Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by caervek View Post
    Clinton used a personal email server she owned in order to conceal the stuff she was up too because she was shady.
    Clinton kept using the email server her IT staff had set up for her 2008 Presidential campaign, and for the same reason Ivanka did: it's what she was used to.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by draynay View Post
    I think you missed the part where we judge her based on the stupid actions of her husband.
    Good point.
    Jared will give us plenty of ammo.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by cronotose View Post
    Secretary of State deliberately creating a private email server to conceal dealings, which she then deletes the instant it is put under scrutiny, =/= the laymen first daughter using a gmail account to plan largely social events.
    Trump supporters really proving out that "repeat the lie" saying. That's three lies right in one sentence.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nalera View Post
    Using a personal email is not a severe criminal offense lol. Using one to send classified information is.
    Remember this claim.
    It's the next talking point that they'll be walking back when classified info is discovered.
    Help control the population. Have your blood elf spayed or neutered.

Quote Originally Posted by Krastyn View Post
    There is currently a campaign against her?
    It asks the question for both women. Are they justified?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ragedaug View Post
    The hilarity is that WaPo will go out of their way to be hypocritical just to show the other side is hypocritical.

I would say, if Ivaka broke the law, she should be held accountable, just like I believe Hillary should have been.

Otherwise, the reason Republicans will defend her is because they are tired of seeing their representatives being held accountable and tossed out for doing the same stuff Democrats do and are not held accountable for. So I know they are being hypocritical, and I'm not excusing that, but I can understand why when we see Hillary continued to be celebrated, with no chance of being charged with anything, based on what Trump said after the election.

*and I do give credit to my liberal friends here at MMO-C. For the most part you guys are being consistent (at least what I've read so far) saying you don't care about Ivanka's email habits.
    Both sides are hypocritical, for sure. But the fact that there will be no witch hunt for Ivanka by Republicans is one of many reasons I haven't voted Republican in a while. It's NOT about principal, it's about us vs. them. The worst part is it's about something this silly as sending a few emails. The energy expended on Hillary is not because of her 'crime' but was because of her party, and that is something that I can't tolerate. It's corruption at its finest.

I was outraged in what, 2017 or 16 when Republicans were refusing to hear a scotus nomination to wait for the election results so they could appoint 'their man' to the court. Then I learned that Dems did it years ago, the same exact thing, and it's just disheartening. That's just silly politics and it makes sense (although I fully disagree with its validity), but this witch hunt hypocrisy is straight up intolerable for me. I will wait to see how it shakes out the next few days.

This discussion is now over, the Cheeto has spoken!

"You're talking about a whole different -- you're talking about all fake news," Trump said. "There was no deletion, there was no nothing.
    - - - Updated - - -

"No deletion" ....is this now the new Trump go to phrase that he ends all his sentences in? Is he going to retire good ol' "No collusion"?
    IMPOTUS Donald Trump's presidency summarized:
    -- as he blamed others for the crisis, basked in self-congratulation and xenophobia, and misled the country about his actions so far.

Quote Originally Posted by Jonnusthegreat View Post
    I was outraged in what, 2017 or 16 when Republicans were refusing to hear a scotus nomination to wait for the election results so they could appoint 'their man' to the court. Then I learned that Dems did it years ago, the same exact thing, and it's just disheartening.
    The Dems did it to who exactly?

I also don't remember the Democrats forcing an unpopular Partisan and Alleged Rapist SCOTUS Nomination Through.
    Last edited by szechuan; 2018-11-20 at 11:23 PM.
    A Fetus is not a person under the 14th amendment.

Christians are Forced Birth Fascists against Human Rights who indoctrinate and groom children. Prove me wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    There isn’t a single nominee the Dems held from a comfirmation vote or refused to hear one. As per https://www.politifact.com/truth-o-m...ocrats-never-/
    Figures, Republicans screwed over Democrats badly by getting a Partisan Hack and an alleged Rapist like Brett Kavanuagh through, the incidents mentioned are not equatable to what the Republicans and Mitch McConnel did.

Christians are Forced Birth Fascists against Human Rights who indoctrinate and groom children. Prove me wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Zaktar View Post
    Ivanka Trump can't be? I'm pretty sure she has a formal position at the White House, advisor to daddy dearest or something like that.
    She cannot be. Nepotism laws prevent that. She is not in any position that can be legally made for her to work for the President. She is an "adviser", a non paid position that has no official title that was made up for her.

Quote Originally Posted by Orbitus View Post
    She cannot be. Nepotism laws prevent that. She is not in any position that can be legally made for her to work for the President. She is an "adviser", a non paid position that has no official title that was made up for her.
    yet she has access to Top Secret info...

Quote Originally Posted by szechuan View Post
    yet she has access to Top Secret info...

Yep, she has been given security clearance, even though she cannot legally work as a paid Whitehouse employee.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Orbitus View Post
    Yep, she has been given security clearance, even though she cannot legally work as a paid Whitehouse employee.
    Not even in the first few pages of the "laws Trump broke" list.
    It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire shakes, the shakes become a warning.

-Kujako-

It asks the question for both women. Are they justified?
    Depends if the situations are the same or not. Currently Ivanka has been found to just send emails, nothing classified. So until classified information has been found to have been sent, they aren't really on the same level.

Furthermore, for all the investigations, what was the result of sending classified emails privately? Nothing. So if there is no punishment for doing it, why would they again make an issue out of it? It has been established that it's ok*.

*Ok in the sense that nothing bad will happen if you do it, so why not?

But I agree that everything is just partisan. If it wasn't, then Republicans should be asking for an investigation, and Democrats should be coming to her defense. Just like with everything else these days, things are polarizing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zaktar View Post
    Ivanka Trump can't be? I'm pretty sure she has a formal position at the White House, advisor to daddy dearest or something like that.
    Can we call her position Electra-in-chief?
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    Quit using other posters as levels of crazy. That is not ok

If you look, you can see the straw man walking a red herring up a slippery slope coming to join this conversation.

https://talkingpointsmemo.com/news/g...-ivanka-emails

"Gowdy Officially Requests Information, Briefing On Ivanka’s Emails"

"Oversight and Government Reform chairman Trey Gowdy (R-SC) wrote a letter to chief of staff John Kelly Tuesday requesting a briefing on Ivanka Trump’s private email account usage, including identification of any emails containing classified information.

“Ms. Trump’s use of a personal email account for official communications may implicate the Presidential Records Act and other security and recordkeeping requirements,” he wrote.

He set the deadline for the requested information as December 5.

Gowdy was one of Republicans’ primary attack dogs when it was Hillary Clinton’s improper use of a private email account that was dominating headlines, gaining attention for his Lindsey Graham-esque performances at hearings with DOJ officials."

Letter included in link.

Maybe they can bring in the same investigative team that worked on the Clinton case and spend another 20 minutes looking into it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeezy911 View Post
    Maybe they can bring in the same investigative team that worked on the Clinton case and spend another 20 minutes looking into it.
    That doesn't make sense, even for you... want to try again? We'll give you a mulligan.
    It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire shakes, the shakes become a warning.

-Kujako-

We wouldn't want to have 8 investigations over the course of years because legislators didn't get the results they wanted now, would we?

Quote Originally Posted by szechuan View Post
    Doesn't matter, conservatives still love him for passing Right Wing Laws and is considered a conservative by many.
    Pretty much. With all the twittering and watching Fox news he does, I doubt he gets really involved in passing laws and the nominations. I still don't think Trump actually wanted to win the election, and is delegating nearly all the actual governance to other folks, and he's standing by with his shiny pen to sign "TRUMP!" on every paper they put in front of him.

The GoP however, will continue to give him a pass as long as they see conservative governance and nominations, and most importantly as long as Trump keeps punching the media.

- - - Updated - - -

Both sides are hypocritical, for sure. But the fact that there will be no witch hunt for Ivanka by Republicans is one of many reasons I haven't voted Republican in a while. It's NOT about principal, it's about us vs. them. The worst part is it's about something this silly as sending a few emails. The energy expended on Hillary is not because of her 'crime' but was because of her party, and that is something that I can't tolerate. It's corruption at its finest.

I was outraged in what, 2017 or 16 when Republicans were refusing to hear a scotus nomination to wait for the election results so they could appoint 'their man' to the court. Then I learned that Dems did it years ago, the same exact thing, and it's just disheartening. That's just silly politics and it makes sense (although I fully disagree with its validity), but this witch hunt hypocrisy is straight up intolerable for me. I will wait to see how it shakes out the next few days.
    Yeah, the hypocrisy is so blatant on both sides, yet a large majority of politically vocal people will refuse to admit it and solely focus on the failings of the other tribe and give their tribe a pass.

I don't think politics will get fixed until each side cleans their own house. Sadly the only thing both tribes will unify on is defeating any group trying to fix either side. Neither side has a vested interest in the other tribe getting fixed, because they would be more difficult to demonize. Look at the "Intellectual Dark Web" for example. You have both conservatives and progressives that have been disowned by their parties for having the audacity to say, "my party can do some things better".

"Take the time to sit down and talk with your adversaries. You will learn something, and they will learn something from you. When two enemies are talking, they are not fighting. It's when the talking ceases that the ground becomes fertile for violence. So keep the conversation going."
    ~ Daryl Davis

10+ Year Old Account
    They cannot. Trump fired Comey, because he was spending 20 min looking into Russian collusion.
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

Quote Originally Posted by Ragedaug View Post
    Look at the "Intellectual Dark Web" for example. You have both conservatives and progressives that have been disowned by their parties for having the audacity to say, "my party can do some things better".
    BWAHHAHAHAHAHA you give the "Intellectual Dark Web" too much credit, plenty of them are if anything anti-intellectual, hypocritical, and not Skeptical like they want you to believe.
    Last edited by szechuan; 2018-11-21 at 06:32 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by caervek View Post
    In fairness there is a huge difference here.

Clinton used a personal email server she owned in order to conceal the stuff she was up too because she was shady.

Ivanka used a Hotmail/Yahoo/whatever account because she's stupid.

While both broke a rule there is a monolithic difference between the two, it's like saying wrestlers Sid Vicious and Chris Benoit both no showed a major event, it's technically true but it ignores the glaring difference that Sid was busy playing softball and Chris was busy slaughtering his wife, child and himself.
    Considering they didn't find anything particularly shady in Hillary's emails, I find this to be the most hilariously bad excuse for Ivanka in this thread.
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    i could give her the benefit of the doubt and accept that she didn't know using private personal email for government business was a breach of security (although it seems kind of obvious) IF her father didn't spend the majority of his campaign blaming Clinton for exactly that.

Either she lived under a rock for the duration of the campaign, or she knew and she's not being candide with her response right now.