Poll: Would you like a more peaceful expansion?

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    Peaceful? No. An expansion without a major threat that instead builds up new threats? Yes.

I want to kill shit and get loot.

In a peaceful expansion, what could they possibly then use to justify us still killing shit...?

Ew no. I want war and conflict as much as possible. The more conflict the better. And NEVER EVER make the factions cooperate again, that's fucking annoying.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Queen of Hamsters View Post
    I want to kill shit and get loot.
    So... Diablo?

Quote Originally Posted by Enrif View Post
    So... Diablo?
    Oooor, fuck that, and I'll just continue playing World of WARcraft like I have been for a decade now...?

Yeah, sounds good to me. You change what game you play if this one ain't to your liking.

Peaceful? No! This is not World of Hugcraft. Let it all burn.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Every expansion needs some kind of driving conflict, but it doesn't need to be cosmic horrors all the time. And that's the part WoW has increasingly been failing at. Sylvanas doesn't need to be a Knaifu-wielding Lich Queen N'Zoth Supplicant, she can just be a bad person doing war crimes. MoP did it great. It had a strong conflict driving it, but it wasn't just throwing tentacles in your face constantly (until the end, which I don't think anyone was excited about).
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Deleted
    There is never peace in this world.
    Not even when you are retired.
    We live in dark times and only a "war game" is appropriate for the time.

I feel emo at the moment.

Eh, doubtful. There will always be conflict in WoW, whether it's Horde vs Alliance or another separate threat.

What I'd like is a city building game like Pharaoh (by Impressions Games) set in Azeroth. Never going to happen but it would be a great expansion.

10+ Year Old Account
    I would absolutely love to see an 'exploration' based expansion, something that actually gets built out in stages (Think early Isle of Quel'danas/Molten Front).
    Gaming: Dual Intel Pentium III Coppermine @ 1400mhz + Blue Orb | Asus CUV266-D | GeForce 2 Ti + ZF700-Cu | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 | Whistler Build 2267
    Media: Dual Intel Drake Xeon @ 600mhz | Intel Marlinspike MS440GX | Matrox G440 | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 @ 166mhz | Windows 2000 Pro

IT'S ALWAYS BEEN WANKERSHIM | Did you mean: Fhqwhgads
    "Three days on a tree. Hardly enough time for a prelude. When it came to visiting agony, the Romans were hobbyists." -Mab

I think the best we can get is what happened during the beginning of Mists of Pandaria: no looming threat over the horizon, with isolated, local skirmishes, while helping the local populace and try to convince them to join your side. Then the villain would reveal itself in later patches.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ielenia View Post
    I think the best we can get is what happened during the beginning of Mists of Pandaria: no looming threat over the horizon, with isolated, local skirmishes, while helping the local populace and try to convince them to join your side. Then the villain would reveal itself in later patches.
    So what they kinda-sorta tried to do with BFA but couldn't resist shoving Sylvanas and Tentacles in our face while claiming they aren't?
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MalfLFT View Post
    If peaceful means smaller conflicts spread throughout azeroth kind of like in Vanilla then I am down with that.
    Pretty much this!

Could make it work, go to old zones. Rebuild, clear out remnants of old threats. Get closure on a lot of storylines, see the results of our actions. Go back to old dungeons, clear them out again. Animals, bandits, cults, rogue elementals. All manner of small localized things to do to make the world better. Get things set up for the end of the expansion, when the next big bad shows up. Literally just drops in with an army, wipes us out. No giant big threat, just fixing our world, got some friction in some areas for pvp purposes. But for the most part just the races of Azeroth finally having a moment that they can just relax, and actually rebuild.

I doubt that the player base would be able to handle a peaceful world expansion. You would still need a threat, something to keep the citizens at a peril enough that the hero would need to come out.
    Worked well enough for Vanilla. Straight out of the boss we had no big bads, but we still had dungeons and raids were added as we went. The first reall big bad wasn't added until BC. Nax had Kel, but since he was just a raid boss and not the villain of an entire expansion I don't count him.

I would love an expansion that take us back to a base content game.

7+ Year Old Account
    I could see this being possible after a "timeskip" period in the lore. Though it would probably involve an approaching threat more than a world at peace.

Start of expansion, Azeroth has experienced 8 years of peace since the death of the Lich Queen, the faction war has ended as a result of the Alliance and Horde joining together as a single united faction, the Defenders of Azeroth. The void lords pushed back to their own domain and the door sealed shut, the malevolent McGuffin Light Forces have been all but wiped out.

But something stirs in the shadows, a new threat emerges, etc, etc. You know, generic new threat stuff.

Experience a world at peace as it is slowly dragged in to its next conflict.
    TEA IS DOWN!

Sylvanas is what you get when you cross Joffrey Baratheon with a mary sue. Change my mind. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

You can't have a peaceful game...unless you wanna go play farmville

Deleted
    Patch 9.3: Sitting in garrison. Achievement unlocked: Netflix & Chill.

I honestly wouldn't care either way.