Poll: "Summon plz" or "omw"?

Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Usually I'm already there or at least on the way, depending what I want to do with the group. Worldboss = I'm there. Dungeon = at least on the way to get there.

Quote Originally Posted by Charge me Doctor View Post
    sethralis from northrend
    Sethralis from Northrend should take about 2 minutes. If someone is able to summon you sooner, great. If you are still in Northrend asking for summons 5 minutes later, your attitude is slowing the group.

"I Am Vengeance. I Am The Night. I Am Felfáádaern!"

/10chars

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jonnusthegreat View Post
    It's about effort and time. I ask for summon because it minimizes effort and time. It's someone else's effort and time, but it's also better for the entire group.
    ...what
    If you just say "summ pls" right off the bat without even checking where others are, you are wasting the group's time. Maybe you are doing Atal'Dazar and you unlocked the flight path while others still haven't. If you go aswell, you might even get there first and save everyone's time.

I always say "omw". If the summon comes, at least I made a good impression. If not, I am helping the group. I made it a personal matter to ignore when someone says " summ" before even greeting the group.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Summon plz. I mean, why not? I summon people, i ask people to summon me. Summoning stones and TVs weren't introduced just because.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Pebbleton View Post
    I always say "omw". If the summon comes, at least I made a good impression. If not, I am helping the group.
    Yes! This is how it seems to me too. I mean, if they are set to summon and you say "omw", that just tells them you were paying attention and making an effort as they are summoning you. If, on the other hand, they are busy or deep inside the instance or maybe on break and their warlock afk, you might be speeding things up a bit. And if, as many of us have experienced, there's only one at stone really wishing someone would join them so they could summon, you might be the second one there.

"I Am Vengeance. I Am The Night. I Am Felfáádaern!"

Just kick people who say 'summon plz'. Those guys will leave after 1 wipe anyway.

I play a tank and im always first at summon stone lol

Being a Warlock I learned how to make it to the raid. It takes like 2 minutes tops.

if I'm joining a pug for something that has to be traveled to manually, like a world quest - I don't even start looking until I'm ON location. if I'm joining a pug for an instance of some sort or if I'm already in a zone and see a pug forming for a world boss or something - I always start traveling on my own and don't expect or demand summons. sometimes I get summoned anyways. other times I end up helping summon (and I don't mind that either) but call me old fashioned but I think its basic courtesy to start traveling to your group. there were multiple times where the group for an outdoor event didn't have a warlock to summon you in a first place. now I won't judge if a person said - could I have a summon please, kinda far away or something of that nature. but an abrupt demand? rude.

P.S. in my experience this is not an age thing.

Deleted
    ... i find if i just head to them i usually get a summon as they dont want to wait... so is no need to ask.. some times you even get to the stone and click the portal to find its you they summoning

Only time to ask for a summon is if for another reason you cant spend next few minutes, e.g.. "can i get a summon please, i got to let the dog out for a wee and make a drink/have a smoke" usually thats the type you get in guild groups

5+ Year Old Account
    Don't think there is a single thing wrong with joining a group, looking on the map and if you see people there who can summon you, asking them. Joining a group and just waiting for others to get there while you do whatever and then asking is dickish.

Quote Originally Posted by Brewmaster Kolee View Post
    My initial impression is formed by two types of people in pugs. Those who join and immediately type "Summon plz" and those who immediately say "omw".
    I don't know if I am outlier or oldskool or just raised in a different time, but immediately asking for summons feels entitled to me. Like, regardless of circumstance, it presents a bad attitude. I *always* say "omw" and start running. If the group is able to summons and sends me one, so much the better.

What do you guys think?
    Am I crazy?
    Old fuddy duddy?
    Is this a generational thing?

<Poll incoming>
    I'm an 'omw' person myself and agree with your post, however if the raid is really out of the way and I notice there is a warlock in the group and at the location I will ask if there is any chance of a summon as I know how impatient people can be.
    Let my cries chill the living...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Brewmaster Kolee View Post
    My initial impression is formed by two types of people in pugs. Those who join and immediately type "Summon plz" and those who immediately say "omw".
    I don't know if I am outlier or oldskool or just raised in a different time, but immediately asking for summons feels entitled to me. Like, regardless of circumstance, it presents a bad attitude. I *always* say "omw" and start running. If the group is able to summons and sends me one, so much the better.

What do you guys think?
    Am I crazy?
    Old fuddy duddy?
    Is this a generational thing?

<Poll incoming>
    Agree with you and maybe we're just ('92 here ) old...I always run to instancje , but whe lock is present and he is in the instance or grp is at ms then i ask for summ.

If nobody is at the dungeon/raid I go "omw" and head there. If there are atleast 2 people there I say "summon plz".

Common sense and the correct way to do it

Summoning people is not only faster for the person being summoned, it's faster for the entire group because they don't have to wait. Now, it entirely depends what type of content you're doing. If you want to do a world boss, you better be at the spot before you even start searching for a group, because no one will wait. But if you're doing a dungeon or raid, and there are already 2 or more people on location? There is absolutely no reason not to immediately summon anyone that joins the group.

Deleted
    Depends. If I'm close to the dungeon, I go there to summon.
    If I'm far and there are at least 2 people close then I wait for a summon.
    If I'm far and there is no one close then I start running.

These days getting to a dungeon is easy and quick so it doesn't really matter as opposed to running to CoT before hitting Revered in BC.

Quote Originally Posted by ablib View Post
    Neither. But if I had to choose, definitely "omw".

I instantly kick people who say "summon plz". Not only can I not stand lazy entitled people, I can't stand "plz" instead of "please" -- this just relates to lazy though.

I also dislike "omw", because your ass should already be here. Why are you sitting in a city looking through the group finder, instead of at the site? However, I'll give "omw" a pass because people may just not know, and there are other circumstances for why people are not at the entrance.
    I run a lot of AD10s (hoping for a bow upgrade). But i also run ToS for the bow as well as others for staves. How do you propose i be at the entrance for all of these at the same time?

Quote Originally Posted by badgersmashr View Post
    Just Saiyan.

I'll explain my algorithm here:
    1. Are there less than 2 people in the group? (if yes -> go 2, if no -> OMW)
    2. Is there a lock in the group? (if yes -> ask for sum, if no -> go 3)
    3. Are they summoning people or are they near the entrance? (if yes -> ask for sum, if no -> go to 4)
    4. Am I really far away with CDs on TPs such as HS etc? (if yes -> ask for sum, if no -> OMW)