Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Night elves were cool back then.

"Worse than Sylvanas"

Quote Originally Posted by Tarba View Post
    it's ok when alliance does.
    Nightelfs were not alliance back then

Tyrande is the high priestress of Elune.
    "She has represented the highest leadership of the night elves since the fall of Queen Azshara and the Highborne caste ten thousand years ago."

She killed fellow night elves, former priestress of Elune, and a son of Cenarius to free a prisoner even Elune had condamned. Opposing Malfurion by the way.

High priestress of Elune < Elune
    Elune's will > Tyrande's will.
    Tyrande kill people following what Elune wants and the son of a demi god of the night elves.

And still she kept her title like nothing happened.

What kind of hypocrisy is that?

Because it's not the same as slaughtering your own soldiers that are continually loyally fighting for you and then raising them as corpses to continue said fight in undeath.

I'm sorry but you either are just trying to get a rise out if people or dont care to think in a multifaceted manner.

Honestly, Battle for Lordaeron is more practically justifiable than freeing Illidan by killing the Watchers in isolation. The issue with Sylvanas deploying the Blight and necromancy isn't that it's tactically or even morally all that bad it's that in a sane world, it would be political suicide for at the very least the tauren and a decent portion of orcs because of the whole desecration aspect.
    Dickmann's Law: As a discussion on the Lore forums becomes longer, the probability of the topic derailing to become about Sylvanas approaches 1.

Tinkers will be the next Class confirmed.

Quote Originally Posted by Lyssander View Post
    Execution of traitors during wartime was the common practice throughout history and in all cultures.
    Even in surprising places:

Canada executed soldiers who had gone AWOL even after WWI was over.
    Cheerful lack of self-preservation

Quote Originally Posted by Bright-Flower View Post
    Oh you have a long, looooooong list of traitors in the horde to deal with.

Lor'themar
    Baine
    Sylvanas

And many many more, ALL betrayed their warchief and rebelled against him. In fact, only a handful of orcs really stayed loyal to Garrosh, so most of the horde must be put down for treason. I can get behind this.
    Its only treason if your on the losing side of things.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ji Firepaw
    Wow you are some kind of gorgeous aren't you? I can tell we are going to be good friends!

Quote Originally Posted by Voltsmasher View Post
    Because it's not the same as slaughtering your own soldiers that are continually loyally fighting for you and then raising them as corpses to continue said fight in undeath.

I'm sorry but you either are just trying to get a rise out if people or dont care to think in a multifaceted manner.
    Funnily enough, in this particular case Tyrande is the one who actually set out to kill her own people on purpose.

In BfL, Sylvanas' intent wasn't to kill her own soldiers, they were simply out of their positions and got caught up in the Blight fest that ensued, which they state themselves after you pull them out of there.

Where was Maeiv supposed to be hanging out around this time anyway?

Watch my Warcraft 3 stuff in either YouTube, BitChute, DailyMotion, DTube, FruitLab, or Brighteon.

7+ Year Old Account
    "Traitors"

Quote Originally Posted by Voltsmasher View Post

So... slaughtering your own soldiers, loyal servants of your goddess and the night elves society, and the son of a demi god protecting your lands, to free a mad man considered as pretty dangerous, and also condamned by your goddess, it's pretty normal as a high priestress of Elune?

Quote Originally Posted by Ujimasa Hojo View Post
    Where was Maeiv supposed to be hanging out around this time anyway?
    She was on holiday in Uldum.
    Dickmann's Law: As a discussion on the Lore forums becomes longer, the probability of the topic derailing to become about Sylvanas approaches 1.

Tinkers will be the next Class confirmed.

Herald of the Titans Amaterasu65's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    "She has represented the highest leadership of the night elves since the fall of Queen Azshara and the Highborne caste ten thousand years ago."

She killed fellow night elves, former priestress of Elune, and a son of Cenarius to free a prisoner even Elune had condamned. Opposing Malfurion by the way.

High priestress of Elune < Elune
    Elune's will > Tyrande's will.
    Tyrande kill people following what Elune wants and the son of a demi god of the night elves.

And still she kept her title like nothing happened.

What kind of hypocrisy is that?

This is a sad trolling attempt in my opinion. Tyrande tried to save the world, not burn it or make everyone around her dead or worse.

Deleted
    They disobeyed a direct order from a commander - violence is understandable here.
    The question is why does Tyrande even worship Elune, if Tyrande literally devoted her entire life to pray to her and when Elune's own "children' are butchered she is like "Yee, I'll watch Netflix, let 'em burn"?

The political system is such a mess in the night elves society. Like you never know if the watchers went rogue or if they are just doing their job. Who is the ultimate leader? Is there a separation of power with the justice? Then you have Maiev disobeying Malfurion and Tyrande when she keeps chasing Illidan, yet she tries to bring Illidan back to Kalimdor (whats the poinf if he was pardoned???), then trying to kill Malfurion, etc. Then it seems that she gets back like nothing happened.
    I wish the writers weren't so lazy.
    Last edited by eurojust; 2018-11-19 at 06:25 PM.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Tyrande killing nightelves workers and a son of Cenarius

Everything is here. Malfurion opposes the idea, but does nothing to stop her.

What kind of leaders the night elves have?
    That's way worse than Sylvanas's deeds.

Everything is here :

So will you still follow her night elves?
    Do you think she should be overthrown? But by whom?
    You are 15 years late to the party....

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

7+ Year Old Account
    So... slaughtering your own soldiers, loyal servants of your goddess and the night elves society, and the son of a demi god protecting your lands, to free a mad man considered as pretty dangerous, and also condamned by your goddess, it's pretty normal as a high priestress of Elune?
    To free the only madman who knew how to stop the legion?
    yeah, i would say thats pretty fucking important, if not for illidan the legion would have won way back then...
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

That right there is the important bit in all this. Tyrande was the highest leadership for the Night Elves at that time. Her word was law. The Watchers disobeyed that law, they directly went against her orders and actively took measures to prevent her from accomplishing what she was trying to do.

And Elune has nothing to do with it. There's no history of Elune ever doing or saying or expressing anything in regards to Illidan. EVER. She quite simply had nothing to do with Illidan's sentencing.
    He was locked away purely under Tyrande and Malfurion's orders and then he should've been released on those same orders.

The Watchers that Tyrande killed? They just decided on their own that they understood Elune's will better than the High Priestess of Elune herself.

You have literally no argument here.

Quote Originally Posted by Primemrip View Post
    So what you are saying is killing traitors to your faction is the accepted practice among both factions?

Good, I'll make sure I see Suarfang put down myself.
    And the Forsaken who were plotting against Sylvanas in the book.

Quote Originally Posted by Mixxy View Post
    That right there is the important bit in all this. Tyrande was the highest leadership for the Night Elves at that time. Her word was law. The Watchers disobeyed that law, they directly went against her orders and actively took measures to prevent her from accomplishing what she was trying to do.

And Elune has nothing to do with it. There's no history of Elune ever doing or saying or expressing anything in regards to Illidan. EVER. She quite simply had nothing to do with Illidan's sentencing.
    He was locked away purely under Tyrande and Malfurion's orders and then he should've been released on those same orders.

The Watchers that Tyrande killed? They just decided on their own that they understood Elune's will better than the High Priestess of Elune herself.

You have literally no argument here.
    But she killed few Night Elves so she is WAY WORSE than Sylvanus!!!1! /s
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Thunder Focus Tea can now be combined with a bit of milk and a few drops of vanilla extract to produce a lovely hot beverage for all seasons.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    I think I missed the part of the video where Tyrande kills hundreds of innocent civilians as a part of her "strategy". I'm sure it must have happened and the OP merely "forgot" to include it, because that post was a totally honest attempt at genuine discussion of "gray morality".