15+ Year Old Account

PvP Season 1 not ending on Dec 11

So I guess that means the cycle after 370s will increase further to prevent PvP gear falling behind PvE?

In someways, I'm okay with this. As end of season rewards have been removed, it's not like anything great has been delayed.

On the other hand, I was looking forward to getting Season 2 Elite gear in December.

It also means I can contemplate getting a third character an elite set, as I'll likely drop my Disc in 8.1 and would like a healer on hand.

How do you guys feel?

I swear everyone and their mothers are getting gladiator titles.

If they will end season so late people will grind 3.8k rating

I think it's weird to not end the season with the new patch. That's how it has always been, from what I know at least. I didn't play Legion so if it was different then ok but it makes no sense to have a ton of balance changes (some specs will even play completely different (Shadow Priest)) and not end the season.

Quote Originally Posted by Ultima View Post
    So I guess that means the cycle after 370s will increase further to prevent PvP gear falling behind PvE?
    The patch does not release the new raid, and also does not start the M+ Season 2, so available max ilvl PvE gear does not actually change with the patch.

I wonder if the raid will also drop in January - i can't help but wonder if this is to stop people who only PVE (and alts!) in the game from feeling they are 'forced' to pvp for the new shiney loot.

Quote Originally Posted by Exsaven View Post
    I think it's weird to not end the season with the new patch. That's how it has always been, from what I know at least. I didn't play Legion so if it was different then ok but it makes no sense to have a ton of balance changes (some specs will even play completely different (Shadow Priest)) and not end the season.
    Legion tended to allow patches across seasons sadly, Blizzard gave up caring about consistency during a pvp season a while ago it seems. I do aggree with you, a season should end when large balance changes are made - but then i guess we'd all be quibbling if a 10% buff or nerf qualified as large

Quote Originally Posted by Ultima View Post
    It also means I can contemplate getting a third character an elite set, as I'll likely drop my Disc in 8.1 and would like a healer on hand.
    Not tempted to wait and see with disc? Or perhaps, buck the trend and go holy?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ilik2345 View Post
    Not tempted to wait and see with disc? Or perhaps, buck the trend and go holy?
    Hm. I'd like for Disc to be strong, however it doesn't hurt to have a back up. I'm mostly playing my Hunter at the moment but I don't want to miss out on healing.

Horrible move by Blizzard as usual.

They said they weren't going to make any large changes mid-season anymore in BfA - jk. Get fucked, we'll change the entire meta completely with less than 1/4 of the season left to play. This completely destroys the r1 race and makes it into a fucking circus (and the gladiator race, although it's not really a race anymore - it's a freebie). This ranks more or less at the same level as changing the MMR system mid season and not reseting ratings.

Blizzard clearly gives 0 shits about WoW PvP. They absolutely do not care at all.

Quote Originally Posted by RelaZ View Post
    Horrible move by Blizzard as usual.

They said they weren't going to make any large changes mid-season anymore in BfA - jk. Get fucked, we'll change the entire meta completely with less than 1/4 of the season left to play. This completely destroys the r1 race and makes it into a fucking circus (and the gladiator race, although it's not really a race anymore - it's a freebie). This ranks more or less at the same level as changing the MMR system mid season and not reseting ratings.

Blizzard clearly gives 0 shits about WoW PvP. They absolutely do not care at all.
    I bet you got to glad range with one of the current meta comps by pressing pve rota and now you are mad cos it's getting nerfed.

Quote Originally Posted by NtflxnChill View Post
    I bet you got to glad range with one of the current meta comps by pressing pve rota and now you are mad cos it's getting nerfed.
    You do realize that there is no such thing as "glad range" anymore right? It's 50 games above 2.4k, which I would've had plenty of time to get until december if that was an issue. Also it'll be even easier for retarded pve meta comps to get glad given the extra inflation of the additional month. It doesn't matter if I'd have been playing "one of the current meta comps" or not (havn't by the way). There will be new retarded meta pve comps in the new meta. It's BfA, almost all comps are retarded pve comps.

It's a principle thing - you don't fuck up a season with 1 month left to go, regardless of the meta.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by wholol View Post
    I swear everyone and their mothers are getting gladiator titles.
    Don't worry not everyone is getting it. My friend is banned from the entire season for buying gold.

Look, if you are good enough for a r1 title, you'll get it regardless of class changes, the nerfs aren't big enough and the buffs are well deserved for the underdog specs (WW, DK, Warlocks).

But for those specs, this is a big deal and very good news. Now they have a chance to get their elite set too. Which is what most people look for when they are playing, you know... WHAT THEY LIKE INSTEAD OF A FU***** META COMP.

It's absurd that 2.2k+ WW is stuck at 1.8k because their spec sucks. It's like saying a 2.2k WW is the equivalent of a 2.8k anything else that isn't DK or Warlock.

r1 titles are 0.5, right? Guess how many people want that UNIQUE SEASON TRANSMOG.
    Thanks for the heads up!

Guess the pvp stuff at the moment is the pre season that was announced before BFA hit were people were supposed to catch up on gear.

now that 8.1 hits the actual pvp season starts.
    really disgusting move by blizzard to make huge changes mid season that will change the whole meta. seems like the pvp guy had to shut up again

@evertonbelmontt if you follow your logic you can also get the elite gear with an underperforming class. besides that r1 is 0.1%. way harder to be 0.1% than top 30% lol
    gladiator used to be 0.5% now it isn't even duelist % anymore xd rivals get the mount

Yes, you can, but it's not fair.

They are complaining that these changes aren't fair mid season. But the people aiming for rank 1 AND getting shafted by it is way less than 5 entire specs (both DK, Afflic, destro, WW) trying their way into pvp. Even less if you consider that these specs might be holding back friends that don't want to play with others, which is my case.

Both aren't fair, but Blizzard knows the top players are too much invested in this game to stop, while the average players who are not getting into pvp because they aren't meta are more likely to stop completelly. Think about it.
    Thanks for the heads up!

10+ Year Old Account
    Why are people surprised by this? PvP seasons have been resetting with or after new raid tier comes out for as long as I can remember.

The moment they mentioned new raid will be coming out next year I realized new PvP season won't be out this year. They have to do this to make sure the gear levels are equal among the high end content. (M+ also resetting and giving better gear)
    "It's not what we don't know that gets us into trouble; it's what we know for sure that just ain't so." ~ Mark Twain
    "The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time" ~ Jesus of Nazareth
    "把它放在我的屁股,爸爸" ~ Dalai Lama

Quote Originally Posted by Exsaven View Post
    Legion had this ridiculously fucking shitty moronic idea of releasing a patch with no content. Release the content later with no excuse other than "we forgot to work cuz we were playing lame mobile games instead". So we're getting the new raids and M+ drops in january, new M+ season, I assume that's when pvp season changes as well.

But as you pointed out, the balance changed will be in, making the end of the pvp season completely bonkers with comp changes and shit.

Yes, it's retarded.
    No, that's not how it should be.

Waiting a full season with changes to major problem specs and classes like WW, DK or Warlocks is not how it was nor how it should be. This indifference was introduced in LEGION and it went for both PvE and PvP as well.

New raid tier balance is outstanding since LEGION:
    -> no major balance changes before a new raid tier (WE NEED MORE DATA)
    -> no major balance changes after the progression race (WELL WE SEE THE ROFL-DATA, BUT...)
    outlier specs are used for strategys - STACK SOAK ROGUES, STACK SUB ROGUES, STACK WARLOCK whatever EZ-mode is left untested in the raidtier

What does 8.1 even change to the non-viable specs? Nothing, there are no major buffs, in some cases (DK) the "working" 8.0 pvp talents are replaced by "may work, may not even work" talents - HUGE BUFFS!, GAMECHANGING!

I would not be surprised if BfA follows LEGION and those non-viable specs will be playable in arena for the last 2-3 seasons of this expansion in maybe 1 year, when nobody even plays the specs/classes anymore and the majority of the playerbase is allready unsubbed till the next expansion. Happy times.