Page 1 of 17
... LastLast

What a waste....

Its staggering the amount of resources blizzard is devoting to aspects of this expansion that nobody cares about.
    Warfronts, isle expos, azerite. Take warfronts and isle expos out of the game and nobody will notice. Take azerite out and people will be happy.

Its insane that so many resources are being wasted on ideas which are clearly failures. Instead of developers focusing on actual class balance, they're focusing on adding new azerite traits. Instead of getting more/more instersting/more frequent dungeon and raid encounters, we're getting fucking warfronts and isle expos.

I get that some experimentation and trial is needed to discover new and interesting concepts. The problem here is that instead of treading lightly and gauging what works and what doesn't, bliz loaded up all of its resources into a train which has already derailed. And instead of accepting this they are doubling down, adding to the train more of what made it derail in the first place. That being boring, one dimensional grind-fests, existing only to fuel a horribly designed azerite system which the game would be better without.

BFA is like a product from a sh!tty late night infomercial. Its got all these supposed features; Azerite! Warfronts! Island expeditions! Super absorbent! But the reality is that its cheap garbage.

The problem though is that BFA isn't cheap garbage. Its expensive garbage. The amount of art and so called "design" resources that went into these failed concepts is staggering. Hell, we could have probably had another xpac by now.

Get your shit together bliz.

10+ Year Old Account
    What I find the most worrisome is the apparent change of direction in artstyle. The art, the music is different. Compare a screenshot with wow vanilla and a new warfront, you'll see. Colors have less depth, less vibrant, it's closer to paint style software that you can see on artstation, different than before.

I'm not saying that vanilla is technically superior, I'm saying that the art and essence is more and more different as time pass. This can indeed undo world of warcraft while the majority isn't even noticing.

Gameplay as we know already changed a lot, probably to scale to the changing market and demographics.

Remove gameplay and art from a legendary game, you're getting a terrible waste yes.

as for the music I don't expect them to produce a classic teldrassil, classic dun morogh, stormpeaks or Terokkar Forest every expansion.
    in fact I consider the game as done musically, I don't think it can be topped anymore.
    so if the new music is good it's good, as long as we have the old in the old content.
    and if the new music is bad, it's sad, but can't expect them to shine forever.
    preserve.
    Last edited by Cæli; 2019-06-13 at 05:36 PM.

Deleted
    This will show them. Things will improve after they read this, no doubt.

Raids? Right now people do more warfronts than your precious raids. Raids are old boring content that majority of people ignore completly. Make Islands more rewarding and people will love it too.

If Blizzard need stop something it's listening raiders.
    Last edited by Artelia; 2018-11-21 at 09:16 AM.

How could blizzard possibly not completely change their course after such a thoughtful and evidence backed post?

Quote Originally Posted by Artelia View Post
    Raids? Right now people do more warfronts than your precious raids. Raids are old boring content that majority of people ignore completly. Make Islands more rewarding and people will love it too.

If Blizzard need stop something it's listening raiders.
    First off I don't raid.

Second off, bullshit. You are delusional if you think people spend more time doing warfronts and expo's than raiding. Even if you don't count LFR.

At this stage in the game both of those are a chore to gear up an alt.

Are people actually looking forward to yhe warfront scenarios or islands? I don’t enjoy either of them to be honest and I don’t know anyone who does the warfront because it’s ‘fun’ ...you do it for the 370 gear or maybe transmog. I think they should focus on raids and maybe new dungeons instead.

Quote Originally Posted by Kayytee View Post
    Its staggering the amount of resources blizzard is devoting to aspects of this expansion that nobody cares about.
    Warfronts, isle expos, azerite. Take warfronts and isle expos out of the game and nobody will notice. Take azerite out and people will be happy.

Its insane that so many resources are being wasted on ideas which are clearly failures. Instead of developers focusing on actual class balance, they're focusing on adding new azerite traits. Instead of getting more/more instersting/more frequent dungeon and raid encounters, we're getting fucking warfronts and isle expos.

I get that some experimentation and trial is needed to discover new and interesting concepts. The problem here is that instead of treading lightly and gauging what works and what doesn't, bliz loaded up all of its resources into a train which has already derailed. And instead of accepting this they are doubling down, adding to the train more of what made it derail in the first place. That being boring, one dimensional grind-fests, existing only to fuel a horribly designed azerite system which the game would be better without.

BFA is like a product from a sh!tty late night infomercial. Its got all these supposed features; Azerite! Warfronts! Island expeditions! Super absorbent! But the reality is that its cheap garbage.

The problem though is that BFA isn't cheap garbage. Its expensive garbage. The amount of art and so called "design" resources that went into these failed concepts is staggering. Hell, we could have probably had another xpac by now.

Get your shit together bliz.
    Honestly, I applaud Blizzard for trying a new feature. I think they need this. ANOTHER raid and ANOTHER dungeon? I mean really? 15 years hasn't been enough for you??

But yeah, if these features aren't popular, then they should be reassessed. From what I've read of the Blue trackers, they are doing this. Adjusting rewards and such. Give it time, you might come to like it.

10+ Year Old Account
    In a game of this scale I bet you that there are people who don't like raids or dungeons at all and are very happy with Isles and Warfronts.
    Different people, different interests.

Quote Originally Posted by Cæli View Post
    What I find the most worrisome is the apparent change of direction in artstyle. The art, the music is different. Compare a screenshot with wow vanilla and a new warfront, you'll see. Colors have less depth, less vibrant, it's closer to paint style software that you can see on artstation, different than before.

I'm not saying that vanilla is technically superior, I'm saying that the art and essence is more and more different as time pass. This can indeed undo world of warcraft while the majority isn't even noticing.

Gameplay as we know already changed a lot, probably to scale to the changing market and demographics.

Remove gameplay and art from a legendary game, you're getting a terrible waste yes.
    Vanilla art style was shit, looks like drawn by a 5yo. There's a lot of legit criticism out there, but the art style is not one of them. BfA looks superior to every other xpac in any way,

it fits perfectly into what Blizzard is doing. Think about it.. You can queue for dungeons, raid(LFR), BG. Those are quickly done and sometimes the waittime can be longer than actually doing the content.

Warfronts and IE? Quickly consumed content. Queue up, enter for some action, leave with some sort of reward.

Reputation with factions? Do emisarry WQs that takes about 10-20 minutes.

The game is getting more and more designed around having to spend less time actually being online alot to get things done.

Its insane that so many resources are being wasted on ideas which are clearly failures.
    They've been doing this for years. They will shrug their shoulders and say "That's just how it is, we cannot change course" which is the lamest, weakest, most pathetic response. Get in there and fix it. When you get old enough, you realize there are really amazing people out there that will have solutions at the ready and prepared to go to solve issues. Others need to step aside.
    TO FIX WOW:1. smaller server sizes & server-only LFG awarding satchels, so elite players help others. 2. "helper builds" with loom powers - talent trees so elite players cast buffs on low level players XP gain, HP/mana, regen, damage, etc. 3. "helper ilvl" scoring how much you help others. 4. observer games like in SC to watch/chat (like twitch but with MORE DETAILS & inside the wow UI) 5. guild leagues to compete with rival guilds for progression (with observer mode).6. jackpot world mobs.

Deleted
    I actually enjoy both island expeditions and warfronts.

Warfronts and Islands are a failure for one, simple, reason. They are not rewarding and lack the deepth required to make it a rewarding/competitive/interesting feature.

The Mythical keys are a very good example of what they (Blizzard) should aim to achieve whatever the feature is.

Nowadays, people look for character progression, may it be "cosmetic" or "power" progression and that's all, nothing else truly matter in the end. Blizzard is very reluctant on both aspects, so yeah, we have a problem here.

10+ Year Old Account

Its insane that so many resources are being wasted on ideas which are clearly failures. Instead of developers focusing on actual class balance, they're focusing on adding new azerite traits. Instead of getting more/more instersting/more frequent dungeon and raid encounters, we're getting fucking warfronts and isle expos
    hey they removed resources from giving classes abilities and spells and pruned the sh8t out of them to focus on giving u that azerite gear that u (or anyone with a brain) don't like
    The beginning of wisdom is the statement 'I do not know.' The person who cannot make that statement is one who will never learn anything. And I have prided myself on my ability to learn
    Thrall
    http://youtu.be/x3ejO7Nssj8 7:20+ "Alliance remaining super power", clearly blizz favor horde too much, that they made alliance the super power

I love island expeditions and warfronts. If you don't like them it doesn't mean they have to be removed or ignored by devs, if you and your guild or whatever /1/2/3k of people don't like it it doesn't mean that the others don't do them. Maybe i want raids to be ignored and let them focus on island expeditions and warfronts only.

First off I don't raid.

Second off, bullshit. You are delusional if you think people spend more time doing warfronts and expo's than raiding. Even if you don't count LFR.

At this stage in the game both of those are a chore to gear up an alt.
    "Joke's on you, I don't raid anyway, even though I'm asking for more raids, t-take that, libtards h-haha!"

You've just proven you're full of shit and so is your thread.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by XDurionX View Post
    Vanilla art style was shit, looks like drawn by a 5yo. There's a lot of legit criticism out there, but the art style is not one of them. BfA looks superior to every other xpac in any way,
    this is simply wrong, if vanilla hadn't this vibrant colorful artstyle, then nothing of that would have happened like it happened, including the well made zones of bfa (yes some zones are well made unlike some particular assets). realistic games doesn't age well.

don't try denying that vanilla had no style, it's well known that wow created its own style made of very colorful zones.

Quote Originally Posted by Cæli View Post

Yes the graphics is different from vanilla, it's called increase poly count and better texture resolution.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by edw View Post
    Yes the graphics is different from vanilla, it's called increase poly count and better texture resolution.
    I'm not talking about the superior technical rendering