Page 8 of 15 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Bisso View Post
    I understand the big CEOs and board director wanting this. But the article says the devs themselves are excited about this. Which honestly, only make me think that maybe Blizzard started recruiting damn casuals that do not reflect at all the Blizzard playerbase.
    The employees need to say they are excited to keep their jobs. Do you really think they are going to say this is a HORRIBLE idea and we want no part in it???

Sad to see blizzard this messed up. They can't make current games better so they panic and make mobile games for easy money.

Incubation (Dev team) are working on both Project Fenris (Diablo IV) and the Warcraft Go mobile game? Ugh

Quote Originally Posted by Lolsteak View Post
    Incubation (Dev team) are working on both Project Fenris (Diablo IV) and the Warcraft Go mobile game? Ugh
    That is not what it says. It says it is being developed by a different team.

Edit: actually that statement is super ambiguous. It could mean Diablo 4 is being worked on by incubation ( I doubt it) or Diablo immortal is being worked on by incubation( most likely) seeing as incubation is the mobile dev team.
    Last edited by Nilmur; 2018-11-22 at 09:43 PM.

Considering that Pokemon Go has made Niantic almost 2 Billion Dollars, I can see why they would want to move into the mobile market: https://www.forbes.com/sites/insertc.../#10ae4f0b4655

Tons of people still play the game, last Community Day for Cyndaquil there were literally hundreds of people in my area playing at a state park near by. The FB group for our city has over 10,000 members and nearly 200 posts a day. Discord is packed for raid coordination as well. Blizzard might want to get a cut of that before Niantic release their Harry Potter Go game coming up in 2019.
    And I saw, and behold, a pale horse: and he that sat upon him, his name was Death; and Hades followed with him. And there was given unto them authority over the fourth part of the earth, to kill with sword, and with famine, and with death, and by the wild beasts of the earth.

Quote Originally Posted by Nilmur View Post
    That is not what it says. It says it is being developed by a different team
    Multiple teams inside the Dev unit with all the old hands.

What does worry me (an no the sky isn't falling I know that) is that we now have this article plus 2-3 former (high-ups) all more or less saying sorta the same thing.

Look I have been a Blizzard fan for over a decade but even I have to admit to myself at least that the overall quality isn't what it used to be.
    On top of all this you have the whole lootbox issue that is slowly but surely being banned in more and more countries this will hurt ActiBlizz, this week a report came out that there is a massive increase of underage gambling and they are pointing the finger also at Overwatch as a cause.

But other then that it will be a wait and see game and that will take between 1-3 years before we can really see if ActiBlizz is downgrading all of its PC IP's and WoW will be the 1st one to really feel that impact, unless 9.0 brings (actual) new systems (not rehashes) to the game then numbers will not recover, yes you will see an influx at launch as always but unlike before I and others that are not happy with Beta for Azeroth will wait and see instead of pre-ordering on day 1 it becomes available.

TLDR I hope this is all smoke but I am worried non the less.
    Want to play SWTOR again and get 7 free days of subscription access + free ingame goodies: http://www.swtor.com/r/d5LnJT

7+ Year Old Account
    This is Bliz's new market they want

"Blizzard says cancellations show commitment to quality and that they have only released about 50% of the projects that they have worked on in the past 3 decades."

I really, really don't agree with this sentiment. Unless you're a gigantic company like Nintendo, Sony, or Microsoft or whatever, that's really not something to be proud of. (Even then, none of them would be proud of it either.) Blizzard thinks of themselves like a Nintendo/gigantic mega-studio, which is a huge mistake, because they're really just not that big. It's kind of a shocker that an attitude like that hasn't been reigned in more than it has.

They want to act like a small indie studio, while being treated like a gigantic studio, while being something in the middle. They want to have their cake and eat it too.

(It also doesn't help that they've gotten, and I think undeserved, reputation of mythical quality among gamers, mainly PC gamers, similar to Valve, which has never really been the reality. Blizzard, really, has never really done much more than make mainstream friendly versions of more harder core titles, and added in some poop jokes, streamlined them, and made them more polished. They were never really worth their god-like status, IMHO, but whatever. That is what it is.)
    Last edited by Otimus; 2018-11-22 at 10:20 PM.

Some Blizzard developers are genuinely excited to make mobile games.
    Cute joke... hopefully.

It's well fucking known among developer circles that mobile gaming is where B-teams get relegated.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Otimus View Post
    "Blizzard says cancellations show commitment to quality and that they have only released about 50% of the projects that they have worked on in the past 3 decades."

I really, really don't agree with this sentiment. Unless you're a gigantic company like Nintendo, Sony, or Microsoft or whatever, that's really not something to be proud of. (Even then, none of them would be proud of it either.) Blizzard thinks of themselves like a Nintendo/gigantic mega-studio, which is a huge mistake, because they're really just not that big. It's kind of a shocker that an attitude like that hasn't been reigned in more than it has.

They want to act like a small indie studio, while being treated like a gigantic studio, while being something in the middle. They want to have their cake and eat it too.
    They don't release games they aren't happy with, is all that means.

Nintendo, Sony, and Microsoft have all released some really bad games in the past.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by smityx View Post
    This is Bliz's new market they want
    It's a burgeoning market. Blizzard would be stupid to ignore it simply because the people that hate 90% of what they make anyway think they shouldn't.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

“Blizzard has been and continues to be a developer-driven company. All of the games we create represent ideas our game developers themselves are passionate about. This is as true for Diablo Immortal as it was for Warcraft: Orcs & Humans, or Overwatch, or any game we’ve ever made. We believe that the best games to make are ones that our developers believe in.”
    Is that why they pay their developers poverty level wages while forcing them to live in one of the most expensive areas in the world, overworking them, telling them they're disposable and firing people for "being outspoken"?

Quote Originally Posted by The-Shan View Post
    Blizzard has been owned by another company since the beginning. They didn't really have a choice in going public, because they were purchased from Vivendi by investors.
    Completely separate situation. You can be owned by someone and have autonomy. Being the leading brand in a publicly traded company is completely different from being owned by a holding company.

The guy from the Quartering put out a video, basically said Blizzard pays their midrange employees less than the industry standard. Working at Blizzard is more about passion and nostalgia for Blizzard games. Many employees live in communes, because they don’t get paid enough, and some live a hour away because it’s more affordable. People like Greg Street and Ben Brode left because they could make more money elsewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by muto View Post
    The guy from the Quartering put out a video, basically said Blizzard pays their midrange employees less than the industry standard. Working at Blizzard is more about passion and nostalgia for Blizzard games. Many employees live in communes, because they don’t get paid enough, and some live a hour away because it’s more affordable. People like Greg Street and Ben Brode left because they could make more money elsewhere.
    What’s wrong with living an hour away from work? I know people who commute over two hours one way every day. And that is if there’s no traffic jams or trains are delayed.

I get your point and it’s horrible if they get paid below industry standards but an hour to work ain’t that bad.

If Blizzard would Gofundme! out of Activision, I'm sure we fans would pull it off.

Quote Originally Posted by otro View Post
    If Blizzard would Gofundme! out of Activision, I'm sure we fans would pull it off.
    Except that they can’t just leave.

Do you hear the voices too?

Quote Originally Posted by ONCHEhap View Post
    Good job MMO-C,you posted the bullshit and lies from a rag like Kotaku,now everyone is going to believe it and take it as truth

There's enough shit to be said about Blizzard without adding lies to it
    are you joking?kotaku has much more respect on the net than mmo-c,there have proffessional journalists working for them.

Quote Originally Posted by babyback View Post
    Except that they can’t just leave.
    Isn't a buy out possible? legit question, I have no idea how their deal works!

I really worry me that they considered the China and mobile market because they are "short projects" and the public isnt so "demanding in China". I hope this quote isnt true:

"You can release something that’d be considered alpha footage here and it’d be a finished game there.”