10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    It's the same base engine as Fallout 4, which is sitting at an 84 on metacritic on PC right now, whereas Fallout 76 on PC is at 55.

If reviewers are hitting Fallout 76 with a 30 point penalty because of the engine, that's not an honest or fair review.
    Moslty because people can cope with fallout 4 on pc due to the availability of mods and on consoles thanks for save files.

Also its not just the engine (which is shite) in fault for the score, its the overall gameplay loop and lack of interesting shit to do/plot, and the stuff you do is inconsequential at best, pvp is awful in a game that would encourage it.
    Cod has a new campaign, new weapons, new multiplayer levels every year. Zelda has been recycling the same weapons, villains, and dungeons since the 80's. Zelda recycles enough to make cod blush. The same weapons, villains, dungeons, and princess in every single Zelda for the most part. It's almost as cheesy as bowser vs Mario round 35

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by barackopala View Post
    Moslty because people can cope with fallout 4 on pc due to the availability of mods and on consoles thanks for save files.
    Reviewers don't rate a game based on modding.

Also its not just the engine (which is shite) in fault for the score, its the overall gameplay loop and lack of interesting shit to do/plot, and the stuff you do is inconsequential at best, pvp is awful in a game that would encourage it.
    1> There's a ton of shit to do. I've got easily 60 hours into this game, and I haven't launched a nuke. Maybe this weekend. That's a full RPG experience, it'll be comparable to a playthrough of vanilla Fallout 4 in terms of length, easily. It's the same gameplay loop as Fallout 4, essentially.

2> There's plenty of interesting shit to do, if you're interested in Fallout type stuff.

3> I wouldn't call it "inconsequential", when you have greater capacity to affect the map in Fallout 76 than in prior games.

4> PvP is allowed. It's not encouraged. This is a straight-up misconception. This game was not intended to be PvP-centered.

pvp is fine it just requires that everyone involved opens fire at each other, anyone who doesn't shoot is simply protected by the anti-grief shield.

if everyone involved wants to pvp, then pvp will just happen, normal wholesome all round pvp. pvp is aweful for those who just wanna go around shitting on everyone. the game does nothing for those types of players, first person they kill through the grief shield will stop them from finding more targets until they lose the bounty.

I've not found much tension in these games, if you save often your character is an immortal that never loses so. yeah tension is cool, tension in 76 comes from being dog piled by 20 npcs and hoping you don't lose all your junk 'oh crap i've got lots of junk on me better not die'.. at least this is a fallout game where you can actually lose something heh. not just reload the game as if nothing happened. hell its not just from deaths either but accidentally scrapping your favourite gun, dropping something on the floor and forgetting about it etc.
    Last edited by Heathy; 2018-11-22 at 10:14 PM.

Reviewers don't rate a game based on modding.

1> There's a ton of shit to do. I've got easily 60 hours into this game, and I haven't launched a nuke. Maybe this weekend. That's a full RPG experience, it'll be comparable to a playthrough of vanilla Fallout 4 in terms of length, easily. It's the same gameplay loop as Fallout 4, essentially.

2> There's plenty of interesting shit to do, if you're interested in Fallout type stuff.

3> I wouldn't call it "inconsequential", when you have greater capacity to affect the map in Fallout 76 than in prior games.

4> PvP is allowed. It's not encouraged. This is a straight-up misconception. This game was not intended to be PvP-centered.

1) yes rich lore, holotape playing sad sob story ( A+ voice acting though ) oh look a random event, holotape shuts the hell up due to leapy ghoulboi.
    ( this T model looking bastard just spawned right infront of me, took a little lie down, then popped up for funtime. great game design )
    lets dig through the "shitty" inventory screen ( which aint build for MP ) and try to play it again... oh, cant fast forward it... sod it.

2) yes the excitement of farming adhesive, il tell my grankids about that one someday. pew pew gun broke, better fast travel for caps to a repair bench.

3) The fallout zone of the nuke is there for a limited duration, so you can farm high end alchemical supplies to craft stable flux for high end patterns.
    So basically demon invasions in legion had the same massive impact.

4) Pvp is flawed ( and that's putting it mildly), shoot me i shoot you weeeeee we pvpeee, u die and rez X feet further to get yer doggybag with Deathclaw dicks
    back from me.
    No tension involved, oh look this guy shoots me... and you continue looting a drawer for pre-war panties. And waddle of into the sunset.

you couldn't get any more jaded if you tried.

oh no new game is about stacking numbers, just like all other games you start with a low number, you end up with a high number, its just numbers. and stacking them, and multiplying them and dividing them. math based tension wooo.

basically boil any game in existence down to stacking numbers.

I think there is more tension in combat in fallout 76 because you CAN ACTUALLY LOSE and not be able to reload the game back to before you lost. so unlike previous titles where i could save the game, charge headlong into a pack of deathclaws naked then reload the game, that can't happen here. you can fail multiple times, but the effects of those fails are persistent and carry over. you can't erase a fail.
    Last edited by Heathy; 2018-11-22 at 10:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Heathy View Post

oh no new game is about stacking numbers, just like all other games you start with a low number, you end up with a high number, its just numbers. and stacking them, and multiplying them and dividing them. math based tension wooo.

It's a bug infested copout, a gaming as a service micro transaction peddler. it's lazy, uninspired and majorly flawed.
    The previous versions had the modders as a backup ( dont think people buy a fallout just for fallout lore, majority buys it knowing it for modded longevity )

And im not just saying this, i wished i liked 76, i really do. It would tie me over till the next proper one.
    But as much as a i try, i see it for what it is... it's a greedy cashgrab by Tod "i lie through my teeth for cash" Howard.
    Stop trying to defend it as "its a good rust clone, i can scrap my weapon by missclicking so much tension hgggn"

Quote Originally Posted by Heathy View Post

I think there is more tension in combat in fallout 76 because you CAN ACTUALLY LOSE and not be able to reload the game back to before you lost. so unlike previous titles where i could save the game, charge headlong into a pack of deathclaws naked then reload the game, that can't happen here. you can fail multiple times, but the effects of those fails are persistent and carry over. you can't erase a fail.
    There's tension in losing your base because you can set up to close to neighbors who want to knock with guns. Workshops are a precious commodity between attacks that get harder as you take further out ones and players who want the resources.

I had to fight off a group of three people who wanted my junk piles. Much more exhilarating than a attack event the game has to spawn after rolling a dice, even if I still like fallout 4 settlement building and being a mayor.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    1) yes rich lore, holotape playing sad sob story ( A+ voice acting though ) oh look a random event, holotape shuts the hell up due to leapy ghoulboi.
    ( this T model looking bastard just spawned right infront of me, took a little lie down, then popped up for funtime. great game design )
    lets dig through the "shitty" inventory screen ( which aint build for MP ) and try to play it again... oh, cant fast forward it... sod it.
    Which isn't any different from any other Fallout game.

2) yes the excitement of farming adhesive, il tell my grankids about that one someday. pew pew gun broke, better fast travel for caps to a repair bench.
    Carry a spare. Keep track of your weapon's condition. You don't ever need to fast travel to repair anything, if you're paying attention.

Also, these mechanics were already present in Fallout 4 and New Vegas. They aren't new in Fallout 76.

3) The fallout zone of the nuke is there for a limited duration, so you can farm high end alchemical supplies to craft stable flux for high end patterns.
    So basically demon invasions in legion had the same massive impact.
    Not even sure what you're complaining about, here.

4) Pvp is flawed ( and that's putting it mildly), shoot me i shoot you weeeeee we pvpeee, u die and rez X feet further to get yer doggybag with Deathclaw dicks
    back from me.
    No tension involved, oh look this guy shoots me... and you continue looting a drawer for pre-war panties. And waddle of into the sunset.
    And? PvP was never the focus in this. There are systems specifically intended to disincentivize PvP. It's meant to be allowed, but not encouraged.

Complaining because you don't understand the game is not really a valid complaint.

- - - Updated - - -

It's a bug infested copout, a gaming as a service micro transaction peddler.
    The only possible microtransaction is buying ATOM for cosmetics. And you get a shit-ton. I haven't spent any because the stuff that drops in-game is just as great, and without even trying to make ATOM, I have almost 2700 saved up.

Bitching about entirely optional microtransactions that can only get you cosmetics is pretty dang ridiculous.

It's a bug infested copout, a gaming as a service micro transaction peddler. it's lazy, uninspired and majorly flawed.
    The previous versions had the modders as a backup ( dont think people buy a fallout just for fallout lore, majority buys it knowing it for modded longevity )

And im not just saying this, i wished i liked 76, i really do. It would tie me over till the next proper one.
    But as much as a i try, i see it for what it is... it's a greedy cashgrab by Tod "i lie through my teeth for cash" Howard.
    Stop trying to defend it as "its a good rust clone, i can scrap my weapon by missclicking so much tension hgggn"
    please show me almighty arm chair developing god how many fucking triple A's have you pumped out recently? whats that you say NONE? well colour me surprised.

I bet none of you have created anything more complex than a clone of pong. and yet here we are, somehow you could have done better? ok then...

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    It's the same base engine as Fallout 4, which is sitting at an 84 on metacritic on PC right now, whereas Fallout 76 on PC is at 55.

If reviewers are hitting Fallout 76 with a 30 point penalty because of the engine, that's not an honest or fair review.
    Oh come now, the engine is three years older now than it was when Fallout 4 released and 76 is Online, which opens up even more problems.

People have been asking Blizzard to change their engine since OBLIVION for crying out loud.

Quote Originally Posted by Myobi View Post
    Lol! First you need to sink at least 300 hours to have an opinion about a video game, now you need to make a fucking triple A game... sounds legit.
    Absurd yes. But so is saying the game is awful because Yong says so.

Quote Originally Posted by PACOX View Post
    Again, the guy I quoted said it was on sale, I can only go on his word. Sony and Xbox has the special editions on sale. Those arent obscure websites.
    You can not buy RDR2 for less then $59.99ish at any major store front.

If you can prove otherwise then so so. $10 off the normally $80 and $100 versions of the game is hardly putting a game on sale.

Fallout 76 is literally 30-35% off ALL versions of the game including the base at nearly every retailer.

That shit is bomba, sorry you're trying to make it seem like it's normal for BF but it's not for a game that came out a week ago.

10+ Year Old Account
    Would anyone recommend buying FO76 as a solo player?
    Shath'mag vwyq shu et'agthu, Shath'mag sshk ye! Krz'ek fhn'z agash zz maqdahl or'kaaxth'ma amqa!
    The Black Empire once ruled this pitiful world, and it will do so again! Your pitiful kind will know only despair and sorrow for a hundred thousand millennia to come!

Except no one said the game is awful because Yong said so.

If you can't argue against what people actually say don't, but don't go around making shit up just to make it easier for yourself.
    Is that why you guys keep linking videos and the newest meme is being on sale and guns breaking in a Fallout game?

10+ Year Old Account
    You can still do shit by yourself, but you'll always end up coming across other players.

I recommend you the same I've recommended others, see if you get a chance to play it trough a friend's account or something, otherwise just wait for a discount big enough that even if you end up disliking the game, doesn't make you regret buying it... also, private servers are supposed to be a thing in the future, it's a matter of time until you can get a server just for yourself.
    Okay cool, cheers for the quick response.
    Shath'mag vwyq shu et'agthu, Shath'mag sshk ye! Krz'ek fhn'z agash zz maqdahl or'kaaxth'ma amqa!
    The Black Empire once ruled this pitiful world, and it will do so again! Your pitiful kind will know only despair and sorrow for a hundred thousand millennia to come!

You can still do shit by yourself, but you'll always end up coming across other players.

I recommend you the same I've recommended others, see if you get a chance to play it trough a friend's account or something, otherwise just wait for a discount big enough that even if you end up disliking the game, doesn't make you regret buying it... also, private servers are supposed to be a thing in the future, it's a matter of time until you can get a server just for yourself.

Yes, that's exactly it, the truth is, we are part of Illuminati, this is all a big ass conspiracy.

But it’s to late now, you can’t stop us now….

No seriously now, do you have a point?
    Do you, person that claims to like the game while posting negative reviews and adding to the meme complaints?

I haven't played it yet (Me and my SO are going to play it together starting tomorrow), but from the reviews I'm seeing...

People that are into lore and storytelling aren't finding the game too bad, people with the gogogo mentality aren't having a good time. I do intend on reading every terminal and listening to every holotape, so I'm hoping I'll at least somewhat enjoy the game for a little while.

As I said, stop making shit up, it makes you look desperate.

… and again, if you have a problem with my posts, throw me into you ignore list or just take it to the moderation team, if you have something that you actually want to discuss, quote me exactly on it and I’ll have no problem talking about it…. but this shit you insist on doing, it’s just pathetic.
    What's the point of ignoring you? Your martyr complex? I think it's great you agree with the "souless boring game" critics and want to claim you like the game. Why else would a sale matter so heavily? I thought you wanted that, "I advise you buy it on sale"?

I finally made my way up to the top of the world, holy crap mob levels are much different there. Right at those cabins I had a mass respawn of scorched that included several 58s and a 68, and while fighting them I hit a pack of glowing mole miners all at level 40. I thought I was going to die, but the power armor let me tank it and the Gatling Gun did its work. I did have to use ~5 stim packs though.
    And I saw, and behold, a pale horse: and he that sat upon him, his name was Death; and Hades followed with him. And there was given unto them authority over the fourth part of the earth, to kill with sword, and with famine, and with death, and by the wild beasts of the earth.

... a martyr complex? Really dude… really? Fucking hell…

No, the point is just to stop yourself from this kind of humiliation.

It’s not the first, nor the second, nor the third time you try to do this shit, it’s just getting ridiculous now…

Let’s try again, shall we?

I also don’t believe I ever said that it was a “soulless” game.

I recommend anyone trying the game, any game actually, before buying it.

Despite the general opinion towards it, you might still enjoy it or not.

Sadly, that’s not something that its always possible, forcing you to go blind or to just rely on the reviews currently available, considering that most of them are giving the game pretty mediocre score at best, the chances you also might end up disliking as well are higher, thus you probably should avoid paying full triple A price for it, that way, if you end up regretting the purchase, you won’t feel as bad for not being able to return it.

Seems fairly logical to me… but please, go ahead, share your own piece of advice about it.
    Reviews can be useful. They can also be junk for the pile, see Oblivion with guns. I'd recommend watching gameplay, something neutral as drooling over a game is just as useless as the shitstorm. Plus, you get people who can't stop talking about the game despite not liking it.

Could you imagine not liking a game so much, you follow it and post reviews? I'd go do something else if I didn't like the game. Besides, the people who don't like the game will never like it. So, that's just as tainted as the person who can't admit any fault for an even handed review.

A sale would be a great time to move in. But, I guess being on sale is the next meme people that don't want to play can complain about.