Page 8 of 17 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by XDurionX View Post
    So your point is? People enjoy killing stuff in a game, that revlves around combat. It's World of Warcraft right? It really doesn't matter if those mobs are in a tunnel or on an island.
    You're comparing boss fights to island expedition trash? are you being intentionally thick? That's like comparing a 1 vs 1 boxing match to kicking a puppy that has already been beaten.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by eduwneso View Post
    The thing a lot of people don't understand is that the more they try to improve with new ideas and they try to develop them, the better they can do with it in the future.
    The problem here is that we're asked to pay for it for 2+ years ($360 for 24 months if you do $15/month) and to live with it until they get it right, if they do. This isn't an issue for some things like the little game they had in... Cata? Fore larger features, though, it's a bigger issue.

If they didn't think of island expeditions maybe they would not have tried to develop an AI... they did answer to a question about the AI that they want to improve on them more and more and that the island expeditions gave them the push,
    This is why you have internal builds. The problem isn't the AI it's that Expeditions are boring, repetitive content that isn't really challenging unless you try difficulty for which you're under geared. Honestly, I haven't noticed any really innovative tactics from the AI either but I've only done the entry level version, so... eh.

The problem isn't that they try new things, it's that so many of these things have obvious flaws. At the same time... we call out warfronts for being repetitive but face it, so is LFR. Expeditions are boring but I doubt they took a lot to create. Once you have the island itself made and populated it's basically testing and refining mob AI which is a research project mostly.

Frankly, BfA's issue is that so many of the new features are underwhelming. IF you just like to do the core stuff that's always in WoW (PvP, raids, 5 mans, questing) it's fine. It's that there's nothing NEW that make you want to do those things either at all or for very long.

Quote Originally Posted by crusadernero View Post
    it fits perfectly into what Blizzard is doing. Think about it.. You can queue for dungeons, raid(LFR), BG. Those are quickly done and sometimes the waittime can be longer than actually doing the content.

Warfronts and IE? Quickly consumed content. Queue up, enter for some action, leave with some sort of reward.

Reputation with factions? Do emisarry WQs that takes about 10-20 minutes.

The game is getting more and more designed around having to spend less time actually being online alot to get things done.
    Like in mobile games.

Quote Originally Posted by Stormspellz View Post
    aka chorecraft.
    well thats always been the case. Whats your point?

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Blizzard's biggest problem is that they listen and react too much to their player base instead of their own professional instincts. Players whined for literally years about getting "housing" in the game. Blizzard delivered that with Garrisons - it was actually executed in an amazing way with more interesting facets than people were expecting. The problem was that players found themselves sitting in their Garrisons alone with nothing to do, nobody to interact with, so they revolted. Exactly what Blizzard warned about.

As a conservative, I find it strange that I'm saying this, but Blizzard usually knows what's better for you than you do.
    Last edited by rhackin; 2018-11-21 at 06:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sencha View Post
    Like in mobile games.
    Well yeah probably. I dont play mobile games nor do I care about them at all, so I dont know. But thats the way its going maybe

Quote Originally Posted by rhackin View Post
    Blizzard's biggest problem is that they listen and react too much to their player base instead of their own professional instincts. Players whined for literally years about getting "housing" in the game. Blizzard delivered that with Garrisons - it was actually executed in an amazing way with more interesting facets than people were expecting. The problem was that players found themselves sitting in their Garrisons alone with nothing to do, nobody to interact with, so they revolted. Exactly what Blizzard warned about.
    When doing nothing inside your player "housing" is more lucrative than actually going out and doing stuff then your "execution" wasn't amazing.

Quote Originally Posted by crusadernero View Post
    well thats always been the case. Whats your point?
    its gotten worse and worse

I LIKE running both pieces of content and I LIKE that they're working on improving them. Heroic Warfronts are a step in the right direction, since it will encourage organized groups, which is the type of group I like best!

I don't run them both consistently because they do not have enough rewards for my time, but when I DO run them, I enjoy them. Make it worth my time and I'll be running them consistently.

As for Azerite gear, I think the upcoming changes will make a huge difference for the better. The bones of a great system are there, now they just need to finish it off.

Quote Originally Posted by Stormspellz View Post
    its gotten worse and worse
    How? Everything we do in this game can be considere a "chore" more or less. Some if it is fun, some not.

You know what, I hate M+.

It takes dungeons and makes the most cumbersome part about them -trash- even more irritating. I don't see how M+ is really more fun than mythic islands.

Is it just because you can get loot? Because thats the only reason I even do M+

While due to the way I play I don't do a lot of either Warfronts/IEs or Raids/Dungeons, I do accept that Blizz need to come up with more than just add more of the same every patch/expansion. As doing the same thing over and over isn't going to get them anywhere in the long run, I hope their efforts succeed cause it means I continue to have my home away from home to play in as they're keeping people interested and subscribed to enjoy said content.
    Do I have to personally like every bit of content? Nope, if it weren't for certain transmogs I'd never have entered pvp battlegrounds. Though did love wintergrasp, but then I don't pretend to be consistent.

Quote Originally Posted by SirCowdog View Post
    It's because the people who like what Blizzard is turning WoW into are ignoring the things that have been lost, or the cost in "pruning" that never gets replaced by anything noteworthy.

Think about it for a minute. We lost Legendaries, set bonuses, master loot, and the lion's share of artifact traits. And for what? Azerite traits? They're a joke. Even Blizzard knows it's bad, but doubles down on it by adding more traits while knowing "we simply have to accept as a downside."

That's why people get so upset about people who claim they're happily enjoying the game. They're watching the rest of the game go to shit and don't care because their own little niche of sand that their head is stuck in is fine.
    and baby jezus wept

but more seriusly - when will people accept that extremly huge chunk of playerbase never ever cared about them in first place .

huge chunk of playerbase love the direction wow is taking

take a notice that in WoD most prominent argument was not "we dont have enough dungeons , we dont have enough legendaries or tier bonuses suck" only "there is no world content to do"

warfronts / islands/ wq are exackly this key elements that WoD missed .

Quote Originally Posted by Voltsmasher View Post
    I thought the next raid doesn't unlock until after the holidays which to me makes Uldir feel a little long but I am on H mythrax with my guild so not sure why I'm complaining

- - - Updated - - -

I agree at this point. I think the main issue people have is that class design feels bland.

Maybe it's taking longer to release than Nighthold, I ahven't compared dates, but it's still going to be there, it's not a WOD situation where we're running short a raid tier. (Unless the Azshara raid ends up being the last one I guess but that doesn't seem to be the case.)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by AcidicSyn View Post
    I did not actually share any opinion on the quality of the story being told at all. The only opinion I shared was that I liked warfronts as a vehicle for story telling; nothing more. You dislike the story itself, groovy mate, you're allowed to have that opinion, but as I was referring to a particular vehicle for story delivery and NOT the story itself....cool? I guess?
    What, the occassional chat bubble 'we have wood, now we can create buildings' or the 'witty' back-and-forth between commanders?

Yeah, amazing vehicle for storytelling...

Quote Originally Posted by mavfin View Post
    Someone with a clue. Great post, w/o the "I must bash Blizzard to validate myself!" crap you see all the time.

See you whenever you decide to log on again. Till then, have fun doing whatever you find fun.
    Thank you, glad it's still possible to have a civil discussion here. Take care.
    "There is no end to education. It is not that you read a book, pass an examination, and finish with education. The whole of life, from the moment you are born to the moment you die, is a process of learning." by Jiddu Krishnamurti, Philosopher and Educator

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    "Another expansion by now."

It's been freaking 2 months. A normal expansion is 6 months of just TESTING.

Cut this garbage, if Blizz decided to cut the cord on BFA now we'd be looking at 18 months of Battle of Dazar'alor while they take their usual painstakingly slow time making the new expansion.

But that's probably what you want, in fact you'd probably prefer if Blizz just shut off the servers now.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Quote Originally Posted by Cæli View Post
    this is simply wrong, if vanilla hadn't this vibrant colorful artstyle, then nothing of that would have happened like it happened, including the well made zones of bfa (yes some zones are well made unlike some particular assets). realistic games doesn't age well.

don't try denying that vanilla had no style, it's well known that wow created its own style made of very colorful zones.
    Yeah very colourful zones like silithus (very full of color brown), Desolace (very full of color grey), Blasted Lands (very full of color orange), Tanaris (very full of color desert sand), Swamp of Sorrows (very full of color dark green).

Yeah man, those one color zones were so fucking vibrant and artsy, omg we will never get anything on that level...

Quote Originally Posted by Kayytee View Post
    First off I don't raid.

Second off, bullshit. You are delusional if you think people spend more time doing warfronts and expo's than raiding. Even if you don't count LFR.

At this stage in the game both of those are a chore to gear up an alt.
    Unfortunately, he is likely correct.
    Its the easy 10-20 minute content that everyone gravitates towards for sure.
    There will be imminently more players in that type of content, just by default, regardless of who they are.

You need to drop the act that no one cares about this content though.
    The only one who needs to "get their shit together" is the "community" who thinks they can hivemind their way to changing the game to be exactly what they want it to be.

If you dislike the expansion, then don't play it, but don't act like you and your casual buddies on the forums know enough about production to decide that Blizzard wasted money on their game's features.
    Owner of ONEAzerothTV
    Tanking, Blood DK Mythic+ Pugging, Soloing and WoW Challenges alongside other discussions about all things in World of Warcraft
    ONEAzerothTV

I don't mind the warfronts. They are great for people who play alts. The island expeditions on the other hand are some of the worst content I think I've ever seen.