Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by City Pop View Post
    I've thought about this, but I don't think I want to always be try-harding in casual BGs. Sometimes it's fun to just blitz noobs.
    While winning is usually the most pleasurable activity, sometimes you just wanna say fuck it, let's zerg.

Think about the toxicity. There's bound to be a couple bad eggs with groups of this size. But now imagine the (perceived) failure of a teammate wouldn't just cost you a couple conquest and honor points but also set you back on your road to a rating sufficiently high enough to bolster your ego?
    We're talking swamps of toxicity, shrouded in noxious fumes and you are standing knee-deep in it.
    No, thank you.
    I like my BGs the way they are. Random. Relaxed. For the most part, that is. And should I ever get tired of all the noobs, there'll always be the option of grouping up with four certified non-noobs and wreck faces in a format where coordination may as well be a foreign word writ in hyroglyphics.

7+ Year Old Account
    As much as I would love to have something to gain from doing random BGs (rip WoD and earlier armor from honor system), I find it great to have an option that is just a giant pool of random people. I'm starting to grow resentful of all the "matchmaking" that is appearing in games, with Overwatch easily being the worst offender.

I 1000% agree. It should be like Casual in Hearthstone, or Quick Match in Heroes of the Storm. There's a hidden MMR behind the scenes, but no one ever sees it, its only used by the queuing system to group you with other similarly skilled players. That said, queue times would go up. The question is, how much longer would they be and at what point is it not worth it?

I play Alliance so my queues are nearly instant, but for the ease of the conversation let's assume with the addition of a hidden MMR system, queue times would be about the same for both factions (though they likely wouldn't). For me personally, up to about 10 minute queues would be the max I would want to wait for a hidden MMR BG match. Anything more, I think I'd rather keep it the same. Alliance wins 46% of the games anyway, fairly close to half, so not a HUGE deal.

However, horde queue times would likely be 20-30 min I have a feeling. That however, might get more horde to swap to alliance, AND would even out the queue times more also. I'm surprised more people don't play alliance, based on the "Enlistment Bonus" to honor gains, but that's a separate discussion. :P

Legendary!
    15+ Year Old Account
    SOME gear score would be nice, and restricting the amount of healers to not be above the opposing faction. Almost every BG I join end up being a fucking slaughterfest for one side at more or less a 50/50 win/loss ratio. Balanced BGs are a thing of the past apparently.

Quote Originally Posted by Ultima View Post
    Given queue times at current, I do not want to see this implemented.
    Queue times drop significantly if you blacklist BG's that require 20-40 players.
    "If you can't take the heat, get out of the kitchen."

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by baeboo View Post
    Queue times drop significantly if you blacklist BG's that require 20-40 players.
    What expansion are you playing, my friend? Blacklisting BGs is a thing of the past, much like Elvis Presley but with less drug abuse.

Quote Originally Posted by Lumrocks View Post
    What expansion are you playing, my friend? Blacklisting BGs is a thing of the past, much like Elvis Presley but with less drug abuse.
    I don't play anymore, and I don't bother to keep track of news anymore, either.

Blacklisting doesn't happen anymore? Why? Some of the BG's still intact I would love to blacklist if I still played. The newer BG's have pretty poor map design.

Edit: Well, it was a good idea when blacklisting was still a thing, but I guess you guys are just screwed then.
    Last edited by CritFromAfar; 2018-11-20 at 06:46 PM.

I disagree with the MM. I like the random aspect. If you contribute to the team you will generally win. Its very easy to rally people together if you're not toxic.
    Last edited by Rhall; 2018-11-20 at 06:59 PM.

Deleted
    I don't play anymore, and I don't bother to keep track of news anymore, either.

Blacklisting doesn't happen anymore? Why? Some of the BG's still intact I would love to blacklist if I still played. The newer BG's have pretty poor map design.

Edit: Well, it was a good idea when blacklisting was still a thing, but I guess you guys are just screwed then.
    Then commenting on the current state of the game is an odd choice. Haha
    What they did was split the BG queue into two. One for "normal" random BGs and one for epic random BGs, i.e. AV, IoC and soon Wintergrasp. They must've assumed since many people used to blacklist these BGs (and they removed SotA) that there is no need anymore now.
    I disagree. Partially because I loved SotA but also because I really, really dislike the Temple of Kotmogu.

Quote Originally Posted by Lumrocks View Post
    Then commenting on the current state of the game is an odd choice. Haha
    What they did was split the BG queue into two. One for "normal" random BGs and one for epic random BGs, i.e. AV, IoC and soon Wintergrasp. They must've assumed since many people used to blacklist these BGs (and they removed SotA) that there is no need anymore now.
    I disagree. Partially because I loved SotA but also because I really, really dislike the Temple of Kotmogu.
    Basic things don't change much, as the things I referred to were true for a long time, lately I've been finding out that's untrue. Which is fine by me, it's not like it affects me much. I don't mind learning about things this way, it's just mildly embarassing.

Lol. Blacklisting would probably still lessen queue times.
    I hated SotA. Somehow I always managed to pick a faction that lost. I loved Kotmogu because I was good at surviving with one of the orbs until I could 1 shot people. That was pretty fun.

15+ Year Old Account
    Basic things don't change much, as the things I referred to were true for a long time, lately I've been finding out that's untrue. Which is fine by me, it's not like it affects me much.
    Well, clearly that's not the case! They have been true "for a long time" but it's not relevant anymore. Lastly, it may not affect you - but it'll certainly confuse some posters.

I quite like the split of BGs and Epic BGs with a revamped Wintergrasp to be added to the Epic BG queue. I don't see how blacklisting would shortern the queue with the current system, I would say it would actually lengthen it.

Quote Originally Posted by Ultima View Post
    Well, clearly that's not the case! They have been true "for a long time" but it's not relevant anymore. Lastly, it may not affect you - but it'll certainly confuse some posters.

I quite like the split of BGs and Epic BGs with a revamped Wintergrasp to be added to the Epic BG queue. I don't see how blacklisting would shortern the queue with the current system, I would say it would actually lengthen it.
    I'm basically saying I didn't know, so I wasn't exactly doing it to intentionally misinform people about WoW. Everytime someone has pointed out to me how I was wrong, so it hasn't exactly been like people have just been blindly accepting it. I've accepted I was wrong and left it at that. I only meant the changes in WoW wouldn't effect me, as I don't play anymore.

Well, if the queue system hasn't changed other than separating bigger BG's from smaller BG's, then it could still technically shorten it if used right. Not as much compared to before, but maybe a tiny bit. Either way it was nice to be able to black list BG's I didn't like.

i agree, they should add rated battlegrounds, why don't they have this option? Kapp

You cant blacklist BGs anymore meng. And the Epic BGs are their own queue