Thread: No Diablo 4

Page 20 of 24 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Legendary!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Hey, at least they are buffing set bonuses next patch. Premium content just keeps flowing in for Diablo 3.

Quote Originally Posted by Violetti View Post
    45% is not true, and blizzardstocks are far from being the only ones going down last month
    Yeah it was my bad, I don't know why I was a spack and thought it was at 89 Dollars when it was at 69 Dollars, so yea 30ish% but still hurts a lot. Also mentioned about it being a general trend since October.

Reforged Gone Wrong The Stormbringer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by Kathranis View Post
    TBH, no youtuber or streamer should build their entire career around a single game or arguably even franchise. Sooner or later they have to branch out and develop their own independent brand and persona, otherwise they'll eventually get left behind. There are very few games that are sustainable long term.
    That depends on what else they're doing. Kripparrian, for example. He and Rania work their butts off, not only to produce content, but to do things to build investments, savings, etc. They spent a ridiculous amount of time helping build their own house to save money and the like. Even if Hearthstone loses popularity in the next few years, they've shown they're quite good at saving and making smart investments. They'll be fine even if they drop to half or a quarter of their audience.

Quote Originally Posted by DeltrusDisc View Post
    http://pathofexile.com/

You can even play the entire game for free!
    The problem is, D3 had the right idea about skills, all the older style ARPG games force you to focus on only one ore two abilities and potions for mana and health regen which is very outdated.
    Lead Game Designer

YouTube Channel

https://www.youtube.com/@Nateanderthal

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Unholyground View Post
    The problem is, D3 had the right idea about skills, all the older style ARPG games force you to focus on only one ore two abilities and potions for mana and health regen which is very outdated.
    This, so much this. I love how ppl think there were choice in builds, either you went for one of two meta build for each class or you went absolute idiot. That was your choice, and real efficient end game mostly came to "hold one button and chuck potions like moron for max efficiency", people wanting and praising that system are either braindead or has no idea what they are talking again.

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mrgreenthump View Post
    Their stock being down by 45% since Blizzcon is quite the reminder on how not to do things. Then again all of the big gaming companies are on the decline so it's probably not all about them. Still though, they must be panicing.
    I sincerely hope so. I don't want to stop supporting Blizzard, they make great games, but if they really "sell out" then... what other choice do I have? =/ Definitely interested to see what happens over the coming weeks and months.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Unholyground View Post
    Perhaps, but what about everything they didn't have the right idea about? Like consistent content updates? Look at PoE, sure, maybe the system is a little dated in comparison, but all of the different ways they have been adding intrigue and content to the game easily makes me not worry too much about a potentially dated skill system.
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

For Azeroth!
    15+ Year Old Account
    We got D4 /s

Diablo 2.6.4

Why not 2.6.2 ? Blizzard Trolling us?

Quote Originally Posted by DeltrusDisc View Post
    Perhaps, but what about everything they didn't have the right idea about? Like consistent content updates? Look at PoE, sure, maybe the system is a little dated in comparison, but all of the different ways they have been adding intrigue and content to the game easily makes me not worry too much about a potentially dated skill system.
    They added tons of stuff in patches for the first few years, it is not free to play so their revenue from the games fluctuated heavily unlike PoE. Soon as your game revenue model changes the core game changes along with it.
    Lead Game Designer

YouTube Channel

https://www.youtube.com/@Nateanderthal

Quote Originally Posted by Nixius View Post
    Quite true. The only way I've ever had any effect on the gaming industry getting myself heard is by voting with my wallet. Diablo Immortal will be no exception. Flying in Warlord's of Draenor comes to mind as an example. Hopefully others will do the same so we get listened to when the gazillions aren't flowing into Acti-Blizz's coffer's because they have trolled their own fan's. I think BlizzCon was the final straw for many Diablo fans.
    Blizzard doesn't even give surveys any more when cancelling a sub. If they weren't massively out of touch before, now we don't even have a good way to communicate why we are quitting.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by The Stormbringer View Post
    That depends on what else they're doing. Kripparrian, for example. He and Rania work their butts off, not only to produce content, but to do things to build investments, savings, etc. They spent a ridiculous amount of time helping build their own house to save money and the like. Even if Hearthstone loses popularity in the next few years, they've shown they're quite good at saving and making smart investments. They'll be fine even if they drop to half or a quarter of their audience.
    In other words his career isn't built entirely around Hearthstone.

10+ Year Old Account
    Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by Kathranis View Post
    In other words his career isn't built entirely around Hearthstone.
    Yes, but he's planned things out so that even if it fails, he won't be in economic straits. He'll be able to move onto something else. Not to mention he does a few videos every now and again about new games that come out.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Puupi View Post
    I wonder when the "news for PC players later this year" will happen.

There's what...6 weeks left of this year?
    Some shitty patch for some shitty new season.

Quote Originally Posted by Riistov View Post
    I still think it's coming. After this debacle, they almost have to.
    do we really want a game made purely out of spite though?

Quote Originally Posted by The Stormbringer View Post
    Kripparrian didn't start out with Hearthstone, though. He was making content for other games before he branched out to Hearthstone.

10+ Year Old Account
    Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain Proton View Post
    Kripparrian didn't start out with Hearthstone, though. He was making content for other games before he branched out to Hearthstone.
    His audience was also very, very small back then. It grew to the size it is today almost completely thanks to Hearthstone.

Quote Originally Posted by shaunika123 View Post
    do we really want a game made purely out of spite though?
    No, but I think they were already working on it before the whole blizzcon fiasco. I think it just might expedite the announcement.

Quote Originally Posted by Riistov View Post
    No, but I think they were already working on it before the whole blizzcon fiasco. I think it just might expedite the announcement.
    if they were, why didn't they announce it?

they KNEW people were be gonna upset about the mobile game, so why not announce d4 to cushion the blow?

they couldve thrown together a 10 second teaser, and nobody wouldve been upset.

if they were, why didn't they announce it?

they KNEW people were be gonna upset about the mobile game, so why not announce d4 to cushion the blow?

they couldve thrown together a 10 second teaser, and nobody wouldve been upset.
    From their handling of the situation, everything points to them not knowing how people would react to a mobile game being the biggest announcement of Blizzcon.

And it's quite common thing in the industry, look at how EA handled C&C mobile. How Bethesda is handling Fallout 76.. The list just goes on. The people who make the decisions in these major companies just don't know and more important don't care as long as it brings the money.

Quote Originally Posted by mrgreenthump View Post
    From their handling of the situation, everything points to them not knowing how people would react to a mobile game being the biggest announcement of Blizzcon.

And it's quite common thing in the industry, look at how EA handled C&C mobile. How Bethesda is handling Fallout 76.. The list just goes on. The people who make the decisions in these major companies just don't know and more important don't care as long as it brings the money.
    well, that's actually way worse, if they didnt anticipate people being upset about it then they're more out of touch than I thought.

7+ Year Old Account
    well, that's actually way worse, if they didnt anticipate people being upset about it then they're more out of touch than I thought.
    They literally had no idea that it wouldn't be well received. They thought they would have a resounding success on their hands. The thought process was "NetEase will make this for us, it will cost us almost nothing, and everyone already has phones so Blizzcon will think this is amazing! And we'll make tons of money because this takes almost nothing to develop!" They have NOTHING else in development. The "multiple projects" are: Diablo 3 for Switch. The garbage mobile game. A new season for Diablo 3. And a Netflix series. Honestly at this point I wouldn't be surprised to see Diablo themed cereal announed as a serious project.