Page 10 of 15 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Nilmur View Post
    That is not what it says. It says it is being developed by a different team.

Edit: actually that statement is super ambiguous. It could mean Diablo 4 is being worked on by incubation ( I doubt it) or Diablo immortal is being worked on by incubation( most likely) seeing as incubation is the mobile dev team.
    It says

Project Fenris is being worked on by a separate team from Diablo: Immortal known as Incubation.

Pretty clear
    Quote Originally Posted by Potboza View Post
    I created a black human male called "Pedopriest" and ran him to SW.
    I started asking where the schools were.
    Someone said "My kids play on this server you creep! How can you live with yourself?"
    I whispered back, "How old are they?"
    Yeah.

Quote Originally Posted by otro View Post
    If Blizzard would Gofundme! out of Activision, I'm sure we fans would pull it off.
    If they did that the money would go to Activision.

blizzard is dead i guess

Quote Originally Posted by Ianus View Post
    blizzard is dead i guess
    Don't think of it as dead...more like morphing into something...different!
    The hunter hoe with the least beloe.

Quote Originally Posted by Wondercrab View Post
    Depressing if true. The mobile stuff is whatever, but the talk about cutting costs and showing growth is dismal to hear. Blizzard has always been more on the fringe of the profit-driven AAA industry, and this kind of corporate talk is the first death knell of any passionate, artistically motivated developer.
    nail on the head couldn't have worded my response better.

10+ Year Old Account
    So basically, Activision wants to take everything that made Blizzard what it is and trash it? THAT SHOULD TOTALLY WORK OUT, YEP!

Quote Originally Posted by Onikaroshi View Post
    Look at cable companies, there's a reason they do more to bring people in then keep the people they have.
    Umm... are you sure you want to go with the cable company as an example of good business? I mean people are cable cutting everywhere and it's not because they can't afford it. No channel selection, few good shows, and even if by some miracle you find anything good on, you spend 30 minutes watching commercials - and this is a product they dare ask money for? Cable TV is a dying business.

I mean if Blizzard wants to follow cable companies example they can try, they should just realize that what makes it almost work for big cable is they have a monopoly by owning the last mile of wires. I wish blizzard good luck without the monopoly.

Quote Originally Posted by kamuimac View Post
    maybe becuase much more people in game do pet battles then raids/mythic + ?
    HAHAHAHAHAHAHAH best joke of the year, congrats!

Quote Originally Posted by Muajin76 View Post
    Don't think of it as dead...more like morphing into something...different!
    Something different, something like... Activision! Which is not terrible, but not good either.

Lol, I feel bad about Blizzard employees, cutting costs of course would get the morale downhill in any company.
    The "Anti CEO" wanted good games and happy employees, so the CEO now wants profitability and that's it. They should take a look at Amazon and their principles, their success could taught them a thing or two.

Quote Originally Posted by otro View Post
    If Blizzard would Gofundme! out of Activision, I'm sure we fans would pull it off.
    Yep, I'm sure the community could cough up a cool few billion dollars.

Quote Originally Posted by Galateacyc View Post
    Umm... are you sure you want to go with the cable company as an example of good business? I mean people are cable cutting everywhere and it's not because they can't afford it. No channel selection, few good shows, and even if by some miracle you find anything good on, you spend 30 minutes watching commercials - and this is a product they dare ask money for? Cable TV is a dying business.

I mean if Blizzard wants to follow cable companies example they can try, they should just realize that what makes it almost work for big cable is they have a monopoly by owning the last mile of wires. I wish blizzard good luck without the monopoly.
    Cable companies are just an example, good luck getting a deal from just about ANY company if you're a current customer, deals are only to bring people in, they barely ever give the current people deals (cell phone providers are another big one

Reminds me of all the sports websites posting drama off the field/court from a "source". Clickbait and nothing more.

Did anyone even make it through reading what is new to island expedition without already getting bored of them?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Magicpot View Post
    real talk though blizzard has been underperforming expectations and their development pipeline is too long. They need to release more money making games quicker in future.
    Maybe they are pumping out some mobile games to shut Activision up so they can keep focusing on the stuff they want to make.

- - - Updated - - -

How much would Blizzard need to make to buy themselves out, and how would they even make the money to do that?

"Blizzard employees say one of the biggest ongoing conversations this year has been cutting costs."

Yep. All you have to do is play the game to see this. Sigh.

"Activision wants to boost Blizzard's content output by adding more developers and release more games on a regular schedule."

So they want more for less. You can go right ahead and f off with that. Seriously. Just sit and spin.
    Last edited by Pratt; 2018-11-23 at 03:51 AM.

I still don't understand how activision tells blizzard or even king what to do when they bring in the least amount of money?

7+ Year Old Account
    I mean.. if the mobile game is about pet battles, I don't really mind and will try it out. Pokémon Go is the only mobile game I've really played (mainly since it's so easy to just put on when I go outside to run errands or do other real life stuff, can just grab stuff on the way, maybe battle a gym or a raid if I have the time) like.. ever I guess? Aside from small ones that never really lasted that long in terms of entertainment (like Magikarp Jump). Not sure how much I'd like a Warcraft-based mobile game, though. Since one of the things that fuels my interest in Pokémon Go is that I've been a huge Pokémon fan ever since I was a kid and have played all the main franchise games.. well.. a lot during my life.

That being said, if it's true and especially if it's about pet battles, sure. I'll give it a go. I'm not holding my breath, though. Not too big into mobile game genre, but it could be ok, it could be bad.. we don't know yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Chickat View Post
    How much would Blizzard need to make to buy themselves out, and how would they even make the money to do that?
    Everything Blizzard makes belongs to Activision-Blizzard. They cannot "buy themselves out".

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Barnabas View Post
    I still don't understand how activision tells blizzard or even king what to do when they bring in the least amount of money?
    Kotick tells the people under him, like the people running the Blizzard or King divisions, what is expected of them. If they don't deliver, he can replace them.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

Blizzard: "We cancelled the next Diablo 3 expansion because we have a commitment to quality"
    Also Blizzard: "We gave the diablo brand to a Chinese company so they could reskin their existing game with our brand"

Man I hope this flops cause if it works they are getting away with being twofaced arseholes of the highest order.

Quote Originally Posted by olioster View Post
    So basically, Activision wants to take everything that made Blizzard what it is and trash it? THAT SHOULD TOTALLY WORK OUT, YEP!
    Even Activision can't trash....The World of Warcraft!!!!
    The hunter hoe with the least beloe.