Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Vakir View Post
    Complaining and anger comes from a position of passion.
    Doesnt sound like very comfortable, fun and healthy position. Glad not being passionate...

Quote Originally Posted by Eucaliptus View Post
    Doesnt sound like very comfortable, fun and healthy position. Glad not being passionate...
    I'm not saying everyone passionate is angry or complaining. Just that the whole premise of "these are just people who are HATERZ, positive comments only pls" is equally as unproductive as a lot of the negativity spewed is. And indeed, a lot of the core premise of some complaints are silly, it still comes from people who want the game to be good. Someone who uniformly doesn't like WoW is just going to be indifferent to it.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by wWwSQUiSHY View Post
    There's a distinction between constructive feedback about the systems being bad and the typical MMO-C poster, is what I mean. Saying the game is dead and everyone who likes it is a fucking retard doesn't exactly help blizzard make the game better.
    This has not been the case in mmo-c for ages.

The typical complaint threads are actually very specific. There's of course a subsection who, like you, exagerates and baits. But they are merely a minory.

If everyone who complained about BFA sucking left, they'd have to turn off the lights.

Some people pay to play the game.

Some people pay to complain.

One has to conclude that much of the value the perma-complainers get from their subscription is having something to complain about.

Quote Originally Posted by Radaney View Post
    No, the wow developers don’t need more yes men. That’s half the reason the game is as shit as it is today.

People who complain properly actually want the game to be good.
    The problem is, complaining very rarely gets anything done, unless it reaches the levels of outcry that the Battlefront 2 Lootbox fiasco did.

The best way to show your disdain for a product is to vote with your wallet. Your complaints mean nothing if you're still forking your cash over to the greedy developers and rewarding their shitty anti-consumer practices.

Quote Originally Posted by Tsharna View Post
    Nobody at Activision cares. They want all the money, not happy players. Can be done and is being done currently.
    (Bolded the portion I refer to.)
    I doubt that's true, they'd make more money if they could please people. It would just be really hard to please everyone since people can't agree on everything.

You can't really make people be constructive, even if you can teach them how to be. Some will, some won't.
    "If you can't take the heat, get out of the kitchen."

Quote Originally Posted by A Chozo View Post
    This has not been the case in mmo-c for ages.

The typical complaint threads are actually very specific. There's of course a subsection who, like you, exagerates and baits. But they are merely a minory.
    typical complaint threads here are also very retarded

Quote Originally Posted by wWwSQUiSHY View Post
    This isn't an alt account, I've just never had the drive to post on forums until recently. I'm also not baiting people, at least not on purpose. Most of these comments are from the exact type of person I mentioned who don't understand the difference between constructive feedback and having a meltdown like a 5 year old.
    So you're baiting on purpose. It's like going over to Reddit and asking "Do you think Trump is good for America", or something like that.

Honestly, what kind of answers did you expect when posting this thread? Because I'm pretty sure that no one who takes a second to think about it would answer that "yes, people providing feedback in the form of 'LOL GAME DED'" are really helpful" - which means you're just here to trigger those who are so angry / dissatisfied that (probably in the heat of the moment) they don't care about formulating constructive feedback.
    Last edited by reauxmont; 2018-11-20 at 01:30 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by MoanaLisa View Post
    It depends on the quality of the complaint.

It's difficult to take much of anything posted here as serious as many, many regulars here have already quit.
    The rest, who are mostly demanding attention should consider whether gathering a bunch of attention on a fansite is life-fulfilling.
    You are not really painting a very positive picture of this site here. suggesting 'many, many' regulars have already quit, and having a dig at other posters for just wanting attention.

The real issue is the Echo chamber that has been created by pushing away many, MANY members whos opinions simply dont align with the majority, and putting tags on them as shitposters, troublemakers, trolls etc. A fair bit of the time its just because they dont have the same opinion. Could be part of the reason many, MANY people have left.

Quote Originally Posted by reauxmont View Post
    So you're baiting on purpose. It's like going over to Reddit and asking "Do you think Trump is good for America", or something like that.

Honestly, what kind of answers did you expect when posting this thread? Because I'm pretty sure that no one who takes a second to think about it would answer that "yes, people providing feedback in the form of 'LOL GAME DED'" are really helpful" - which means you're just here to trigger those who are so angry / dissatisfied that (probably in the heat of the moment) they don't care about formulating constructive feedback.
    I apologize for giving people the benefit of the doubt. Some number of the posters here understood the intention, because I really don't know if it would be better. My gut instinct says yes, but I've never seen any successful game that doesn't have some small toxic subset. It's interesting to think about whether that subset actively improves the game, if somehow their overblown complaints do get through to Blizzard and help affect change.

If you shut out all of the complainers, you shut out proper criticism. There are two kinds of complainers. The person who bitches and doesn't play the game and the person who bitches and still plays the game. Why do they still play? The latter wants things in game to be changed for the better, sometimes they offer useful, sometimes they don't. But, the idea of shutting out complainer is lucidcrous and narrow minded.

7+ Year Old Account
    People who complain properly actually want the game to be good.
    Yes, and most of the people that complain aren't doing it as you say, "properly. Most complaints are rather subjective to the individual experience, and taste. Which isn't good criticism to take advantage of.Its hard to have a constructive or remaining constructive for long enough discussion with most people that have an issue, or complaint about something in game. Many are from a technical standpoint that most people wouldn't have the necessary background to even comment on but takes it upon themselves to do so.

Quote Originally Posted by Evaddon View Post
    Yes, and most of the people that complain aren't doing it as you say, "properly. Most complaints are rather subjective to the individual experience, and taste. Which isn't good criticism to take advantage of.Its hard to have a constructive or remaining constructive for long enough discussion with most people that have an issue, or complaint about something in game. Many are from a technical standpoint that most people wouldn't have the necessary background to even comment on but takes it upon themselves to do so.
    Im sorry to say this but i honestly have no idea what you are trying to say here, its all VERY confusing, but what i can guess is that you are saying subjective complaints are not 'proper' complaints.

Truth is though, if many people are saying the same thing, even if it is subjective, blizzard should probably be taking notice. If blizzard decided to make all the new armor sets bright pink, many people would complain. It would be subjective, obviously, but that is advice blizzard should listen to if there is an overwhelming majority saying the same or similar things.

Hiding behind 'yeah, well, thats just like, your opinion....man." is really not constructive either.

Activisikn share droped by 27% in less then a month. Soon they will panic. Thats a huge loss.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by miwonehema View Post
    typical complaint threads here are also very retarded
    As are typical white knight threads
    Quote Originally Posted by trimble View Post
    WoD was the expansion that was targeted at non raiders.

Quote Originally Posted by Soon-TM View Post
    As are typical white knight threads
    people don't circlejerk blizzard, they come in to tell the retarded whiners that they are wrong. nice try though

Complaining about complainers must be the pinnacle or irony.

Yes, it is. The .0 always makes the bulk of the crybabies quit, and the game and community only improve in patches .1 and after.
    Burn the heretic. Kill the mutant. Purge the unclean.

15+ Year Old Account
    People who complain properly
    But that's the point, so many people these days don't know the meaning of properly, and just rage.
    Here is something to believe in!