Poll: "Summon plz" or "omw"?

Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Redsoldier06 View Post
    How is it better for the group?
    Because I get there faster and the group can begin faster?

I join, use my whistle, select the nearest flight point and browse the internet. Once I see a summoning window pop up or get to my destination (whatever happens first) I fly/run to the dungeon. Neither do I ask for a port nor do I write "omw".
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    Baine is like the most unlikeable character you are supposed to like.

I usually say 'On my way, but if there are summons available that's awesome' and start hauling my backside to where I need to be.
    RETH

I get an equally bad impression from both of these, and only get a good impression from people using complete sentences or at least capitalization and punctuation. Is it so hard to type a few more words and act like humans?

"Hello, everyone. I'm heading over to the dungeon!"

"Hey, all! Can you give me a summon? I'm far away."

^ These are both people I feel confident grouping with.

"omw"

"summon"

^ These are both people I assume will be bad.

Quote Originally Posted by ablib View Post
    Neither. But if I had to choose, definitely "omw".

I instantly kick people who say "summon plz". Not only can I not stand lazy entitled people, I can't stand "plz" instead of "please" -- this just relates to lazy though.

I also dislike "omw", because your ass should already be here. Why are you sitting in a city looking through the group finder, instead of at the site? However, I'll give "omw" a pass because people may just not know.
    Because you dont know what dungeon you're gonna do until you get accepted to a group you apply to. When I look for groups in just looking for anything +8 or higher, not a specific dungeon. That said, as soon as I get into a group I am immediately heading there and was already by flight master to get going wherever destination ends up being.

Quote Originally Posted by Jonnusthegreat View Post
    Because I get there faster and the group can begin faster?

Why are you asking that as a question?

My impression is that people over 30 get upset about little things. Saying summon please is just an indication that as one of the last people in the group or a realisation that you are the furtherest away, a summon is prob necessary. As all group members should be making their way to the dungeon regardless I find that "omw" is just showing off. There is no real need to say it unless to say "look at me. I'm better than you because I am doing something expected but I'm telling you".
    Quote Originally Posted by Nizah View Post
    why so mad bro

If someone types "1" without moving or asking for a summon, I'll usually just kick em. Just comes off as entitlement to me.
    http://thingsihaveneverdone.wordpress.com
    Just started my 24/7 LoFi stream. Come listen!
    https://youtu.be/3uv1pLbpQM8

Quote Originally Posted by Dundebuns View Post
    I usually say 'On my way, but if there are summons available that's awesome' and start hauling my backside to where I need to be.
    This is also a person I am comfortable grouping with when I see this.

Quote Originally Posted by alturic View Post
    That's because of the instant gratification generation, nothing more. Sure you of course have the outliers who value others time, etc but the vast majority of people under 30 expect everything to be done for them.

As you can tell, I agree with you that I always would start making my way there, if I happened to get a summons mid-flight, great, but outside of that... yea. It's just the generation. Doesn't help that Blizzard contributed to the entitlement.
    took a grand total of one post to go there already.

Quote Originally Posted by Firefall View Post
    I get an equally bad impression from both of these, and only get a good impression from people using complete sentences or at least capitalization and punctuation. Is it so hard to type a few more words and act like humans?

"Hello, everyone. I'm heading over to the dungeon!"

"Hey, all! Can you give me a summon? I'm far away."

^ These are both people I feel confident grouping with.

"omw"

"summon"

^ These are both people I assume will be bad.
    I've seen plenty of eloquent players be absolute dog-shit and/or asshats. Being easily fooled by someone's ability to put words together = why snake oil salesmen still exist.

Quote Originally Posted by ablib View Post
    Why are you asking that as a question?
    Because it seemed obvious, unless I'm missing some huge facet of WoW I missed over the last 14 years.

Quote Originally Posted by shaunika123 View Post
    Exactly.

It's pathetic at this point, should be considered trolling to bring up some arbitrary age limit for when people start or stop suffering from human entitlement, something that's been a fact of humans for millennia.

If I want to do a specific dungeon/raid, I go to the entrance before I even start looking for a group.

Otherwise, I start flying the moment I'm invited and generally say something like "I'm on my way but if a summon is possible, it would be appreciated."

Also, age has nothing to do with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Queen of Hamsters View Post
    Let's not.

Humans of all ages would ALWAYS take advantage of others and expect the easy way forward when possible, and choose the easiest path but expect the greatest rewards.

Trying to apply it to a specific modern generation is just retarded beyond belief and rests upon the assumption that every single person wasting other's time in-game, are below a certain age.
    Guess you haven't played since launch. I haven't seen the overwhlemingly amount of people asking for summons since... at the very least, Cataclysm.

Quote Originally Posted by Casperite View Post
    Because you dont know what dungeon you're gonna do until you get accepted to a group you apply to. When I look for groups in just looking for anything +8 or higher, not a specific dungeon. That said, as soon as I get into a group I am immediately heading there and was already by flight master to get going wherever destination ends up being.
    Yep.

/10 characters

"I Am Vengeance. I Am The Night. I Am Felfáádaern!"

Quote Originally Posted by shaunika123 View Post
    I'm only 33, the shit that this world has turned into is crazy. 15 years ago, the current "bullying" was simply called being picked on, and nothing was ever done about it or thought about it. Kids would get beat up every so often and nothing, nowadays it's totally different.

Shit, kids didn't kill themselves over the stupidest of shit they do nowadays.

People didn't go apeshit over guns like they do now.

Sorry, but it *is* the generation.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by alturic View Post
    That's because of the instant gratification generation, nothing more.
    Why do people carp on this stereotype like people haven't been like this since the day Warlocks got summons? Even back in 2007, I have clear memories of the long-ass flights and runs from IF to Scarlet Monastery, and being the only one at the meeting stone while four lazyasses spammed "Summon pls" (because apparently counting is hard).

It's got nothing to do with "instant gratification generation" and everything to do with people just being sucky people. Being sucky is the unifying aspect that crosses all generations and nations.
    Be seeing you guys on Bloodsail Buccaneers NA!

Quote Originally Posted by Queen of Hamsters View Post
    I've seen plenty of eloquent players be absolute dog-shit and/or asshats. Being easily fooled by someone's ability to put words together = why snake oil salesmen still exist.
    Tbh, I use common acronyms because 99% know exactly what they mean and they are more efficient without inconveniencing. I have nothing against efficiency, only against being entitled/inconsiderate.

"I Am Vengeance. I Am The Night. I Am Felfáádaern!"

Quote Originally Posted by Bathory View Post
    If someone types "1" without moving or asking for a summon, I'll usually just kick em. Just comes off as entitlement to me.
    I've seen lots of people who sit in a capital city, join a group, write "123" and if summon doesn't come, they just leave, same if they're told no summon available. Worst are those though that join the pug raid, get a summon, and don't accept it because afk / alt tabbed. That usually ends with a kick, and for a good reason.