Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeBogina View Post
    Not let one of your lore guys do a bunch of voice acting for major characters.
    I doubt they had all of that in mind when deciding to have him voice Thrall back in WC3.

I imagine he's currently getting his groove back and spending time with his family. He can't come back soon enough, though. I'm ready for a real Horde warchief again.

I still don't get why some people call Thrall "Green Jesus" when he's clearly "Green Moses."
    Grom is "Green Jesus" because he died for the orc's sins in his duel against Mannoroth, ridding them of the blood-curse.

Also, just generally Thrall gets way more flak than he deserves. He was at best a little over-used when there's other characters that desperately needed more development time.
    Flipside... yes I prefer Thrall in Orgrimm's plate over robe or semi-robe Thrall.

Quote Originally Posted by MrDragon View Post
    I still don't get why some people call Thrall "Green Jesus" when he's clearly "Green Moses."
    Grom is "Green Jesus" because he died for the orc's sins in his duel against Mannoroth, ridding them of the blood-curse.

Also, just generally Thrall gets way more flak than he deserves. He was at best a little over-used when there's other characters that desperately needed more development time.
    Flipside... yes I prefer Thrall in Orgrimm's plate over robe or semi-robe Thrall.
    Gorm was a blood crazed orc who stopped killing Alliance kids just cause it didn't seem to work. He was a bloodthirsty maniac who couldn't control himself.

Thrall was always a deluded dreamer who thought he was leading the orcs to a new age of virtue and civility but so far, given the lore, he seems to be leading them against their nature. It took one non-corrupted orc to sway the majority of the orcs and put them on their old path. The story leaves no room for the orcs to hide behind the corruption now. The orcs are evil assholes who will follow the most violent leader. Thrall returning to "save" the Horde from itself is not only annoying given the above-said, but reminiscent of Siege of Orgrimmar.

I say the Horde does not need fixing. It only needs a narrative that does not constantly tell the Horde player what an asshole he or she is.

Quote Originally Posted by Tikishock View Post
    Actually it's the first thing that came to mind for why Thrall was/is missing. Probably stupid but I think it applies

I actually don't hate Thrall--he's one of my favorite characters but I wasn't around in Cata either which is where I think he generated a lot of hate.
    I mean, he IS pretty mopey post-Mists.

I feel like they did that to try and redeem some of the hate by making him less "Green Jesus" (except I hate that stupid meme because heroic archetypes are allowed to exist) but in the process they made him just a passive and depressing douchecanoe.

They need to go back to the drawing board while they do Reforged and look carefully at why Thrall was an insanely popular character, because he was.

Quote Originally Posted by Lotus Victoria View Post
    I understand that people are a bit tired of Thrall showing up to steal the spotlights, but I'm quite disappointed that Thrall is missing while Sylvanas implodes the Horde. Do we have any idea where GJ is?
    My guess is at home with his family. He has a child now?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeBogina View Post
    Metzen stopped voice acting so Varian was killed, Thrall retired and no other villains are appearing with that same voice

Also Sylvanas isn't imploding the Horde, fan reaction and Blizzard reacting to it is.

kids*, he now has a daughter
    I mean technically he didn't stop voice acting. He said whenever Blizzard is ready for him to come in and record shit he'll be there waiting.

Quote Originally Posted by DaHomieG View Post
    I mean technically he didn't stop voice acting. He said whenever Blizzard is ready for him to come in and record shit he'll be there waiting.
    Yeah he'll come back, but he had to leave in the first place and coincidentally all his characters are now gone.

He's waiting until they fix the Shaman class before he logs back on

Last I heard, he and Wrathion were chilling out, having some drinks and waiting for the End of the World. Apparently we're not quite close enough to that yet. Then again, we're off playing with dinosaurs, boats, and squabbling over some crystals rather than worrying about the giant sword that's been shoved through the planet.

Quote Originally Posted by Th3Scourge View Post
    He's waiting until they fix the Shaman class before he logs back on
    Well played! Even if it has been meme'd out at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by Martymark View Post
    The problem was they forced the Alliance to quest with Thrall in Cata, and the Alliance vocally hated it. Blizz would NEVER make the Horde quest for Alliance leaders. AMIRITE?
    I still have nightmares on how slow Brann was in Halls of Stone

Quote Originally Posted by Kaizun View Post
    Last I heard, he and Wrathion were chilling out, having some drinks and waiting for the End of the World. Apparently we're not quite close enough to that yet. Then again, we're off playing with dinosaurs, boats, and squabbling over some crystals rather than worrying about the giant sword that's been shoved through the planet.

Well played! Even if it has been meme'd out at this point.
    It's not Thralls fault his class is a meme at the moment

The problem was they forced the Alliance to quest with Thrall in Cata, and the Alliance vocally hated it. Blizz would NEVER make the Horde quest for Alliance leaders. AMIRITE?
    Magni, Brann, Prophet velen and Illidan says hi.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ivinara View Post
    I imagine he's currently getting his groove back and spending time with his family. He can't come back soon enough, though. I'm ready for a real Horde warchief again.
    Yeah Thrall should never be warchief again. Not after his extreme cowardice in Siege where he got smacked around, had the players do his dirty work while he ran away, and then tried to sneak back in for the killing blow. Not to mention where he almost got trucked by a still injured Garrosh.
    AchaeaKoralin - Are you still out there? | Classic Priest

Quote Originally Posted by Sencha View Post
    He's waiting for the job posting on the Orgrimmar warboard.
    or waiting in lfr que as DPS

Quote Originally Posted by MrDragon View Post
    It's a joke because Thrall can, as a shaman, has skills to resurrect himself and walk over water. Just like Jesus.
    Whatever...

Probably chilling in Outland with his wife and children, and Saurfang will be bringing him back to deal with Sylvanas.

tending to his child?
    Quote Originally Posted by Tonus View Post
    Anyway stop being such an ass fucktard.
    Quote Originally Posted by oblivium666 View Post
    Would you kindly go fuck yourself?

Quote Originally Posted by Darkguyver2020 View Post
    No one cares. I hope someone nails Green Jesus to the cross.
    monkaS. I'm going to report you to the mods for threatening me. Kappa

Didn't we suffer through a road trip with Tyrande in Legion?
    Quote Originally Posted by Thunderaan View Post
    All it takes is an incel at the wrong place wrong time and we won't even know what hit us.