Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    I currently have 3 cats. Used to also have 4 dogs but the dogs have all since passed of old age. The youngest was 16 years old and had to be put down due to cancer. As someone that has had both animals my whole life (Except the last 2 years no dogs) I am definitely a more cat oriented person. In my experience, and I know this isn't how it always is, cats are cleaner, cuter, and better cuddles. Dogs just slobber too much and I HATE cleaning up dog poo. I still have to because other dog owners don't when they pass my house and I get dog poop in my yard.

7+ Year Old Account
    All that moves is easily heard in the void.
    Quote Originally Posted by adam86shadow View Post
    Controversial title aside...
    lol...but clearly you believe it, so I'll point out what should be obvious. Dog owners are just people too insecure to handle the responsibility of dealing with a pet not bred to obnoxiously please them. That statement is no more valid or invalid than your statement; so it is less an controversial statement and more of a pointless statement.

As for dog poo, it is actually a health hazard when the owner doesn't pick it up. Many dog owners tend to walk their dogs in neighbors where the dogs poo near the sidewalk where people (most notably kids) will encounter it. On the other hand, most cats are indoor animals where they poo in boxes. And, regarding the few outdoor cats pooing in your garden, you are getting free fertilizer (for the most part) where the vast majority of the population is not being exposed...so while you are annoyed for rather petty reasons, we don't have the same health hazard as dogs.

As for better quality dog food, I'm all for that. Too much of the dog food being produced has way too much filler that the dog can't digest (hence, more poo than is necessary). It is like feeding people 30% fruits, vegetables, and/or meats while putting 70% grass in as well just to make it look like you are getting a deal.

Quote Originally Posted by Tommo View Post
    Pets in general are immoral and damaging to the planet. Most animal owners are lazy and irresponsible.
    Why is having a pet immoral?

10+ Year Old Account
    Cats that are raised in a quiet home are generally a lot more like dogs than you give them credit for. Very affectionate and attention-seeking.
    They even growl at the Pizza guy, postman.

A home with Kids, dogs that are loud and startle a cat can make a cat a completely different animal to ones that live in a home with people who give them attention. One of our cats used to even play fetch with piece of paper. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ewqCfpuUvT8

If we walk outside, our cats follow us and we even have a routine after work each day where we sit on the lawn in an area of the garden each day and they sit there around us. They also come inside when I whistle for them - for feeding them or when we lock up for the night.

Last edited by theWocky; 2018-11-19 at 07:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by adam86shadow View Post
    Controversial title aside of which I hold no strong opinion of either way I actually heard an interesting conversation on the radio about dog poo. Basically they were discussing owners that do not pick up dog shit and a few points caught my attention.

One person commented on the amount of plastic poo bags going to landfill and suggested we only pick up on pavements but not grass. Another commented on changing the ingredients in most dog food to limit dogs having the shits. The final point was somebody that suggested everyone should just get cats which irked me because I never encounter a dog shitting in my garden but regularly see neighbours cat shitting there
    the vast majority aren't plastic they are biodegradable cellulose , I checked quick and all 3 brands i have are. I used to have cat who would go and shit right on the neighbors front lawn, i think it was a dominance thing with their cat

Dog owners are just people too lazy and irresponsible to own horses!
    Ridicule is the only weapon which can be used against unintelligible propositions. -Thomas Jefferson

Personally I find it a bit shite to own an animal and dictate its existence from thereon out.
    I cant speak for other pet owners, but I have a female cat and my familiy and I adopted her 10 years ago. We gave her a home and food and love. She would have probably died if not for us. She was found in the street and taken to the vet we have in our town.

As for dictating her existence, far from it. She does whatever she wants, when she wants. She spends her days sleeping in my dad's pillow (she loves it for some reason) and bathing in the sun. She's a happy cat.

If that is still immoral, then I dont understand. I am aware that there are people who dont treat their pets well, but that's not all of pet oweners. Not even close.

That's all I can say from a personal perspective.

15+ Year Old Account
    yet i dont have to get up in the middle of the night and go outside for my animal to use the bathroom

- - - Updated - - -

Personally I find it a bit shite to own an animal and dictate its existence from thereon out.
    this is hands down one of the most idiotic things i've ever read. my cat who i adopted 2 years ago does what she wants when she wants she has her dry food out and 2 places to get water she has multiple toys and cat beds placed throughout the house and is more loved that she was in that cage at petsmart. just for another little point my family and i have had cats in our lives for since i've been alive most living to uncomonly long ages going as high as 23 years old
    Well then get your shit together.
    Get it all together. And put it in a backpack. All your shit. So it’s together. And if you gotta take it somewhere, take it somewhere, you know, take it to the shit store and sell it, or put it in a shit museum, I don’t care what you do, you just gotta get it together.
    Get your shit together

10+ Year Old Account
    So i guess the solution is to give a robot pet to those owners then.
    Don't sweat the details!!!

I have a dog, cat, and potbelly pig, all are treated well and taken care of.
    World of Warcraft: Shadowblands
    Diablo Bore.

So basically, the title of your thread has nothing to do with the topic you want to discuss.
    Anyways, on the issue of poo, all animals shit. Cats CAN go in a box, but outside they're not followed by their owner, so I guess everything goes there. But dogs shit a whole lot more, and piss a lot, so there's also the question of quantity. I've stepped in dog shit in a park where the owners either didn't give a shit (tee-hee) or they were stray dogs, and it was a horrible experience and took me 20 minutes of cleaning to fix, and the stench was beyond imagination.
    Mother pus bucket!

15+ Year Old Account
    I'm just a cat person, I prefer cats. I have 2, Elune and Netherspawn.

I like dogs too, but my work doesn't leave me enough time to properly care for one, so it's off the table at this point.
    Here is something to believe in!

Title is really misleading to what you are talking about. It seems the conversation you were listening too was talking about dog owners that are too lazy to pick up poop, and the argument was put forth "if you can't pick up your dog's poop get an animal that will poop in a box instead".

Quote Originally Posted by Theodarzna View Post
    Anyone whose insta says "Cat Mom" or talks of "Fur Babys" I know is insane.
    I feel personally attacked right now Theo.

I rescued a cat because she was cute, and she's an indoor cat so I have to clean her litter box. Checkmate.

I like dogs but me and my fiance work the same 8 hour shift and I think its cruel to leave a dog locked in a cage for 8+ hours. We have cats which are definitely lower maintenance. We travel a lot and it's not feasible to leave a dog home every weekend. We can leave the cats at home by themselves for 3 days without any worry.

Also ppl in their late 20s and older that get a dog instead of having kids, are weirdos. Usually single ppl trying to fill the void. Fur mommas and the like. I avoid them.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by AryuFate View Post
    Cats are cute and dogs aren't.

I had a dog and my girlfriend has three cats. I think I have enough experience with them as I help her and I look after them by myself when she is out of town for couple weeks, and I would say it is not that easy. While cats do not require you to take them outside, they are quite messy since they sh*t inside the litter box which is inside the house, they shed a lot, and they can tear and break stuff a lot. In the end, it still requires lots of regular effort.

The Unstoppable Force Theodarzna's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Moralgy View Post
    I feel personally attacked right now Theo.
    In my friend group, there are girls with cats and girls with kids, I have a daughter and a tortoise, and I'd never call myself his mom.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    i think I have my posse filled out now. Mars is Theo, Jupiter is Vanyali, Linadra is Venus, and Heather is Mercury. Dragon can be Pluto.
    On MMO-C we learn that Anti-Fascism is locking arms with corporations, the State Department and agreeing with the CIA, But opposing the CIA and corporate America, and thinking Jews have a right to buy land and can expect tenants to pay rent THAT is ultra-Fash Nazism. Bellingcat is an MI6/CIA cut out. Clyburn Truther.

Quote Originally Posted by Theodarzna View Post
    In my friend group, there are girls with cats and girls with kids, I have a daughter and a tortoise, and I'd never call myself his mom.
    No Theo, you must call yourself a shell mom and post 1000000 pictures on instagram with your child. #shellLyfe