Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Shinrael View Post
    I wouldn't mind a mobile pet battle minigame that complements the PC game. As in, if I can do some pet battles on my phone while at university/work and my WoW account benefits from it (if its not just a separate game like Diablo Immortal) then I would be very happy to play it. It will allow me to do more in WoW without being on my computer and will be a good time killer. Although if it comes at the cost of a raid tier I won't be happy.
    i would gladly swap 3 raid tiers for mobile pet battle game

Quote Originally Posted by XDurionX View Post
    They really didn't get the hint at Blizzcon.
    90% of people that bitch and moan here on forums/youtube/Blizzcon will be playing D:I, Warcraft Go and all other games Blizzard will push out.

It's like beating the dead horse now. Despite 10+ years of "CoD is Shit" it's still selling hot, GTA Online despite everyone hating it still have shit tone of people playing it and bringing millions to R*, I can go on and go on with examples why Blizzard will be successful.
    When a player quits EVE and goes to WoW, the average IQ in both games increases.

many Blizzard employees play Pokémon Go competitively
    lol.

10chars.
    zug zug

what is it paladin, one zug is not enough for ya?

Quote Originally Posted by MasterOfNone View Post
    lore should be voluntary to the game. not obligatory.

They really didn't get the hint at Blizzcon.
    Is the hint that Blizzard's target audience is changing? Because they probably did get that.

Or do you mean that they shouldn't make mobile games because a minority were complaining? LOL! I prefer PC games as well, but mobile is, sadly, a much bigger market.

I used to want a mobile pet battle game, but not anymore. Most of the pets look like hot garbage.

And seeing how blizzard is trying to get that sweet sweet revenue, you'd think their next mobile game would be a ripoff of those shitty war/rts games with a warcraft skin over it.

I kinda wouldn't mind a gacha game about warcraft characters. Epic 7 and Dragalia Lost are actually kinda fun and with how far games like them have come, Warcraft actually fits that really well(I'd go broke pulling for Arthas/Illidan)

Pokemon Go is a facinating game, when it comes to infrastructure and innovation, but somewhat terrible gameplay wise. Teaming up with those guys/copying them and putting an actual game on top of that sounds like a great idea. Especially if it ties into your WoW pet battles. There is a reason other than money for this to exist.

Diablo "we havent though about monetazation" Immortal on the other hand looks like a generec whale farm and just screams "everything thats wrong with mobile".

I think if they would have announced Murky GO! instead of Diablo Immortal, we would have an entirely different conversation about what Blizzard going mobile means for the future of their company.
    "And all those exclamation marks, you notice? Five?
    A sure sign of someone who wears his underpants on his head."

The fact that not only people are believing Kotaku bullshit,but other websites are also believing it,is a bit scary tbh

Deleted
    I remember before the launch of Fable 3 Lionhead studios made a real life mobile game where you had to capture territories for either the rebels or the loyalists, I never actually played it myself but I imagine this is something similar, especially with all of the commercials they've done of people of opposing factions bumping into eachother on things like the bus and such.

Brewmaster
    7+ Year Old Account

The hint that they're abandoning all of their very loyal customers for the fickle mobile segment. This is the next "we don't care about you anymore". They're sawing off the branch they're sitting on.
    so they cant have a team that is dictated to mobile because that will hurt your feelings? i mean WoW is still being developed, they just created a new team for mobile versions, and mobile team are surely a very small team.

but lets all BabyRage that they are not allowed to touch that market, even if it doesn't effect my games.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by OmniSkribe View Post
    90% of people that bitch and moan here on forums/youtube/Blizzcon will be playing D:I, Warcraft Go and all other games Blizzard will push out.
    Hello other poster with EVE avatar
    Sure as hell I'm only going to play mobile games if they are good. Which doesn't happen very often. We are not the target audience anyway. These apps are a good idea, marketing them to the PC based player community is a bad idea.

Quote Originally Posted by kamuimac View Post
    i would gladly swap 3 raid tiers for mobile pet battle game
    Wasn't literal, but if it comes at the expense of anything that could otherwise have been added to the main game, then I don't think it's a smart move.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ONCHEhap View Post
    The fact that not only people are believing Kotaku bullshit,but other websites are also believing it,is a bit scary tbh
    They officially said they are making multiple mobile games for the other franchises. It might not be that exact pokemon go "leaked" but some sort of mobile warcraft game is coming either way.

Now I understand why Bfa design is so shit. Its hard for Ion to design a pc mmo and a mobile turd at the same time.

Deleted
    From the recent Diablo article, Blizzard are apparently being pushed to cut as many costs as possible which explains so much about game direction and why we're getting future mobile games

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shinrael View Post
    Wasn't literal, but if it comes at the expense of anything that could otherwise have been added to the main game, then I don't think it's a smart move.
    They said they took some of the best devs from the main games to work on the upcoming mobile titles. Its not smart but it will work out financially for them . The proof is in your quote. Carebears whos only care in wow is rainbows, pets, mounts and tmogs.

Brewmaster
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vorkreist View Post
    They said they took some of the best devs from the main games to work on the upcoming mobile titles. Its not smart but it will work out financially for them . The proof is in your quote. Carebears whos only care in wow is rainbows, pets, mounts and tmogs.
    lets be a bit honest and logical here, if blizzard is doing financially very good, isn't that a very good sign and means that teams will grow larger + blizzard going to try to build more games?

human nature is greedy, and companies are being ran by greedy humans, they want more, they want to be on every market.

don't be surprised when blizzard starts to develop their own pixar movies in some future years.

The proof is in your quote. Carebears whos only care in wow is rainbows, pets, mounts and tmogs.
    What are you talking about?

Deleted
    To be fair, GO missed the mark in a major way by making it a swipe-and-go system. If it actually had substance to it, it would have aged much better than the 1 month craze it saw like 2½ years ago when first released.

If Blizzard doesn't drop the ball and make it something timegated or so casual that its not worth sinking our teeth into, but instead make what niantic and the pokemon company couldnt, a progressive game with real meat to it, an engaging endgame with a social aspect - it'd be huge.

However, as someone who played Ingress in beta and tried GO at launch, I'd say Blizzard has their work cut out for them. Niantic used to be a part of google, map developers to be specific, and their first project alone was Field trip for which they used google maps as a foundation. Field trip is an app that helps tourists especially with sightseeing suggestions, landmarks and such. All that data was then converted for the Ingress game where the landmarks became "portals", and once the Ingress game alpha/beta invites started going out, you got game related rewards for suggestion new portal locations, with the requirements being that they had to be something interesting. Ingress has had millions of portal locations green lit and implemented into the game.

All those Ingress portals then became Pokéstops, and over the last couple years more and more locations have been added.

It's either gonna cost a sh*t ton of money to get that data from Niantic, if they even want to sell it, or require a huge amount of time to get proper static locations in Warcraft GO.
    That's a huge challenge to overcome before you even get into what the game is gonna be about D:
    Unless they make the game without static locations, which would be the same as murdering the game before it even releases, because what's the point of an AR game if it doesnt matter where you go, or you scatter objectives or w/e in messed up or terrible locations.

If anyone can do it, it's Blizzard. However I don't have much faith in them anymore, so I think it's gonna be a pile of dogshit.

TL;DR Warcraft GO is gonna suck bawls

Quote Originally Posted by ONCHEhap View Post
    While kotaku is a complete SJW cesspool and Jason Schreier is an absolute wanker, he is still probably the only guy in "actual" games journalism right now that somewhat deserves that name, as he seems to have indeed insider contacts and does investigative journalsim. So while I have a hard time believing his and Kotaku's fucked up agenda, his reports might very well be true.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Iconja View Post
    I remember before the launch of Fable 3 Lionhead studios made a real life mobile game where you had to capture territories for either the rebels or the loyalists, I never actually played it myself but I imagine this is something similar, especially with all of the commercials they've done of people of opposing factions bumping into eachother on things like the bus and such.
    I can already read the headlines "Activision Blizzards game Warcraft GO incites real life violence and is linked to various gang shootings in the US".

- - - Updated - - -

Now I understand why Bfa design is so shit. Its hard for Ion to design a pc mmo and a mobile turd at the same time.
    I think that might be more linked to the other part of the article where they state that they have to justify their spending more and it would also explain why BfA was pushed out the door, long before it was actually ready.

I would love that! But only if it is actually connected to WoW, so you can fight and level the pets you have there. Add all the trainers, the dungeons and maybe even a side game of collecting pets that you can then use in game, and it's perfect! Would require an active sub to WoW, obviously

Quote Originally Posted by Teaon View Post
    so they cant have a team that is dictated to mobile because that will hurt your feelings? i mean WoW is still being developed, they just created a new team for mobile versions, and mobile team are surely a very small team.

but lets all BabyRage that they are not allowed to touch that market, even if it doesn't effect my games.
    My "feelings" don't play any role whatsoever. My wallet, however, does. And it's incredibly naive to think it doesn't affect "our" games. Blizzards ressources are limited, and they've just told the world they have no inetrest in producing "our" games anymore.