, Lich Queen in a blink of an eye without any explanation.
    I'm not saying that she isn't a shitty character that's been pigeonholed into this role. Badly. But that doesn't make her a Mary Sue. The term "Mary Sue" has a set definition which Sylvanas really doesn't fit.

10+ Year Old Account
    NO. YOU'RE WRONG!
    Edgy snowflakes need their waifu.

To be fair, i dont mind her.
    Yes, she is a hilariously evil character, but at least she keeps things interesting.
    Better than Anduin for sure.

I'm just angry that two of my favorite leaders had to die for Blizzard to cater to the fanbois.
    And that alliance is being humiliated with a leader like Anduin.

Quote Originally Posted by Lionknight View Post
    Title says it all.

Not only is Sylvanas a overrated dull Character but She is a Mary Sue that gets whatever she wants with no consequences...
    Who was it who had to abandon her own city and even had her contingency fail to kill a single enemy?
    The most difficult thing to do is accept that there is nothing wrong with things you don't like and accept that people can like things you don't.

https://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/JerkSue would be a little more accurate, but functionally the same from a "this character is boring" standpoint. I sort of look at Sylvannas and Anduin (I guess they're meant to be foils) with the same patient disinterest. Obviously, there's a lot of players who are personally invested in their various fantasy versions of those characters, one way or another, so I suppose those players find them interesting enough. I also realize that neither of these characters are aimed at me anyway, so it's not surprising that they don't resonate that much with me, personally. I think there's room in Warcraft for all kinds of characters: faces, heels, morally conflicted antiheroes, etc, etc. Blizzard seems to push too hard when they put one character to the forefront. My main motivation for completing some of the questlines in WoD was simply to get the similarly annoying Varian to stop hanging around in my garrison.

I don't hate the Sylvannas character, although I don't find it particularly stimulating or interesting in the current iteration. I think she used to be interesting and I kind of liked the role she played within the horde before she was warchief, and I think she's a fitting leader for the Forsaken, but her power creep over the last few years and becoming basically the main focal point dictating the plot of the game seems like a reach. I think she's become less interesting (to me) as she has been more featured and more powered-up. It's kind of like when you were playing pretend when you were little with someone who keeps trying to god-mode everything ("its ok I'm also immortal and I can raise the dead and I'm the best archer ever and I have all the best invisible spies so we can sneak-attack everything with impunity, and I'm the hottest and smartest and strongest and I was chosen by the gods to blah blah blah" zzzz). But again, I don't think that I'm the target audience for that character anyway.

The groupthink seems to prognosticate two main possibilities for her future over the expansion: either she completes the heel-turn and gets "Garroshed" or gets some kind of redemption/justification arc (I guess people are calling that "Kerriganed" although I'm admittedly not that familiar with SC). Neither of these seem particularly interesting to me, and both of those paths represent to me an unnecessary cop-out on what was presumably once a "cool" character, now overhyped and overexposed. So I'm sympathetic to the Sylvannas fans if they end up losing their favorite character (one way or another), even if I don't count myself among them.

Deleted
    Some people just love dark edgy characters like Arthas, Illidan and Sylvanas.

Now that I think about it, with Death Knights and Demon Hunters already representing two of the three dark edgy characters, we only need playable Dark Rangers now to complete the set.

Anyway, agree with the OP that Sylvanas is boring. These try hards aren't believable. "Ooooh dark edgy character with boobs" doesn't do it for me as it does to many others, probably metalheads.

Characters that actually believe in something and try to build are more interesting than ones that try to act cool and be angsty all the time.

So is your mom, but we put up with her bullshit.
    Last edited by Nightheart; 2018-11-20 at 01:34 PM. Reason: Received Infraction

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post
    I agree actually, shes an awful c**t of a character, and the only people who like her are usually edge lords, but she isn't really a Mary Sue since other characters hate or distrust her.
    Nathanos however, is a self insert by a dev who everyone has to bow to despite being an arshy c**t with the attitude of a mooping teenager, is like totally the most handsome undead and can win any fight he's in even against more skilled opponents.
    You forgot his ability to somehow be an archer on par with Silvermoon Rangers, bc why don't we just throw more rpg racial/cultural differences in the toilet to show that humans have the potential be good at ANYTHING and even better than others who trained far longer/have an innate talent for it.
    Moderator of the General Off-Topic, Politics, Lore, and RP Forums
    "If you have any concerns, let me know via PM. I'll do my best to assist you."

7+ Year Old Account
    Sylvanas is fine as a character, the issue i have with her fanbase.

Sylvanas is the Undertale of WoW, cool product but the fanbase is 100% insufferable and will completely and utterly destroy any remaining faith you had in humanity.
    TEA IS DOWN!

Sylvanas is what you get when you cross Joffrey Baratheon with a mary sue. Change my mind. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Daevelian View Post

Sylvanas is the Undertale of WoW, cool product but the fanbase is 100% insufferable and will completely and utterly destroy any remaining faith you had in humanity.
    But unlike undertale, which is a one of a kind product made by a small team (and a kinda sequal now years later), Warcraft is a continued series with devs who work the progression of the story and characters based on fan feedback, meaning their toxic attitudes end up ruining a characters place in the story.

Quote Originally Posted by Daevelian View Post

The strangest thing is that I'm yet to see the elusive Sylvanas fanboys, worshipping her undead tits and whatever. The furious haters, on the other hand, seem to go on and on about being surrounded by fanboys.