Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by stross01 View Post
    You're right. My crusty tired posting was wrong. I will correct it.

However, let me solve the second incredible mystery that will shock everyone: you have an Ignore Pain trait on your chest and likely more mastery and versatility than i do. With Battle Shout and double 385 str trinkets, I'm at 32,578 per Ignore Pain.
    I tested IP trait once on Fetid and it's still garbo, I'm using DC, Shield slam one and Archive

Also I was thinking about max cap

Quote Originally Posted by Zendhal View Post
    I tested IP trait once on Fetid and it's still garbo, I'm using DC, Shield slam one and Archive

Also I was thinking about max cap
    I was just standing in town. I do not know when I have archives up, flask, or anything like that.

Well we do have the lowest hp pool and we dont have any mean of selfhealing :/ (i know that selfheal doesnt go well with the warrior class but at this point i doubt anyone can use that argument for wow ). The IP change seem like a good idea specially if you think that the whole community of prot wars were asking for it since BFA beta and blizz thought "nah its ok" so now they removed it from GCD (not gonna thank them for something we were asking for the last at least 4 months ).

Better sustain, smaller gaps in mitigation, a wee bit of utility (Shield Slam dispell) and a community perception
    short of making them OP, the last one isnt going to change.

Others have detailed Prot's issues, so I'll weight in with my personal fixes

Anger Management baseline. It's just way too crucial to the spec. Along with DM and Avatar off the GCD.

Higher block chance outside of Shield Block or some sort of other mechanic that enhances our passive mitigation.

A use for Crit. Just, anything. Make weapon crits provide a stacking buff to the next IP for example.

Crucially, we need utility. I think a weapon sweep that knocks back enemies in front of us (or, to differentiate from Druids, in a 360 arc) would be both flavorful and useful. Shield Slam dispel is also an option but seems a bit powerful in today's environment maybe. A grip seems very unlikely, perhaps a return of Gag Order or a talent which makes Taunt stop casting and force the target to melee you?

15+ Year Old Account
    Recovery options. Only one is impending victory which I like but it's negligible compared to death strike for example...

The way prot warr was during antorus was awesome for me. It was fast paced, but if they return it to that state and implement as a talent the effect of the lego belt it would be perfect. Current state is a polar opposite, a fragile slow paced tank with weak defencive abilities and GCDs

delete wrong post misread
    Last edited by pinkz; 2018-11-17 at 11:02 PM.

i agree that prot needs something but people need to stop asking for healing, or grip or something else DK has that they dont.

its not going to happen.

Quote Originally Posted by dcc626 View Post
    i agree that prot needs something but people need to stop asking for healing, or grip or something else DK has that they dont.

its not going to happen.
    I'm super, ultra, MEGA curious to what you think we could be given if not something similar to either of those.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by stross01 View Post
    I'm super, ultra, MEGA curious to what you think we could be given if not something similar to either of those.
    Permanent damage reduction buff for non blockable damage along the lines of paladin mastery. Possibly related to crit so we don't feel like shit opening our cache half the time.

Give it a new Talent/spell ""Dragging Chains" (maybe replace that idiot fear shout or shockwave)

Puts a chain on [every oponent/up to 5 opponents] that are in range x. With Every Step the warrior takes he drags the chained enemies with him. For 4 seconds after usage Dragging Chains can be used a second time.

Effect of second use:
    The warrior rips the chains which interrupts all casted spells. Every enemy that was dragged more than 5 meters is pulled in the dirt, stunning him for z seconds.

There you have a unique spell that gives positioning tools and utility and needs to be played well with.

Feel free to discuss.

Quote Originally Posted by swatsonqt View Post
    Give it a new Talent/spell ""Dragging Chains" (maybe replace that idiot fear shout or shockwave)

Puts a chain on [every oponent/up to 5 opponents] that are in range x. With Every Step the warrior takes he drags the chained enemies with him. For 4 seconds after usage Dragging Chains can be used a second time.

Effect of second use:
    The warrior rips the chains which interrupts all casted spells. Every enemy that was dragged more than 5 meters is pulled in the dirt, stunning him for z seconds.

There you have a unique spell that gives positioning tools and utility and needs to be played well with.

Feel free to discuss.
    An AOE shield slam knockback with a daze/stun would work well thematically too. Other specs do bring knockbacks, but what is more warrior-like that knocking the shit out of opponents with a shield bash?

The spec would also need improvements to damage reduction outside of long CD's too, but most importantly it needs to not feel like like total ass to play in comparison pretty much every other tank.

Quote Originally Posted by Psidum View Post
    Permanent damage reduction buff for non blockable damage along the lines of paladin mastery. Possibly related to crit so we don't feel like shit opening our cache half the time.
    I was thinking something resembling utility. Being able to move an enemy from point A to B in an instant is invaluable, but the functionality of the ability expands even further. It's another taunt. It can interrupt abilities that can't be interrupted. It can interrupt abilities you couldn't otherwise because of DR's or the GCD. It can pull enemies to different planes. It can pull things into places without breaking CC.

Gorefiend's Grasp is just a way to do it on a massive scale. Putting every entity in your pull into cleave range of damage, CC, and though rare, into or out of LOS is pretty incredible, while nobody else has anything similar except DH (albeit it being slower).

- - - Updated - - -

Effect of second use:

Feel free to discuss.
    I like this idea, but I'd call it like "Meat Hook".

It'd function just like Death Grip, but strictly horizontal graphic. It simply pulls the mob to you and, if it pulls over 10-15 yds, it stuns or dazes or something.

Having it grab things within range that are in combat, but not with you, would be goofy. Kiting backwards would also be goofy.

10+ Year Old Account
    Remember when Warriors had an on demand ranged silence? Remember when they had an AOE taunt banner which could pull all adds to them from a distance? Remember when they had magic dispel?

They removed all that utility. Too powerful for a tank to have all that right?

Except, now the other tanks have this kind of stuff and what do warriors have? Shockwave, I guess?
    Looking for laid-back casual raiding on EU?
    Our community is looking for more players: Take a look and hit me up for info!

Effect of second use:

Feel free to discuss.
    hoooo boy that would be so cool. You could target this like a cone, starting narrow from you but widening as it covers more angle. and you click it (like heroic leap) then boom every body has a fucking chain on their necks, we pull them while they are helplessly disoriented trying to not get choked(imagine that in game effect) we pull them 5 meter chain breaks but they are now stunned (a relief period after almost getting choked to death)

cool shit. will never happen i guess.

Been playing BFA as a warrior, expected to play Prot... but that didn't work well... I leveled a Blood DK just now, reached 120 today... and wow... The mitigation options and self-healing is amazing by comparison, even without epic Azerite, I was able to already bypass my Warrior's M+ rank with 322 ilvl versus my warrior's 367 ilvl...

With my warrior, 99% of my deaths occurred because my CDs were blow and SB wasn't up, for roughly 6-8 seconds, I take far too much incoming damage to push high keys. My healer simply can't handle the incoming burst damage that I take in that window. It's so bad that we mitigate her healing CDs with my rotation to compensate and basically eat boss raw attacks... which kills her mana and CDs. Naturally, that is far greater risk compared literally any other tank. The fact that I ran a brand new dinged 120 Blood DK and got a higher key on the first attempt... is simply insulting.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Leih View Post
    Remember when Warriors had an on demand ranged silence? Remember when they had an AOE taunt banner which could pull all adds to them from a distance? Remember when they had magic dispel?

They removed all that utility. Too powerful for a tank to have all that right?

Except, now the other tanks have this kind of stuff and what do warriors have? Shockwave, I guess?
    A weaker shockwave no less, the average damage is far lower in regard to % than it has ever been.

I get it, most tanks are suppose to hit like wet noodles because PvP balance is awful. But with how PvP is designed in BFA, they can offer more utility to PvE Prot and something decent for damage that isn't TC.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Torrasque View Post
    I was able to already bypass my Warrior's M+ rank with 322 ilvl versus my warrior's 367 ilvl...
    That just says you're bad prot warrior tbh

That just says you're bad prot warrior tbh
    Been Prot since vanilla and now is the only time I have issues. That said, it is specific to M+, not raids.

Quote Originally Posted by Gref View Post
    hoooo boy that would be so cool. You could target this like a cone, starting narrow from you but widening as it covers more angle. and you click it (like heroic leap) then boom every body has a fucking chain on their necks, we pull them while they are helplessly disoriented trying to not get choked(imagine that in game effect) we pull them 5 meter chain breaks but they are now stunned (a relief period after almost getting choked to death)

cool shit. will never happen i guess.
    i read it and thaught "man that would be so cool...how he describes it...awesome!

and then the last sentence xD

sadly...it's cool that for blizz will never consider it^^