Poll: "Summon plz" or "omw"?

Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    The Lightbringer
    15+ Year Old Account
    I say OMW and head there and hope they summon me before I get there.
    Paladin Bash has spoken.

Quote Originally Posted by PaladinBash View Post
    I say OMW and head there and hope they summon me before I get there.
    Too logical for these people.

Deleted
    dont say anything at all

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghazan Julio View Post
    After having played a Warlock for years I can easily tell you the people who tell you to run like elitist nerds is a much bigger waste of time for the raid than just clicking a spell.

They literally put Warlocks utility in that form. Why would some jerkoff think they're better than everyone else and think they're some badass because they chose to say on my way. If two people are too lazy to summon then why would you really wanna play with them?

Brewmaster Koleee, you are the type of person I would call an idiot. You place your own fucked up sort of "code of honor" in a video game that puts a summoning spell in game for a very high damage consistent class. I think people like you are the problem and people on the forums who can't figure out that teleporting is faster than running

*drops mic* Warlock 4 lyfe
    This isn't about whats faster or not. There are people who simply don't see running to dungeons as a thing they need to do, ever. And then there's those of us who do run to dungeons, usually the ones who end up summoning. Those of us in the second group, see the first as leeches, because they expect us to do work for them. Am I wrong for expecting everyone in a group to contribute evenly?

You should never expect a summon, plain and simple. But some people not only expect it, they refuse to get to the dungeon any other way.
    Last edited by Jazzhands; 2018-11-21 at 03:21 AM.

Herald of the Titans Dristereau's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I don't say anything but I will usually head where I need to go. I don't like people asking for summons straight away, it puts a bad taste in my mouth towards them because it makes me think they're lazy beforehand and won't be reliable in the content.
    Dristereau - Axxolentus - Infernus - Sequentia - Nulo - Desterrar

Silvermoon
    - Shadowsong/Aszune - Tarren-Mill/Dentarg (SL Mage Tower: 29/36
    )

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Brewmaster Kolee View Post
    My initial impression is formed by two types of people in pugs. Those who join and immediately type "Summon plz" and those who immediately say "omw".
    I don't know if I am outlier or oldskool or just raised in a different time, but immediately asking for summons feels entitled to me. Like, regardless of circumstance, it presents a bad attitude. I *always* say "omw" and start running. If the group is able to summons and sends me one, so much the better.

What do you guys think?
    Am I crazy?
    Old fuddy duddy?
    Is this a generational thing?

<Poll incoming>
    So much smug in your post.

No, it's not entitled. If you get into a group, chances are they are, you know, ready to go, since they are, you know, assembling a group for a dungeon and not just sitting there, chatting and doing whatever. Literally every time i build a group i sit next to a summoning stone with at least two more members from my guild or friendlist, we invite people, summon them right away and gogogo. Honestly, i don't care what you type in chat - if your raid bar is gray then i click on your sorry ass and summon you.

In rare occasions of me looking for a group solo - i do that while going towards dungeon or a raid, instead of doing dailies or sitting idle until i see invite.

Jesus, entitlement to summons, that's where we're at as a community? picking on people for them expecting you to use a tool that is used to save time? And for gods sake, why do you "start running" only after getting into a group? Do you not know that you are queued for a dungeon? It happens at random?
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Dictionary
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

Quote Originally Posted by Phookah View Post
    People who join my group and immediately go "summon plz" just get kicked.
    Yup. I don't say anything or respond to them, they're simply removed.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Alextros View Post
    I usually dont sit around when joining a pug, I am either actively travelling there or already at the destination.
    thank you,

It's the only action that makes sense, because it doesn't matter if you type "omw" or "123" - you still isn't there and it's faster to summon your sorry ass than wait while you climb out of your darkmoon daily routine, "oh sorry i got camped on a flight point by alliance" and other bullshit that should be happening before your queued. If you value time of other players as much as OP implies he does
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

The "Summon plz" crowd typically earn an instant, mental hiss from me. I do not care for them at all.

Sense is to make your way to where you need to go, or be parked right outside, and any and all summons are just a bonus. I find it lazy to just get summoned, regardless of who or what you are. Heading there yourself shows that you're better prepared and that I can approve of, shows initiative, unlike the tendency to want a summon because that's how "instance queing" works.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bathory View Post
    If someone types "1" without moving or asking for a summon, I'll usually just kick em. Just comes off as entitlement to me.
    It work both ways, because by acting like this you are too lazy to do two mouse clicks to summon someone, but will do the same two mouse click "kick", wasting time of at least 3 other players in your very group. Good fucking job. Sounds very entitled for a) people being nice to you for no good reason b) people being right there next to a dungeon as soon as you invite them (which is understandable, but thankfully, you have summoning stones, so this doesn't matter. At all)

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Jazzhands View Post
    This isn't about whats faster or not. There are people who simply don't see running to dungeons as a thing they need to do, ever. And then there's those of us who do run to dungeons, usually the ones who end up summoning. Those of us in the second group, see the first as leeches, because they expect us to do work for them. Am I wrong for expecting everyone in a group to contribute evenly?

You should never expect a summon, plain and simple. But some people not only expect it, they refuse to get to the dungeon any other way.
    Great attitude for doing group content. Those damn leeches didn't wanted to run to the dungeon and we didn't wanted to run to the dungeon either before full group assembled. Now the whole run is ruined, because that was the main gameplay loop - running to the dungeon. No doing it. But running to it. And those who gets summoned have lost. Those who say that they want to get summoned lost badly, and those who sit there and expect a summon have lost beyond restoration. Right?

The whole point of summon and summoning stones is to get there faster and start doing shit faster. It's literally why they are there, there are no other reason, and you dare to say that "it's not about what is faster or not"? If you like spending time of someone else it doesn't matter if you like being summoned or you like to feel good about walking yourself - you still can waste someone else time. General rule of "how to do shit fast" is to get 4 players, 2 of them (DOESN'T FUCKING MATTER WHO, YOU ARE A GROUP AT THIS POINT. PICK THOSE WHO ARE CLOSER, PICK THOSE WHO AREN'T IN DIRE NEED OF PEEING OR GETTING COFFEE OR PUTTING DOWN BURNING CAT IN A KITCHEN) start moving to summoning stone, 5th player gets invited, 3 players gets summon, you go and do shit. No need of "123" or "onmywaying" at all. Feeling that someone feels entitled because they expect you to use game mechanics is simply idiotic
    Last edited by Charge me Doctor; 2018-11-21 at 04:10 AM.

Summon plz = lazy bastard, and probably a good indicator of the sort of experience you'll get in the instance with them. That's really all there is to it.

My stance always was and will be, if I got there on my own, so can you.

I always just head there. I might say OMW but I figure it should be assumed that if you invite me, I will get my own ass to the event.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Charge me Doctor View Post
    It work both ways, because by acting like this you are too lazy to do two mouse clicks to summon someone, but will do the same two mouse click "kick", wasting time of at least 3 other players in your very group. Good fucking job. Sounds very entitled for a) people being nice to you for no good reason b) people being right there next to a dungeon as soon as you invite them (which is understandable, but thankfully, you have summoning stones, so this doesn't matter. At all)

- - - Updated - - -

Great attitude for doing group content. Those damn leeches didn't wanted to run to the dungeon and we didn't wanted to run to the dungeon either before full group assembled. Now the whole run is ruined, because that was the main gameplay loop - running to the dungeon. No doing it. But running to it. And those who gets summoned have lost. Those who say that they want to get summoned lost badly, and those who sit there and expect a summon have lost beyond restoration. Right?

The whole point of summon and summoning stones is to get there faster and start doing shit faster. It's literally why they are there, there are no other reason, and you dare to say that "it's not about what is faster or not"? If you like spending time of someone else it doesn't matter if you like being summoned or you like to feel good about walking yourself - you still can waste someone else time. General rule of "how to do shit fast" is to get 4 players, 2 of them (DOESN'T FUCKING MATTER WHO, YOU ARE A GROUP AT THIS POINT. PICK THOSE WHO ARE CLOSER, PICK THOSE WHO AREN'T IN DIRE NEED OF PEEING OR GETTING COFFEE OR PUTTING DOWN BURNING CAT IN A KITCHEN) start moving to summoning stone, 5th player gets invited, 3 players gets summon, you go and do shit. No need of "123" or "onmywaying" at all. Feeling that someone feels entitled because they expect you to use game mechanics is simply idiotic
    It's not about what's faster because that's not what this thread is discussing. This thread is, among other things, discussing the mentality of players who refuse to run to dungeons and will immediately ask for a summon and afk until they get it, regardless of when they're invited or the current status of the group. With your interest of "Go as fast as possible all the time", these people are also detrimental to you, as they prevent groups from starting as quickly as they can. People like myself also prevent groups from starting as fast as possible, but only in response to the first group. If the first group didn't exist, neither would we.

However, I don't particularly care whether things are done the "fastest" way or not, and clearly most other people aren't, judging by the amount of times I've been the last person in a group and been the first to the dungeon. If people wanted stuff done the fastest way possible, they'd be on their way while they looked for a group. Which is basically what I do. Weird.

My personal favorite group is when I get to the dungeon, announce I'm going afk to grab a drink and such, then come back a few minutes later and everyone is still sitting around in the city. Then someone asks for a summon.

General rule of WoW is there are no General rules.
    Last edited by Jazzhands; 2018-11-21 at 04:43 AM.

i'm in the OMW group, or i wait till i'm there to look for a group
    Member: Dragon Flight Alpha Club, Member since 7/20/22

Quote Originally Posted by Jazzhands View Post

I'd say you should lower your expectations when you have a map of other people and where they are. This isn't rocket science.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by melodramocracy View Post
    Summon plz = lazy bastard, and probably a good indicator of the sort of experience you'll get in the instance with them. That's really all there is to it.
    No. There IS A CLASS SPECIFICALLY DESIGNED TO SPEED THINGS UP. You would be the lazy bastard here. Ohhh noooo I have to click a button to summon.

That is the ultimate form of laziness. If you don't want to summon, don't make a group. This is usually expected. It's called having common courtesy and it takes like 10 seconds to summon someone. Get over yourself.

- - - Updated - - -

If you people actually kick people for wanting a summon, you realize that person can just join a group with Actual adults in it. I can tell you firsthand 15 keystones in legion 10s now. Not everyone is a giant SJW nerd in the game. This is so pathetic lol

- - - Updated - - -

Am I a lazy bastard for summoning people? What if people just want to do the fucking dungeon and someone needed to grab some mats....if this is how you guys view other humans you might as well stay in the video game.

It work both ways, because by acting like this you are too lazy
    Calm down. I didn't say I have a problem with summoning people. I said I have a problem with people making no effort.
    Last edited by Bathory; 2018-11-21 at 05:26 AM.
    http://thingsihaveneverdone.wordpress.com
    Just started my 24/7 LoFi stream. Come listen!
    https://youtu.be/3uv1pLbpQM8

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bathory View Post
    Calm down. I didn't say I have a problem with summoning people. I said I have a problem with people making no effort.
    sorry, i've re-read my posts and i do in fact sound angry, but being angry wasn't my intention there, i just wanted to communicate how ridiculous this "camp war" is

sorry, i've re-read my posts and i do in fact sound angry, but being angry wasn't my intention there, i just wanted to communicate how ridiculous this "camp war" is
    Well this is bullshit regardless if you're angry. It's a bunch of lazy people calling other people lazy when they could just summon them and move on.

What about the special breed of players, who simply type "123"?