Poll: "Summon plz" or "omw"?

Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghazan Julio View Post
    Well this is bullshit regardless if you're angry. It's a bunch of lazy people calling other people lazy when they could just summon them and move on.
    Yeah, summoning stones are there for a reason - and reason being to make things faster. Both camps have some sort of weird expectation (read: entitlement) from what others (read: random people) should do to please their ego
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Dictionary
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ablib View Post
    I also dislike "omw", because your ass should already be here. Why are you sitting in a city looking through the group finder, instead of at the site? However, I'll give "omw" a pass because people may just not know, and there are other circumstances for why people are not at the entrance.
    Because sometimes people are looking/queuing for more then one dungeon at a time? Or the other scenario, where it can sometimes take 10+ minutes of looking/queuing to actually get into a group so sitting at the portal is like watching paint dry.

im always taking a fp toward the dungeon or raid and always saying "im flying there no need for summon" but i trully hate people who joins and instantly be like "summon plz"

The correct answer is "omw, summon if possible" or god tier is "I was already outside before I asked for invite"

I kick those who say "summon plz" if they're in a place with a portal that takes them super close to where they gotta be, or if there's a flight path with a landing right next to the group's destination.

Quote Originally Posted by Charge me Doctor View Post
    Yeah, summoning stones are there for a reason - and reason being to make things faster. Both camps have some sort of weird expectation (read: entitlement) from what others (read: random people) should do to please their ego
    You're the one going on about it for several pages...it's pretty clear people are talking about the "summon plz" people who type that out immediately when joining a group, typically when the group is still forming. It's pretty established gaming etiquette to make your way there instead of demanding a summon ASAP while sitting in whatever faction hub you happen to be on. There are very few groups that never summon. If a summons is available then you get one, if there isn't or the group is still forming then you better start making your way there. If everyone sat their lazy ass in town demanding a summon, then the raid would never happen.

Quote Originally Posted by Celista View Post
    You're the one going on about it for several pages...it's pretty clear people are talking about the "summon plz" people who type that out immediately when joining a group, typically when the group is still forming. It's pretty established gaming etiquette to make your way there instead of demanding a summon ASAP while sitting in whatever faction hub you happen to be on. There are very few groups that never summon. If a summons is available then you get one, if there isn't or the group is still forming then you better start making your way there. If everyone sat their lazy ass in town demanding a summon, then the raid would never happen.
    Celista I never liked you. You ramble on about things that have been covered. MOVE ON. You're the lazy one here.

- - - Updated - - -

And next time move YOUR lazy ass to the stone or be there if you're so obsessed with fucking time.

Celista I never liked you. You ramble on about things that have been covered. MOVE ON. You're the lazy one here.

- - - Updated - - -

And next time move YOUR lazy ass to the stone or be there if you're so obsessed with fucking time.
    Lol, triggered.

Lol, triggered.
    It gets old.

It gets old.
    I have two posts in this thread, nothing I said was redundant. I don't even know who the hell you are, and I'm going to bed. Hope your feelings aren't so hurt in the morning, therapists help with this sort of behavior btw.

10+ Year Old Account
    In general, people should check whether there are people present directly on spot who can summon, or at least sufficiently closer to the target destination.
    There is no point forcing others to wait just because getting summoned is considered "lazy".

The Patient
    7+ Year Old Account
    whether you're talking about five man dungeons or raids or some other kind of content, I am always firmly in the camp of being ready for the thing before que for it. now I'm not going to say I'm always going to be waiting right outside the dungeon immediately, but I will be close by a flight path and the moment I get invited I will make sure that I am on route to that location. Like the op said, if they are willing and able to give me a summon, that's fantastic... but I do not expect it or rely upon it and I do not wait to find out before I start traveling. I also instantly judge people in a negative light when they join a group and immediately ask for a summon, especially when they're like sitting in Org/SW or some other far off location that indicates to me that they made no effort to be ready for the group they were joining. At least be on the same damn continent.

I also have no patience for people who join a group and then say that they have to go repair or buy food and drink or transmog their gear or some other nonsense that they should have done before queuing up in the first place. the absolute best is when people join a group and then say something along the lines of, oh I just have to finish up these few world quests first and then I'll be right there. it really does just come down to a matter of not having any consideration or respect for other people's time, and I don't play that shit.
    Last edited by FecundDecay; 2018-11-21 at 07:02 AM.

If there's 2 people already moving to a dungeon, what's the point in starting to move there too? Waste of time, just wait for a summon.

I just say omw then wait for a summon, its the best of both worlds. I carry more than my own weight in a pug so the least those people can do is click a circle and get me there to carry them. Just Saiyan.

If I don't have the means to go to the place quickly and the group is ready, I usually say "could you please summon me?".

That is OK in my opinion.

The Patient
    7+ Year Old Account
    I'd say you should lower your expectations when you have a map of other people and where they are. This isn't rocket science.

- - - Updated - - -

No. There IS A CLASS SPECIFICALLY DESIGNED TO SPEED THINGS UP. You would be the lazy bastard here. Ohhh noooo I have to click a button to summon.

That is the ultimate form of laziness. If you don't want to summon, don't make a group. This is usually expected. It's called having common courtesy and it takes like 10 seconds to summon someone. Get over yourself.

- - - Updated - - -

If you people actually kick people for wanting a summon, you realize that person can just join a group with Actual adults in it. I can tell you firsthand 15 keystones in legion 10s now. Not everyone is a giant SJW nerd in the game. This is so pathetic lol

- - - Updated - - -

Am I a lazy bastard for summoning people? What if people just want to do the fucking dungeon and someone needed to grab some mats....if this is how you guys view other humans you might as well stay in the video game.
    no one should be waiting until they have already been invited to a group to go grab mats, if they need the mats after joining the group then they needed them before joining as well and that's when they should be buying them. The level of absurd righteous indignation you're spitting at people here is both hilarious and concerning. I'm going to go ahead and agree that you should seek some professional help, clearly you've got some issues you need to work out before you continue interacting with other human beings... And clearly you're part of what this poll would indicate is a pretty small minority. Maybe you're just not dealing with that realization very well?

Deleted
    Normally when I join a PuG I type: "Hi" and "thx" (for invite) followed by "omw" and "pls sum if possible" ... and start traveling to the group of course anyways.

After having played a Warlock for years I can easily tell you the people who tell you to run like elitist nerds is a much bigger waste of time for the raid than just clicking a spell.

They literally put Warlocks utility in that form. Why would some jerkoff think they're better than everyone else and think they're some badass because they chose to say on my way. If two people are too lazy to summon then why would you really wanna play with them?

Brewmaster Koleee, you are the type of person I would call an idiot. You place your own fucked up sort of "code of honor" in a video game that puts a summoning spell in game for a very high damage consistent class. I think people like you are the problem and people on the forums who can't figure out that teleporting is faster than running

*drops mic* Warlock 4 lyfe
    ? Never said I wouldn't summon; I help summon all the time. I can't summon by myself of course, and have stood by stone for several minutes while everyone else in group waits for one of the others to come help me.

As for the name calling, that says more about you than me. My post was humble and open to the possibility that my view is in the minority. You're the one tossing insults over a video game.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Bathory View Post
    Calm down. I didn't say I have a problem with summoning people. I said I have a problem with people making no effort.
    Exactly.

/10 characters
    Last edited by Felfaadaern Darkterror; 2018-11-21 at 07:22 AM. Reason: typo

"I Am Vengeance. I Am The Night. I Am Felfáádaern!"

10+ Year Old Account
    Kinda depends where I am. Most of the times I'll be owm, even if I know there's 2 dudes near the stone or the raid has a warlock. I'll travel, if I get summoned halfway then that's a bonus.

If I'm so far away that it'll take me a very long time to travel and see there's a lock inside then I'll ask for a summon.

I always reply "summon plz and OMW".

I figure - which ever gets me there first

Challenge Mode : Play WoW like my disability has me play:
    You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.
    Now see how far Brian and John get in WoW.