Page 13 of 16 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    I would name my son Thrall so he could make thrall's balls jokes his whole life. I think he would thank me for that down the line

If you want to, do it. They are beautiful names and pretty unique. It's better than naming your child North when your last name is West.

Quote Originally Posted by Debased View Post
    Who woulda guessed? Another hot-headed, menace to society pit-bull.
    Who said anything about a "menace to society"? I simply called it a "hot head" because he barks at every single thing that crosses the sidewalk in front of the house. Outside the house, in a leash, he's pretty cool. Even when I have visitors, if I welcome them in the house, he's calm.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by micwini View Post
    If you want to, do it. They are beautiful names and pretty unique. It's better than naming your child North when your last name is West.
    or misspelling it kanye, when its meant to be kayne

Deleted
    It's super trashy, just like people naming their kids after car- or designer brands.

But yeah, these people exist and thanks to their names they are easily filtered out, for example by recruiters when they try to apply for a job.

Quote Originally Posted by slaskel View Post
    It's one theory, yes. Not confirmed though.
    Very very likely, a lot of the descriptions of religious experiences match drug trips, it would be childish not to think so.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by your mother View Post
    you get no red lines if you keep javascript turned off
    Thanks, Mom.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Unholyground View Post
    Very very likely, a lot of the descriptions of religious experiences match drug trips, it would be childish not to think so.
    Well, one of the mysteries of Christianity is why the disciples didn't just give up on their faith after Jesus died and supposedly did not come back to life. No one has any good answer to this dilemma. Mass hallucination is one theory, but it's flawed.

Well, one of the mysteries of Christianity is why the disciples didn't just give up on their faith after Jesus died and supposedly did not come back to life. No one has any good answer to this dilemma. Mass hallucination is one theory, but it's flawed.
    It really isn't worth worrying about in the end, the human mind is very easily tricked so any kind of trickery could have happened.

Deleted
    It really isn't worth worrying about in the end, the human mind is very easily tricked so any kind of trickery could have happened.
    By whom? Who had the incentive?

By whom? Who had the incentive?
    There is always incentive, clearly there we're vastly more intelligent people with big plans back then that easily puled a con on people by today's standards who we would medically consider mentally retarded. So it would be like fooling a small child.

Deleted
    There is always incentive, clearly there we're vastly more intelligent people with big plans back then that easily puled a con on people by today's standards who we would medically consider mentally retarded. So it would be like fooling a small child.
    The historians who study the subject disagree with you.

And also, that people of the past were unintelligent is a myth, they were pretty much as clever as we are today, they just knew less.

I've always considered Leia as a name for my daughter, which my wife actually also likes a lot (and no, a son wouldn't be named Luke), so it might still happen one day.

I don't think there's anything wrong with naming your son after any persons or character, whether it's real or fictional, but I've always kept one rule:
    - Don't name your kid after anyone whose story is not yet fully told.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dynati View Post
    Patience and reason do appear to be in short supply these days in the gaming community.

7+ Year Old Account
    Currently 47°, -122° ... Originally 53°, -9°
    My sons mother and I met in WoW and had a long & healthy relationship. I played a rogue for a long time. We made our sons middle name "Mathias".

Quote Originally Posted by Vaelorian View Post
    3. Anduin
    That's a Tolkein reference, not WoW. They just swiped the name from the major river from Middle Earth.

Quote Originally Posted by klepp0906 View Post
    please tell me your baiting and this isnt a thing. those that fall lower on the bell curve, have broken our species to such a degree that anyone(thing) on the outside looking in, would be like wttttffff lol.

I mean, we already know of the ppl that name their kids tequila, and northwest, and blueivy, and dream..... Cause, kids are now accessories, named to show how trendy and hip you are amirite? Who cares how retarded the names sound when theyre adults, or at a job interview. Jesus.
    If I was a girl born in the '00s-'10s, I can tell you that I'd much rather my parents name me Jaina or Sylvanas than something like fucking Dakota or Brooklyn... But maybe that's just me.

Wife and I met on WoW roughly 10-11 years ago.. After about 3 years of knowing each other I was working in her state and we decided to meet up. We had a great time and eventually fell for each other. Two years later we had our daughter. While she was pregnant we were going through the usual name process and she jokingly said "we should name her Jaina". We both laughed and then sat in silence for a couple of minutes. I said "you know... I actually really like that"... She agreed. However, even though we named her Jaina, we didn't really name her "after" Jaina Proudmoore.. we just really liked the name.

She is now seven and I can't think of anything else I'd rather call her. Now my sister in law is pregnant with a girl and she wants to name her Tyrande so the two can take over the world.. /roll eyes lol

I get compliments on her name being pretty constantly.. then the usual "where did you come up with that name?" Sigh, it never gets easier to answer lol

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Chickat View Post
    If I have a son I'm going to name him Tirion. Jaina for a girl. I'm horde, but I cant name my kids Thrall or Saurfang lol. Maybe Garona or Lilian.
    Lilian is a normal name. I got a aunt Liliian.

Quote Originally Posted by Laerrus View Post
    I know someone who named their son Rohan.
    This is actually a normal name, especially in Indian culture. It is amusing that a lot of people into fantasy first jump to Lord of the Rings.