Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Puupi View Post
    Well you don't expect much, do you?

The changes are what anyone can do after taking a look at excel for 15 minutes and then changing a few numbers in the code.
    Yeah.. that's kind of the point for a maintenance mode game that's no longer in active development. You can't expect real changes for a game that has no active developers on it.
    Your persistence of vision does not come without great sacrifice. Let go of the tangible mass of your mind, it is only an illusion. There is no escape.. For the soul burns on everlasting encapsulated within infinite time. A thousand year journey at the blink of an eye... Humanity is dust..

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vakna View Post
    The fact that you've only dabbled in Greater Rifts makes you wholly unqualified to make that judgement. Go take a brief glance at the top 100 solos, literally every single one of them uses the same set because it's better than all the others. All these changes have done is bring the unused sets inline with the best ones. For example, all the top wizards use Firebird because it simply does the most damage, Firebird didn't get any changes in this PTR patch, but sets like Tal Rasha and Vyr received some help to bring them on par with the damage output of Firebirds.
    I mean, you just admitted they just buff everything that isn't meta. If firebird falls behind for the next season, they'll buff that again. That's the power creep, take a look at the set bonus on PTR compared to the original numbers. It's extremely lazy design: You play the set that's top damage if you push high, if you like the playstyle of another set more than that's tough luck and you better hope the intern in charge of design puts a 1 in front of the right set bonus for the next season.
    ( ° ͜ʖ͡°)╭∩╮

Quote Originally Posted by Kokolums View Post
    The fun factor would go up 1000x if WQs existed in vanilla

Quote Originally Posted by Sting View Post
    I mean, you just admitted they just buff everything that isn't meta. If firebird falls behind for the next season, they'll buff that again. That's the power creep, take a look at the set bonus on PTR compared to the original numbers. It's extremely lazy design: You play the set that's top damage if you push high, if you like the playstyle of another set more than that's tough luck and you better hope the intern in charge of design puts a 1 in front of the right set bonus for the next season.
    We're talking about sets that are vastly behind in terms of performance, not just a few % or a couple rift levels. Having a couple rift levels between the sets is fine since RNG plays a large factor with end game rifting as well. They wont need to buff Firebird if it falls slightly behind, because it will still be viable and fun (useful). I'm honestly not sure why you expect more from a game in maintenance mode, you're acting like there are still people working on it.

D3 has been part of Classic Games since at least a few seasons, we're lucky they're even giving use themed seasons and set rebalancing to keep it interesting considering it's in the same stage as D2 at this point.
    Your persistence of vision does not come without great sacrifice. Let go of the tangible mass of your mind, it is only an illusion. There is no escape.. For the soul burns on everlasting encapsulated within infinite time. A thousand year journey at the blink of an eye... Humanity is dust..

Quote Originally Posted by MrPaladinGuy View Post
    Neat primal changes, but I'd still prefer some type of indicator on the gear icons that means it's part of a set in your armory.
    Know what’s even better? How about a friggin ITEM SEARCH function on the dang in-game armory? >_<

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mvaliz View Post
    Know what’s even better? How about a friggin ITEM SEARCH function on the dang in-game armory? >_<
    I'm not as picky as most, but some sort of indicator if a piece of gear is part of an armory set should have been implemented ages ago.

Other things I'd like to see are DB's appearing on the map, and pets picking up DB's.

I'm surprised we got the primal changes, I didn't think they'd ever do that. Now people know which legendaries to ignore instead of "OMG I CAN'T JUST NOT PICKUP THAT LEGENDARY AS IT MIGHT BE PRIMAL"
    10850k (10c 20t) @ all-core 5GHz @ 1.250v | EVGA 3080 FTW3 Ultra Gaming | 32GB DDR4 3200 | 1TB M.2 OS/Game SSD | 4TB 7200RPM Game HDD | 10TB 7200 RPM Storage HDD | ViewSonic XG2703-GS - 27" IPS 1440p 165Hz Native G-Sync | HP Reverb G2 VR Headset

I dont play D3 but i heard people already hit the Grift cap, is this actually true?

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by NtflxnChill View Post
    I dont play D3 but i heard people already hit the Grift cap, is this actually true?
    I wouldn't be surprised if some of the highest skilled players did it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by NtflxnChill View Post
    Some Asian players have cleared GR150 (cap)

https://www.reddit.com/r/Diablo/comm...0_of_my_group/

Last edited by MrPaladinGuy; 2018-11-21 at 02:52 AM.
    10850k (10c 20t) @ all-core 5GHz @ 1.250v | EVGA 3080 FTW3 Ultra Gaming | 32GB DDR4 3200 | 1TB M.2 OS/Game SSD | 4TB 7200RPM Game HDD | 10TB 7200 RPM Storage HDD | ViewSonic XG2703-GS - 27" IPS 1440p 165Hz Native G-Sync | HP Reverb G2 VR Headset

Quote Originally Posted by Puupi View Post
    Well you don't expect much, do you?

The changes are what anyone can do after taking a look at excel for 15 minutes and then changing a few numbers in the code.
    No I didn't expect anything, the game is literally in maintenance mode. There are no active devs on Diablo 3. The classic games department is running it now.
    Last edited by Volitar; 2018-11-21 at 04:27 AM.

So the two things that qualify as interesting are the Season of Grandure buff, because it shakes up the builds with an extra ring or armor slot, and the buff to legacy of nightmares making it potentially solid for T13 and low GR speeds for wizards finally. The latter is really exciting as I prefer to play wizard and LoN has been crappy for them basically since the get go, and there are actually quite a few cool builds simply held back by the multiplier on LoN.

I hope in their balancing of class sets they normalize the damage bonuses on a lot of skill specific single legendarys too in order to make LoN a little more uniformly usable.

Quote Originally Posted by mrgreenthump View Post
    If we assume D3 is not in active development, what is there to do than just trying to buff the underperforming sets. You cant just rework the whole system as that would require months of active development time and more than one or two people keeping the lights on which this seems to be.

Do I want more. Absolutely, but at the same time I gave my hopes from D3 a long time ago. The game has no additional monetization, so there really isn't any point expecting Activision-Blizzard developing it at all. This patch even seems like a panic move after they had to cancel their Blizzcon plans.

My point really is, that this is one of the only moves to bring some change into the game with barebones crew and without wrecking it totally in the process. The damage to Diablo 3 was done a long time ago. Reaper tried to repair it and it succeeded in some aspects, but it also removed a lot of the difficulty you faced in Vanilla D3. They openned a box that they can't close anymore with the set buffing and GR leaderboards, you would erase a thousands of hours of effort from people if you suddenly nerfed sets to somewhat sensible level. Not saying it couldn't be done with enough development time, but I doubt they have such allocations for the development time to begin with.
    We're saying the same stuff in different ways imho. Still, i don't think it's going to be a huge loss to redo stuff from ground up and test new things because of the D3 current state. I mean, it's as bad as it can get - at least they could use it as a test bench for new mechanics, but i agree that since it's in maintenance mode under the Classic Games team, there's no chance we're going to see anything more than this.
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.

Quote Originally Posted by demonyaa View Post
    Except PoE is supported by microtransactions and that cancer was eradicated from Diablo long ago.
    cosmetic microtransaction ,so the non cancer type

Quote Originally Posted by Popastique View Post
    https://clips.twitch.tv/DullUnusualReubenBatChest

And all we get is another dull Diablo 3 season while POE is getting another amazing season full of changes, new stuff to do and quality of life improvements.
    Not hard to understand D3 is in maintenance while D4 or whatever it will be called is being developed and worked on. PoE is like the WoW of ARPGs, which is constantly being developed for.

Does anyone know what time the ptr is going up?

For people that are playing the ptr:

How this change is goung?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Unforgivenn View Post
    For people that are playing the ptr:

How this change is goung?
    It lasted for only a week(already ended), brought the balance of sets a lot closer with some sets being a bit brokenly good(expecting them to be tuned down). But after that week it just turned itself down and we've heard nothing since. Their CMs just ain't doing a good job atm and the development of D3 seems to be handled by a sceleton crew as we saw no changes to anything while PTR was active.

In reality not much changed, they didn't change the spell values at all. Meaning that Monk example went from Sun'woko WoL spam to Inna's WoL spam. Although generator monk is now a lot better. Wizard went from Firebird Meteor to Tal'Rasha Meteor/possibly Del'sere Frozen Orb.

The real problem with the game is that some spells are just too strong, you are pidgeonholed into few specific legendaries and spells that have the maximum co-efficients that still work with your set. For instance Wizard sets all just increase your general damage(exept for Del'sere buffs specific spells), so buffing one spec infront another just changes the set and a bit of the playstyle.

And even worse the season theme is useless. Unless you are running LoN, you pretty much just add Endless Walk to your set and be done with it. For those that already had Enless Walk you get 1 more Legendary to equip, so guess that's nice, but as the amount of synergistic legendaries is really low and they mostly give +damage to what you are already doing, they don't change your gameplay at all either. Basically the season theme is just giving you pure power that they are taking away at the end of the season.

In short if you liked past seasons, it's now a bit refreshed with some previously unplayable sets now being better, but it didn't change much. It's something, but nothing close to enough for the game to have legs again. Certainly not when PoE 4.0 is drawing closer and Lost Ark is rumored to get western release in 2019.

New season starts january 11th https://us.battle.net/forums/en/d3/topic/20770676889
    Kind of a bummer, had hopes I could slaughter something over christmas.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    So I got back into D3 on the Switch after having not played since 2014.

It only took me a week to get 5-piece Inarius set and my damage is approaching 1.3M. Last time I played, it took me 3 months to get my sorc to maybe 500k DPS.

I was able to jump from Torment V to Torment IX - X easily. I just need a better weapon, and rings and I feel my character is completed.

I don't really care about min-maxing too much which is... not good for a Diablo game since it's the only reason for playing.

I just feel like it's pointless. I feel that my character is arleady OP as fuck and I don't see what's the point to keep grinding so I can do GR100+ on Torment XIII.

Diablo 2 had this perfect balance of enabling you to be strong to farm bosses and the Cow Levels (before they were nerfed) with hacked rune items so you could farm unidentified GFs/WFs to get the really OP runes. There was a point to it. There was a point to the grind so you could go from super strong to super OP.

I already feel OP with my Necro on Torment X. I don't see the point of doing it on higher Torment levels.

Damn, what a missed opportunity.

first the diablo 3 and nintendo switch giveaway to only people already that have diablo 3 and the nintendo switch

to a shitlong wait to a new season not even during the holidays

my god blizzard
    "It's 2013 and I still view the internet on a 560x192 resolution monitor!"

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by lollermittens View Post
    So I got back into D3 on the Switch after having not played since 2014.

It only took me a week to get 5-piece Inarius set and my damage is approaching 1.3M. Last time I played, it took me 3 months to get my sorc to maybe 500k DPS.

I was able to jump from Torment V to Torment IX - X easily. I just need a better weapon, and rings and I feel my character is completed.

I don't really care about min-maxing too much which is... not good for a Diablo game since it's the only reason for playing.

I just feel like it's pointless. I feel that my character is arleady OP as fuck and I don't see what's the point to keep grinding so I can do GR100+ on Torment XIII.

Diablo 2 had this perfect balance of enabling you to be strong to farm bosses and the Cow Levels (before they were nerfed) with hacked rune items so you could farm unidentified GFs/WFs to get the really OP runes. There was a point to it. There was a point to the grind so you could go from super strong to super OP.

I already feel OP with my Necro on Torment X. I don't see the point of doing it on higher Torment levels.

Damn, what a missed opportunity.
    Eh, I'm ok with the way D3 is. I don't min max or anything like that, I don't go to icy veins to look up specific builds, I just use what I want. I jumped from expert right to torment I, and within an hour I've absolutely trivialized it. I'm moving up to torment III now, I assume it will take about the same to trivialize that. That's the way Diablo has always been. Get better gear, to do higher difficulty, to get even better gear, to do even higher difficulty.

I will say the game is a hell of a lot more fun (no pun intended) on the Switch than it was on the PC, just because of the far superior controls on the console versions. Being able to play it portably is an even bigger bonus. But yeah, giving away a D3 themed Switch to people who already own the console and the game...is incredibly stupid. Sure a few people might enjoy "trading up" to a Switch with a special logo on it...but I really doubt most people care that much.
    Last edited by Stormspark; 2018-12-06 at 11:41 PM.